Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Filters not working?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I have my messages on quite strictly to reduce the amount of non sense messages I get yet I'm finding I'm getting alot of messages come through from people who are not what I'm looking for??? Is there a flaw with the filtering system that I'm missing?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Same here.

over a year ago

"I have my messages on quite strictly to reduce the amount of non sense messages I get yet I'm finding I'm getting alot of messages come through from people who are not what I'm looking for??? Is there a flaw with the filtering system that I'm missing?"

Hi OP, I’ve just looked at your profile and it doesn’t look like you’ve blocked any particular group from messaging you. That would explain why you’re still receiving these messages.

V x

By *adyBugsWoman
over a year ago

cognito

I’m experiencing the same, I’ve blocked users with no public pictures but I’m still getting messages from users that have no photos or friends only photos.

By *udewhennudeMan
over a year ago

newport

"I’m experiencing the same, I’ve blocked users with no public pictures but I’m still getting messages from users that have no photos or friends only photos. "

Maybe they show a photo, message you and then hide it again. Works on some sites not sure if it does on here.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"I’m experiencing the same, I’ve blocked users with no public pictures but I’m still getting messages from users that have no photos or friends only photos.

Maybe they show a photo, message you and then hide it again. Works on some sites not sure if it does on here."

It does

Also if someone's previously messaged you, then you change your filters, they can still message you

over a year ago

"I have my messages on quite strictly to reduce the amount of non sense messages I get yet I'm finding I'm getting alot of messages come through from people who are not what I'm looking for??? Is there a flaw with the filtering system that I'm missing?

Hi OP, I’ve just looked at your profile and it doesn’t look like you’ve blocked any particular group from messaging you. That would explain why you’re still receiving these messages.

V x"

You cant see my filters based on my profile because they're in my settings?

over a year ago

"I’m experiencing the same, I’ve blocked users with no public pictures but I’m still getting messages from users that have no photos or friends only photos. "

I get this and alot of men way older than me messaging as well despite age filters being on

over a year ago

"I have my messages on quite strictly to reduce the amount of non sense messages I get yet I'm finding I'm getting alot of messages come through from people who are not what I'm looking for??? Is there a flaw with the filtering system that I'm missing?

V x

You cant see my filters based on my profile because they're in my settings? "

Ahh yes of course. Sorry, my mistake. I forgot about the separate private settings filters, I was looking at your visible “looking for” on your profile.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Yep, this happens to me also. Annoying.

By *ister.mrMan
over a year ago

birmingham

Whats the private settings filter?

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"Whats the private settings filter?"

On your account, you have message filters. You can restrict by gender, age, users not having public photos, not being very new users etc. You can match your public preferences of who you are looking for to be the same as who you privately set as able to message you or you can have a broader group of people too.

over a year ago

My message filters seem to work but what does not work are some of the boxes I select when doing a search. Wastes my time or is awkward when clicking on unsuitable profiles as filters not working properly, wish this could be fixed.

over a year ago

I've just blocked all men! So much easier lmao

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Ours keep switching off lately so anyone can message, not sure why but a nuisance to keep having to put it back on

over a year ago

"Ours keep switching off lately so anyone can message, not sure why but a nuisance to keep having to put it back on "

Yes, admin it's a pain.

30 40 age range mine is

Had 30 and 55 last week admin

By *ntraditionalwomanWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

just delete .dont read. easy

Post new Message to Thread