Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Site help

Location data on a Tor browser

Jump to newest

By *ungMarried2020 OP   Man
over a year ago

Halifax

Hi, I’m using a Tor browser to access Fab but for some reason the near by location data does not update.

Any ideas?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Hi, I’m using a Tor browser to access Fab but for some reason the near by location data does not update.

Any ideas?"

Hi op

Are you connected with your map when you are signed into this the browser works via it as well so it's able to pin point your own location

By *ungMarried2020 OP   Man
over a year ago

Halifax

"Hi, I’m using a Tor browser to access Fab but for some reason the near by location data does not update.

Any ideas?

Hi op

Are you connected with your map when you are signed into this the browser works via it as well so it's able to pin point your own location "

When I view a profile I can see an accurate representation of my distance from the profile I’m viewing - I assume it does this based on the postcode I have added for my current location. However, if I click See who’s near by I see results from my previous location, so it’s the location data which is not updating.

By *andi_kinkygramTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Presumably tor (or whatever browser) would need to be given access to location services to access GPS and other bits used for location. Does it have those permissions?

Then there is tor itself which goes to some length to obfuscate identifying data. It is configurable but that's probably a discussion for a technical forum.

Maybe a better solution for you would be a browser + VPN?

tc

Cx

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Any ideas?

Hi op

Are you connected with your map when you are signed into this the browser works via it as well so it's able to pin point your own location

When I view a profile I can see an accurate representation of my distance from the profile I’m viewing - I assume it does this based on the postcode I have added for my current location. However, if I click See who’s near by I see results from my previous location, so it’s the location data which is not updating. "

You'll also have to remember not everyone has given permission to the site for their own precise location.

You could try clearing any junk files within your location history and check that your browser has permission to use location

Post new Message to Thread