I have tried twice but keep getting this:-

Error at 28/01/2013 16:21:06

If informing us about the error please note the time/date above

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I get an error / get told to resize my photo when I try to upload a photo.

Use the new improved flash based photo upload tool which you can find linked from your photos page. This automatically resizes before upload so it can handle large images, you can upload multiple images and it's much faster than the old upload page.

Alternatively, if you don't have flash or want to use the old upload method: Modern digital cameras take very large pictures and they will cause errors if you try to upload them to the site. If you resize the photo to 1024*768 or smaller in a graphics programme and save as a JPG or make sure they are under 1mb in size then they'll upload fine. Most graphics software will easily resize images, or we recommend the free VSO image resizer which lets you right click and resize if you're using Windows. Alternatively, lots of digital cameras let you choose a lower resolution when shooting pictures which would also work.

( taken from the FAQ )

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I get an error / get told to resize my photo when I try to upload a photo.

Use the new improved flash based photo upload tool which you can find linked from your photos page. This automatically resizes before upload so it can handle large images, you can upload multiple images and it's much faster than the old upload page.

Alternatively, if you don't have flash or want to use the old upload method: Modern digital cameras take very large pictures and they will cause errors if you try to upload them to the site. If you resize the photo to 1024*768 or smaller in a graphics programme and save as a JPG or make sure they are under 1mb in size then they'll upload fine. Most graphics software will easily resize images, or we recommend the free VSO image resizer which lets you right click and resize if you're using Windows. Alternatively, lots of digital cameras let you choose a lower resolution when shooting pictures which would also work.

( taken from the FAQ )"

Thanks Rugby but its saved on my pc and the same size as I always use but will try this new flash thingamebob

Post new Message to Thread