Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Site help

cant send a message to one user as says it spam

Jump to newest

By *ark41essex OP   Man
over a year ago

essex/east lon

I'm not putting any site or spam messages just saying hi and arranging to meet up as we have spoken before but following keeps coming up - To protect our users from SPAM or UNWELCOME CONTENT, because your message contained a WEB SITE or UNWELCOME CONTENT it has been blocked. Just hit back and remove the website name or address and the message will be sent This is to protect people like you from receiving spam! PS. please don't try and get around the blocks or your account will be removed

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

log out and back in might work

By *not69Man
over a year ago

Burnley

Have a read through and make sure you've not mentioned another website by name or it will flag it as spam. You dont have to put the web address in, you only need to mention it's name to trigger the spam filter

over a year ago

Also not just websites certain words can trigger a ban aswell

over a year ago

Hi, I had exactly the same issue two days ago.

Couldn't send a message which contained a few paragraphs. And there was no url or even site name mentioned...

In the end I had to truncate the message into several parts to check separately. It looks like the bits that were still flagged contained a more explicit sort of language... but we are on a swinging site right, we can use crude words can't we ?

I understand the point of an anti-spam filter, but this one seems to deliver far-fetched false negatives...

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

There are certain words that you cannot use, the site filters for them and blocks them.

Post new Message to Thread