Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Site help

Messages showing as read

Jump to newest

By *oody500 OP   Man
4 weeks ago

Bray

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing an issue with messages, if I message someone the message shows as being read even though they aren't online

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *en_Dover79Man
4 weeks ago

Oswaldtwistle

"Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing an issue with messages, if I message someone the message shows as being read even though they aren't online "

Means they have read it and gone offline. In short terms they aren't interested

By *oody500 OP   Man
4 weeks ago

Bray

"Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing an issue with messages, if I message someone the message shows as being read even though they aren't online

Means they have read it and gone offline. In short terms they aren't interested"

You misunderstood, I messaged them today but they haven't been online since yesterday but the message is showing as being read, how can they read the message and go offline if they haven't been online in the first place

By *asterMeliodasMan
3 weeks ago

Near Keith

I've noticed almost the opposite issue where a message in a conversation will show unread until there's another one after it, at which point it shows as read.

By *ir tootusMan
3 weeks ago

Burton-on-Trent

"I've noticed almost the opposite issue where a message in a conversation will show unread until there's another one after it, at which point it shows as read."

There's also the one where you send reply to a forum dm, which makes the one before it read if it wasn't before

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

3 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

May just be a glitch.

When I look at my 'friends requests' received (the ones I've not accepted) they all currently show as last having been online over a year ago.

On profiles less than a year old. 🤷‍♂️😂

By *rsPricklePantsWoman
3 weeks ago

Room 237 at The Overlook Hotel, Suffolk

I have found sometimes when I get notifications that I have a message and drop it open even if it doesn't show the whole message sometimes it will mark it as read on here

By *ingerella About TownWoman
3 weeks ago

Central London

There's different lags/refresh rates with different features which may explain the "read while not online" appearance.

If someone reads a new message in a conversation in their outbox that doesn't mark it as read. If they read in the Inbox and then mark as unread again it only marks the most recent one as unread.

The solution to both these problems is to delete your sent items like a chill and civilised human being and avoid the temptation for oddly stalkery behaviour some features offer.

By *ongAndThick123Man
3 weeks ago

Leeds

"I've noticed almost the opposite issue where a message in a conversation will show unread until there's another one after it, at which point it shows as read."

What’s happening here is that someone read your message and marked it as unread. Then you’ve double messaged them (questionable) and they’ve read it and then put you as unread again. But only the most recent goes to unread

Post new Message to Thread