Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Site help

Why are there 2 Meets facilities ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There is a "Meets, Events" button along the pagetop banner, to post or view meet-ups; but I see there is also a Forum entitled "Meet Requests and Parties: Looking for a meet? Please post details here". What's the difference ? Why don't the users of the Forum version just use the "Meets, Events" button ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It's just another option, to be honest I don't know about others we've never been very successful using either section of the site

over a year ago

Using the forums would be easier to arrange parties and gb i think. They make a public list of people in the forums.

For 1 on 1s i don't think there's any difference except a different audience viewing your request.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Maybe they use both options?

over a year ago

"It's just another option, to be honest I don't know about others we've never been very successful using either section of the site "

I've never had any luck either when posting a meet

over a year ago

Status updates tend to be best for finding meets, i always manage to get plenty of replies from a status update.

By *lighty1Woman
over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

I think using the 'meets, event' on the top menu puts the 'meet now' icon on your profile, and enables people to search for people who are looking to meet immediately.

The Forum on the left menu doesn't do this. In my opinion, the Forum is best used to advertise socials etc that are open to all.

Post new Message to Thread