Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Time Wasters/Pic Collectors

Jump to newest

By *olyphemus OP   Couple
over a year ago

Barnstaple

Too many timewasters/pic collectors on here. Admin should disable/block the save picture functions on all browsers when you use the right mouse button on the picture

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *entinthecityMan
over a year ago

london

There is alot of them on here makes it harder for the genuine ones to be found

Reply privately

By *entinthecityMan
over a year ago

london

Agree that fabs should make saving pics impossible with their security settings

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

https://www.fabswingers.com/articles/FAQ

Why don't you right-click protect our photos to stop others stealing / saving them?

We believe in being straighforward with the members of Fab. Right click protect doesn't work and gives a false sense of security by pretending to "protect" images. Other sites may pretend they've protected your images but actually they're being dishonest by claiming that.

Right click "protect" can be gotten around in under 2 seconds by any of the following methods:

Simplest: Goto File menu, Save As, and save to desktop = The photos will be in a folder on your desktop that your browser has created.

OR... Disable JavaScript by going to Tools menu, choose Internet Options, Click the Security tab, click Custom Level, scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list and click Disable. Right click can now be used to save images.

OR... Press print screen and the image + page will be copied to clipboard where it can be pasted into a graphics program for resize or save.

We give you three privacy options on your photos and we now hide images from anyone who isn't a member of Fab. If you are worried about someone stealing your photos you may want to set them to be viewable only by your friends, or private in which case you can send by private mail.

We also now watermark all photos upon upload.

Reply privately

By *arooned64Man
over a year ago

dudley

Just an observation not a criticism.. as a member of both fabswingers and fabguys why is it we don’t get the same services ie videos.. forum chats on fabguys.. after all it’s the same monthly charge... feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Too many timewasters/pic collectors on here. Admin should disable/block the save picture functions on all browsers when you use the right mouse button on the picture "

Sadly only so much the site can do, even if they could stop people saving them they will just screen shot instead

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Just an observation not a criticism.. as a member of both fabswingers and fabguys why is it we don’t get the same services ie videos.. forum chats on fabguys.. after all it’s the same monthly charge... feedback would be appreciated

Thanks "

Videos are still in beta stage so I am guessing they are trying out on one first. There is a forum over there

Reply privately

By *entinthecityMan
over a year ago

london

I dont believe they do enough because there are ways to prevent any screen shotting , image saving or downloading just there security is poor .

I work in IT so i know but i do agree they may not have the level of staff to deal with everything

Reply privately