Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Site help

Message string

Jump to newest

By *itianmandy OP   Woman
over a year ago

london

Hi dont know if this is me or the system, but when I open a message to someone I've written to, my previous message doesn't show in their reply-I'm sure it used to! Have things changed? Mands

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Hi dont know if this is me or the system, but when I open a message to someone I've written to, my previous message doesn't show in their reply-I'm sure it used to! Have things changed? Mands"

Likely to do with a change we did this-morning. We'll have a look at fixing

Admin x

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

Ok we're struggling.

Where exactly did the old message used to show? On what page and where on the page?

Admin x

over a year ago

london

"Ok we're struggling.

Where exactly did the old message used to show? On what page and where on the page?

Admin x"

Thanks for your reply. If I sent a message to someone, a copy of my message would be visible in their reply back to me, but it doesnt appear to be anymore, so I have to go back to my sent message folder to see what I'd said to them originally. I'm sure it never used to be like this!

By (user no longer on site)
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Have you been site supporters in the past? im sure the message history came as part of a supporter package

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Have you been site supporters in the past? im sure the message history came as part of a supporter package"

It might be this

As a site supporter you see a full thread of messages under the message if there has been prior conversation on that thread.

Admin x

over a year ago

london

"Have you been site supporters in the past? im sure the message history came as part of a supporter package

It might be this

As a site supporter you see a full thread of messages under the message if there has been prior conversation on that thread.

Admin x"

Thanks again for your response. Yes I know about the site supporter facility, but Ive never been one (shame) so my query isnt something that comes from that.

Maybe I'm going mad, but when you opened a reply to a message, wasnt the last dialogue always visible? I think the site supporter facility shows the entire string of dialogue?

thanks in advance.

over a year ago

i think you mean the text that shows in a blue box under where you write your reply?

over a year ago

london

"i think you mean the text that shows in a blue box under where you write your reply?"

Hi, thanks for yr reply. I cant quite remember how it appeared, but let me give you an example.

If I open my sent messages folder, click a message I can see the message I've sent, but not the text that I'm responding to.

If I open my inbox and click a message thats a reply to one of mine, the new (incoming) text is visible, but not the text I sent-I'm sure this wasn't always the case! M

By *unterslickCouple
over a year ago

tullamore

yeah before we were supporters it would appear in bluebox under the new recieved message,like on forum

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

We'll have a look into this

over a year ago

london

thanks guys, hope Im not wasting anyone's time

over a year ago

"Thanks again for your response. Yes I know about the site supporter facility, but Ive never been one (shame) so my query isnt something that comes from that.

Maybe I'm going mad, but when you opened a reply to a message, wasnt the last dialogue always visible? I think the site supporter facility shows the entire string of dialogue?

thanks in advance."

You're not going mad, I was just coming on here to ask this too - I always used to get a copy of my last message below the message sent to me (underneath the box which gives you the option to delete) and I've not been a site supporter.

over a year ago

Not sure if this is what you are meaning but I thought your previous message only showed if the person who received it, hit "reply to message" and if you did same, then a message thread would develop, but if they go into your profile and hit "send message" and reply that way, then your previous message or messages do not show, if that is any help.

over a year ago

when reading a reply your original message that you had send appeared under the delete or save message etc:

over a year ago

Yes, if the person replied to your message by hitting, "reply to message", otherwise it didn't....I think! am confused now, lol.

over a year ago

Well I can't be sure but I'm having conversations with people so I would assume they are hitting 'reply' rather than 'send new message'...and it would mean that every single person I talk to is doing that now when they used to hit 'reply' which seems a bit of a coincidence.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/02/11 22:24:08]

over a year ago

"Well I can't be sure but I'm having conversations with people so I would assume they are hitting 'reply' rather than 'send new message'...and it would mean that every single person I talk to is doing that now when they used to hit 'reply' which seems a bit of a coincidence.

"

Not sure what is going on....but I have had many messages today and every one that has had two or more reples to the same person has shown my previous messages as it used to in a message thread...so not sure what is wrong with others message threads.

over a year ago

london

"Thanks again for your response. Yes I know about the site supporter facility, but Ive never been one (shame) so my query isnt something that comes from that.

thanks in advance.

You're not going mad, I was just coming on here to ask this too - I always used to get a copy of my last message below the message sent to me (underneath the box which gives you the option to delete) and I've not been a site supporter."

Thank you! I was honestly wondering whether I was remembering things properly!

over a year ago

london

"Well I can't be sure but I'm having conversations with people so I would assume they are hitting 'reply' rather than 'send new message'...and it would mean that every single person I talk to is doing that now when they used to hit 'reply' which seems a bit of a coincidence.

Not sure what is going on....but I have had many messages today and every one that has had two or more reples to the same person has shown my previous messages as it used to in a message thread...so not sure what is wrong with others message threads."

I think being a site supporter you will see the full message string anyway

Post new Message to Thread