Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Site help

Photo Verified Reliability

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How easy is it to put up a fake photo and photoshop in the required text to get photo verified?

Just recently I've been coming across more new accounts that are photo verified but turn out to be fakes/scammers, so I wanted to get a perspective oh how much/little I should rely on photo verifications

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

I believe at times they do slip through the net given amount that may come through but do get found out if not by the site by good Samaritans

over a year ago

After you wrote that a suspect profile in our area disappeared. So I guess the system works at least some of the time

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

PV's are moderated by mods then double checked by an Admin, so not many dodgy ones would get through. If you have any doubts then I would report, it doesn't hurt for another check.

What do you define as fake ?

over a year ago

I suppose fake photo is a misnomer because the photos are real, but I mean a photo that isn't actually of the person making the profile.

Specifically men photoshopping real verification photos from women they've come accross on social media/image searches with the username of their (fake) account to get photo verified as a woman.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Women’s fake profiles are very easy to spot once they start messaging. In fact that goes for any fake profile.

It’s inevitable that some will slip through the net but there are filters to help and people should report any that they are suspicious about.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I suppose fake photo is a misnomer because the photos are real, but I mean a photo that isn't actually of the person making the profile.

Specifically men photoshopping real verification photos from women they've come accross on social media/image searches with the username of their (fake) account to get photo verified as a woman."

It can obviously happen,but the pic mods who do PV's are normally pretty good at spotting photo shopped pics.If they do miss anything it is normally picked up by the second check

Post new Message to Thread