Back to forum list
Back to Site help

Ip problem

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hello

We have a problem.

We met a real nice guy yesterday, played tiddlywinks and took some nice scenery photo's

He logged in to fabs at our house and uploaded a couple to his profile, when he got home he tried to verify us and we tried to verify him but the system won't let us.

We know fabs has a system in place to stop people making second accounts to verify themselfs by ip matching so we assumed it must be this as we have never had a problem in the past.

Is there any way this can be sorted please so we can proceed to post on each others profiles how good the said game of tiddlywinks was.

We have tried sending admin a message but know they are real busy so don't like to pester them.

Any help much appreciated.

Shaz n Tony

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It cause you both verified each other from the same ip address and that's why I won't register your verification

over a year ago

I doubt if there is anything that admin can do, I assume that you knew about the restriction before you let him use your PC or internet connection?

I never use others PC's to log on with as you cant trust what people have on their PC that may compromise passwords etc (either deliberate or through malware)

Steve

over a year ago

From admins point of view if verification comes from the same ip address it looks like a false verification one you have written yourself I'm not saying this is the case here but understand admins point of view 2 verification from the same ip doesn't sound honest

over a year ago

"It cause you both verified each other from the same ip address and that's why I won't register your verification"

No, not fromt he same ip, we didn't try verifying each other until he had gone home (on his own ip)

Tony

over a year ago

well thats all I can think of,same ip or mac address

over a year ago

"I doubt if there is anything that admin can do, I assume that you knew about the restriction before you let him use your PC or internet connection?

I never use others PC's to log on with as you cant trust what people have on their PC that may compromise passwords etc (either deliberate or through malware)

Steve"

I did know the restriction if you try to if you try to verify each other on the same ip address yes as seen it posted in forums but that's why we didn't try to verify each other until he was at home on his own ip address.

Tony

over a year ago

"well thats all I can think of,same ip or mac address"

I was hoping maybe they stored in database all accounts that had logged in on same ip and they could sjut click a button to remove it.

Tony

over a year ago

Not sure Tony,I guess only the powers that be can answer that,have you contacted admin?

over a year ago

"Not sure Tony,I guess only the powers that be can answer that,have you contacted admin?"

We contacted admin yesterday but not heard anything, we know they are busy though and not got the time to answer all messages.

Tony

over a year ago

It worked now wooohooo!

Thanks admin or whoever did what was done

Tony

Post new Message to Thread