Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Message Filters - Good n Bad

Jump to newest

By *kmale421 OP   Man
over a year ago

wirral

I fully understand the reasoning for having message filters, thus preventing messages being sent from unwanted groups whether that be age, sex or whatever, and I have myself deployed them too.

It is frustrating though when you see something you'd like to pass onto a couple as a message, but are prevented from doing so. An example is a couple from Ireland have looked at my profile, and as they only wish to deal with couples understandably haven't messaged, winked or added me as a friend. However when I glanced at their profile, they say they wish to know about parties and events at swinger clubs. By chance, I am aware of a large party taking place at a swinger club in May which they may have been interested in, not to attend with me, but simply to attend, but there appears to be no way to communicate this information to them. Maybe there could be a solution, like a tweet sized message that can only be used once, unless that receiptiant responds by perhaps saying accept "tweets" from this person, to pass useful information on, or am i simply being naive.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I fully understand the reasoning for having message filters, thus preventing messages being sent from unwanted groups whether that be age, sex or whatever, and I have myself deployed them too.

It is frustrating though when you see something you'd like to pass onto a couple as a message, but are prevented from doing so. An example is a couple from Ireland have looked at my profile, and as they only wish to deal with couples understandably haven't messaged, winked or added me as a friend. However when I glanced at their profile, they say they wish to know about parties and events at swinger clubs. By chance, I am aware of a large party taking place at a swinger club in May which they may have been interested in, not to attend with me, but simply to attend, but there appears to be no way to communicate this information to them. Maybe there could be a solution, like a tweet sized message that can only be used once, unless that receiptiant responds by perhaps saying accept "tweets" from this person, to pass useful information on, or am i simply being naive."

In this tale of two people, it's only frustrating for you. For the couple, things are working exactly as expected and since they have no idea what they're missing out on, it's not frustrating for them. If things were changed so you (and everyone else) could bypass their explicit requests (no single guys), things would probably be more frustrating for them?

Admin x

Admin x

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

"I fully understand the reasoning for having message filters, thus preventing messages being sent from unwanted groups whether that be age, sex or whatever, and I have myself deployed them too.

It is frustrating though when you see something you'd like to pass onto a couple as a message, but are prevented from doing so. An example is a couple from Ireland have looked at my profile, and as they only wish to deal with couples understandably haven't messaged, winked or added me as a friend. However when I glanced at their profile, they say they wish to know about parties and events at swinger clubs. By chance, I am aware of a large party taking place at a swinger club in May which they may have been interested in, not to attend with me, but simply to attend, but there appears to be no way to communicate this information to them. Maybe there could be a solution, like a tweet sized message that can only be used once, unless that receiptiant responds by perhaps saying accept "tweets" from this person, to pass useful information on, or am i simply being naive."

Some people dont appreciate being contacted by those they don't want to meet even if it is to give them some help

By *kmale421 OP   Man
over a year ago

wirral

It is frustrating though when you see something you'd like to pass onto a couple as a message, but are prevented from doing so. An example is a couple from Ireland have looked at my profile, and as they only wish to deal with couples understandably haven't messaged, winked or added me as a friend. However when I glanced at their profile, they say they wish to know about parties and events at swinger clubs. By chance, I am aware of a large party taking place at a swinger club in May which they may have been interested in, not to attend with me, but simply to attend, but there appears to be no way to communicate this information to them. Maybe there could be a solution, like a tweet sized message that can only be used once, unless that receiptiant responds by perhaps saying accept "tweets" from this person, to pass useful information on, or am i simply being naive.

In this tale of two people, it's only frustrating for you. For the couple, things are working exactly as expected and since they have no idea what they're missing out on, it's not frustrating for them. If things were changed so you (and everyone else) could bypass their explicit requests (no single guys), things would probably be more frustrating for them?

Admin x

Admin x"

Fair point admin, i guess what you don't know, you'll never miss and as I said in the OP, I understood the reasoning for the filter option.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

plus its a swingers club, they can click clubs at the top and find out where the nearest club is, and obviousily at clubs theirs a sex party every night of the week, thats the whole point of them lol

they arnt missing out on that much info really, so i wouldnt worry about it too much.

Post new Message to Thread