Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to France

Schools

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Any one living in France with kids of learning age get to spend more time with them as of Monday as all places of learning are closed!!!

Not a fan of politics or politicians but gilf lover Macron came across ok in his speech tonight.

T

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rightonfranceMan
over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

Yep.. grand daughter is coming to stay, her mum is a nurse and on extra shifts now..

Think france may lock down sooner than the uk

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes, the UK appears to be taking a 'wait and see' approach. Possibly correct but we will never know.

My business meetings in the UK have been cancelled/postponed due to the virus.

Was supposed to fly to London today - guess I will play golf instead.

By *eachcplCouple
over a year ago

blackpool/preston/normandy france

I can understand the thought behind the decisions but how are parents going to be able to continue working and have kids at home for weeks on end. Not that it involves me at all as no kids but some people have to work. The shops will be full of coughing snuffling kids which I suppose is normal.

By *mmacdheelsTV/TS
over a year ago

Haverfordwest

Bit of a shame really, was looking forward to some empty ski slopes now that the mid term holidays had finished. Presume lots of the little buggers will now be back on the slopes causing the usual chaos.

By *rightonfranceMan
over a year ago

At least the roads will be quieter..

Wonder how many people aren't meeting now because of this

By *rcher_91Man
over a year ago

London / Central France

Soon or later France will be locked down. We are just hoping to avoid an Italian scenario

By *rightonfranceMan
over a year ago

Hopefully the lock down wont be too soon, but I think you're right, most of Europe will lock down sooner or later I suspect..

By *renchadventureCouple
over a year ago

France Bergerac

It's not just a extra holiday for them. We have been told that we will have to home school. Teachers will be uploading 4 to 5 hours of work on to the online school systems.

We both run our own businesses and our both having to cut hours to school/look after our 2 children. Looking at losing thousands!

We fully understand why this has been done it's for the best but by f@#k it's going to make things very hard for working parents.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"It's not just a extra holiday for them. We have been told that we will have to home school. Teachers will be uploading 4 to 5 hours of work on to the online school systems.

We both run our own businesses and our both having to cut hours to school/look after our 2 children. Looking at losing thousands!

We fully understand why this has been done it's for the best but by f@#k it's going to make things very hard for working parents."

Sorry to hear that you will suffer and I guess this is the first time we feel lucky to have our 21 yr old son at home bless him.

I know that thousands will have the Virus and not be diagnosed but looking at the map in La figaro (miss spelt??) department 36 is the only one without an official case so living in the middle of nowhere is an advantage sometimes.

Saw panic buying yesterday for the first time so good luck and stay safe every one!!!!!

T

Post new Message to Thread