Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Make this a pay site

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why not make this a pay site to get rid of all the time wasters pic collectors,and social media posters and morons who muck this site up for genuine people.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Because those types of people exist on pay sites too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Guess they do but i would pay if it meant I got an answer from someone lol.

Seriously I think it should be considered some of the parties i have attended where especially guys are paying £50 plus it gets rid of the wannabees.

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 21/10/19 13:30:41]

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It might get rid of the bored UB40 people but rich people can be cocks too

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Guess they do but i would pay if it meant I got an answer from someone lol.

Seriously I think it should be considered some of the parties i have attended where especially guys are paying £50 plus it gets rid of the wannabees. "

Paying won't guarantee an answer. Look for profiles with the symbol that indicates they're gold or silver members

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Guess they do but i would pay if it meant I got an answer from someone lol.

Seriously I think it should be considered some of the parties i have attended where especially guys are paying £50 plus it gets rid of the wannabees. "

So because you pay you expect answers to messages that you send that the recipient has not asked for or wanted in the first place. If you are paying £50 to attend a party then more fool you, I certainly wouldn't be doing that. Money being exchanged on fab is against the rules. However it's different if splitting the cost of a hotel room with someone, that's acceptable. I would suggest you check the faq section, one of the answers on there states no reply means no interest, it's not considered rude. Also remember that people will look at a profile first before deciding whether to message back.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do not expect anything because been around the block so understand how this site and others work,paying that little bit more means that it excludes the fantasists and you can meet genuine people thats doesn't make me rich by the way.

No reply means not interested very broad statement so explain why in the last month i have sent in excess of 200 messages very politely worded to new and existing members and have had no replies or views of my profile

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I do not expect anything because been around the block so understand how this site and others work,paying that little bit more means that it excludes the fantasists and you can meet genuine people thats doesn't make me rich by the way.

No reply means not interested very broad statement so explain why in the last month i have sent in excess of 200 messages very politely worded to new and existing members and have had no replies or views of my profile"

That would be because they aren't interested in communicating or meeting with you. Why would they respond in those scenarios? It's not a very broad statement at all, it's a very simple one. Look up similar no reply threads already on the forum, the reasons why people don't reply are perfectly clear. You would know these things already if you understand how the site works.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh i understand how this site works been here for sometime so the 200 odd people didn't read my profile or reply to message odds of that ?

The threads which I have read tend to be swamped with messages from guys friends requests not reading profiles etc etc ,this is borne out on peoples profiles which state they will block messages etc or complain about what they receive.

The point i was opening up for discussion by making this a pay site would it get rid of the mass copied and pasted messages sent randomly by chancer`s on a percentage game and give the Genuine people on here a chance to actually converse with like minded people.

Reply privately

By *nglishdoodMan
over a year ago

Morristown

It would make no difference.

You keep saying here and in other posts you know how the site works, but after a year do you not realise people can view your profile in 'stealth' mode? You'd never know they'd looked if they have it turned on.

If you've sent 200+ messages with no reply or profile views, you have to know that you're the common denominator here and you should probably take a look at improving your message content.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Hi thanks for the advice yes I am aware you can look at profiles in stealth mode .

so its my fault the message was crap!

Reply privately

By *0FrankMan
over a year ago

The South!

"Oh i understand how this site works been here for sometime so the 200 odd people didn't read my profile or reply to message odds of that ?

The threads which I have read tend to be swamped with messages from guys friends requests not reading profiles etc etc ,this is borne out on peoples profiles which state they will block messages etc or complain about what they receive.

The point i was opening up for discussion by making this a pay site would it get rid of the mass copied and pasted messages sent randomly by chancer`s on a percentage game and give the Genuine people on here a chance to actually converse with like minded people.

"

Women are massively outnumbered here... i write personalised messages to people, referring to profile sections that interest me, I always send face pics, but have the same issues.

You'll either get someone's attention or you won't. Don't take it personally. Everyone is different and has different needs. I've been on here a while... and on other pay sites. There's no instant answer, but I tend to find it easier to filter out some of the time wasters and takes on here than on other sites.

Reply privately

By *nglishdoodMan
over a year ago

Morristown

"so it's my fault the message was crap!"

Whatever you're writing has, by your own admission, a 100% failure rate. I'm not sure what other conclusion you could draw from that little statistic.

Reply privately

over a year ago

OP I can't name other websites on here but I use to be on another site a few years ago where it was free for women to join but men had to pay anything from 15 to 20 quid a month and they still faced the same problems about women not replying to them and how hard it was for them to get a meet.

On the site in question although it was a paying site for men it didn't make it any easier for them as the men still outnumbered the women

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe you could enlighten me I can handle the rejection the point i was making wasn't personnel just an observation with the number of post complaining of messages etc reducing the number of said to say Guys oh here who play the percentage game might just make it better for all

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OP I can't name other websites on here but I use to be on another site a few years ago where it was free for women to join but men had to pay anything from 15 to 20 quid a month and they still faced the same problems about women not replying to them and how hard it was for them to get a meet.

On the site in question although it was a paying site for men it didn't make it any easier for them as the men still outnumbered the women"

Ok thanks for feedback i would suggest hat 15 -20 quid isn't going to stop them its peanuts.

However £100 plus might?

Reply privately

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"Maybe you could enlighten me I can handle the rejection the point i was making wasn't personnel just an observation with the number of post complaining of messages etc reducing the number of said to say Guys oh here who play the percentage game might just make it better for all

"

I thought you said you’ve been here ages and understand how it all works?

You clearly don’t.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OP I can't name other websites on here but I use to be on another site a few years ago where it was free for women to join but men had to pay anything from 15 to 20 quid a month and they still faced the same problems about women not replying to them and how hard it was for them to get a meet.

On the site in question although it was a paying site for men it didn't make it any easier for them as the men still outnumbered the women

Ok thanks for feedback i would suggest hat 15 -20 quid isn't going to stop them its peanuts.

However £100 plus might?"

Would you pay 100 quid a month to be on a sex/swinging site? Cheaper to get a brass lol

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Say goodbye to all the single women then.

Reply privately

By *nglishdoodMan
over a year ago

Morristown

"

Say goodbye to all the single women then. "

That'd be a relief. No more bloody single women jamming my inbox with 'wanna shag?' messages and pictures of their foofs.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe you could enlighten me I can handle the rejection the point i was making wasn't personnel just an observation with the number of post complaining of messages etc reducing the number of said to say Guys oh here who play the percentage game might just make it better for all

You clearly don’t."

I do just as a comment your profile and way it is worded suggest you have been receiving lots of messages where your profile wasn`t read.

Hence the suggestion

Reply privately

By *adame 2SwordsWoman
over a year ago

Victoria, London

Like any marketing, if you sent 200 messages with a disappointing uptake, then you need to change your message

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Like any marketing, if you sent 200 messages with a disappointing uptake, then you need to change your message"

Exactly but what of the odds of 200 messages and no profile looks ( might have been stealth mode) and no read notifications just deleted

Is it the curse of too many messages swamping inboxes by Copy and paste brigade.

Again hence my suggestion

Reply privately

over a year ago

OP you have 1 pic on your profile which is from 2014?

I know you probably have more up to date ones you send privately but maybe update a pic on your public gallery?

If I look at a profile and there's only 1 pic that's a few years old I instantly think there's no effort.

That's my opinion anyway. Not criticism just a bit of constructive advice

Reply privately

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

You clearly don’t.

I do just as a comment your profile and way it is worded suggest you have been receiving lots of messages where your profile wasn`t read.

Hence the suggestion"

The vast majority of the 2-3 messages I get a day are from men who don’t read profiles, very few do. How would them paying change that?

People look at profiles in stealth mode so it won’t show on ‘who’s looked at me’ which explains your whinge of nobody looking at yours. Mind you, there’s nothing to see on yours anyway.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OP you have 1 pic on your profile which is from 2014?

I know you probably have more up to date ones you send privately but maybe update a pic on your public gallery?

If I look at a profile and there's only 1 pic that's a few years old I instantly think there's no effort.

That's my opinion anyway. Not criticism just a bit of constructive advice "

Thanks for that point taken and thank you for looking at my profile

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OP you have 1 pic on your profile which is from 2014?

That's my opinion anyway. Not criticism just a bit of constructive advice

Thanks for that point taken and thank you for looking at my profile"

You're welcome

Reply privately

over a year ago

You clearly don’t.

Hence the suggestion

The vast majority of the 2-3 messages I get a day are from men who don’t read profiles, very few do. How would them paying change that?

People look at profiles in stealth mode so it won’t show on ‘who’s looked at me’ which explains your whinge of nobody looking at yours. Mind you, there’s nothing to see on yours anyway."

Ouch thanks for the comment yours was very clear.

i guess the suggestion was to make it a pay site to try to out those 2-3 messages that you and others receive allowing more genuine members to converse.

see can take rejection

Reply privately

over a year ago

I absolutely agree and would be prepared to pay a fair amount, even monthly, to out the timewasters. Quality over quantity would be a great relief!

Reply privately

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

If it was £100 a month to join, would you?

Bearing in mind you current success rate?

Bearing in mind your success rate won't change?

Daft idea of the day award winner......

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

However £100 plus might?

Daft idea of the day award winner......"

I'd leave for definate. That's half a weeks wages lol. I doubt that single parents male or female could afford £25 a week. That would be money that could be spent on actually going out to meet someone, instead they would be stuck indoors behind a keyboard. Makes no sense at all OP.

Reply privately

over a year ago

However £100 plus might?

Daft idea of the day award winner......"

The £100 was a suggestion whether it be monthly yearly was just a figure the point i was making back up by post in forums re number of messages and members putting on their profiles to avoid these messages and their frustration at the number.

The suggestion was to maybe reduce the extreme number of alas single guys on here that flood the site allowing for the genuine to converse.

My success rate is irrelevant its about quality over quantity

Reply privately

over a year ago

However £100 plus might?

I'd leave for definate. That's half a weeks wages lol. I doubt that single parents male or female could afford £25 a week. That would be money that could be spent on actually going out to meet someone, instead they would be stuck indoors behind a keyboard. Makes no sense at all OP. "

The suggestion of pay for site is what it is a suggestion its for others to decide the cost.

Many clubs are charging single guys far more that couples or females maybe for the reasons already stated no reason this site couldn't do the same

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

However £100 plus might?

The £100 was a suggestion whether it be monthly yearly was just a figure the point i was making back up by post in forums re number of messages and members putting on their profiles to avoid these messages and their frustration at the number.

The suggestion was to maybe reduce the extreme number of alas single guys on here that flood the site allowing for the genuine to converse.

My success rate is irrelevant its about quality over quantity "

You'd lose a lot of single women, thus making the site man heavy still.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

We don't respond to messages from silhouettes, that may be one of the reasons.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I do not expect anything because been around the block so understand how this site and others work,paying that little bit more means that it excludes the fantasists and you can meet genuine people thats doesn't make me rich by the way.

No reply means not interested very broad statement so explain why in the last month i have sent in excess of 200 messages very politely worded to new and existing members and have had no replies or views of my profile"

I’m not really seeing a connection between your apparent failure to connect with people and everyone paying a membership fee of one description or another.

Restricting the amount of people on here won’t make your message more appealing. Having cash to throw around doesn’t mean people are any less moronic.

There are plenty of guys, myself included who do make the site work. Yes, it’s hard work as the ratio of men/women is pretty ridiculous but it is doable.

It took me a while before I figured out my errors in the early days but I didn’t take anything personal. Take any feedback in the manner it’s offered and work with it would be my advice.

Reply privately

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

No reply means not interested very broad statement so explain why in the last month i have sent in excess of 200 messages very politely worded to new and existing members and have had no replies or views of my profile

I’m not really seeing a connection between your apparent failure to connect with people and everyone paying a membership fee of one description or another.

Restricting the amount of people on here won’t make your message more appealing. Having cash to throw around doesn’t mean people are any less moronic.

There are plenty of guys, myself included who do make the site work. Yes, it’s hard work as the ratio of men/women is pretty ridiculous but it is doable.

It took me a while before I figured out my errors in the early days but I didn’t take anything personal. Take any feedback in the manner it’s offered and work with it would be my advice. "

Reply privately

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

However £100 plus might?

I'd leave for definate. That's half a weeks wages lol. I doubt that single parents male or female could afford £25 a week. That would be money that could be spent on actually going out to meet someone, instead they would be stuck indoors behind a keyboard. Makes no sense at all OP.

The suggestion of pay for site is what it is a suggestion its for others to decide the cost.

Many clubs are charging single guys far more that couples or females maybe for the reasons already stated no reason this site couldn't do the same"

As loads of people will tell you, and have done so on this thread, success has nothing to do with a monetary value.

A profile pic that draws people in, a biog that holds their attention, tells what you see and importantly what you offer, teamed up with an appropriately worded message are the main weapons in your armoury.

Without them, your safety is on and you've no ammo anyway.

Upping the cost could make people leave in droves, then there's no site at all.

It's been working like this for God knows how many years for God knows how many people.

I love the way the unsuccessful want to change the site, as if their lack of success is due to Fab.

Reply privately

over a year ago

However £100 plus might?

Many clubs are charging single guys far more that couples or females maybe for the reasons already stated no reason this site couldn't do the same

As loads of people will tell you, and have done so on this thread, success has nothing to do with a monetary value.

A profile pic that draws people in, a biog that holds their attention, tells what you see and importantly what you offer, teamed up with an appropriately worded message are the main weapons in your armoury.

Without them, your safety is on and you've no ammo anyway.

Upping the cost could make people leave in droves, then there's no site at all.

It's been working like this for God knows how many years for God knows how many people.

I love the way the unsuccessful want to change the site, as if their lack of success is due to Fab. "

Reply privately

By *anmyraWoman
over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

Say goodbye to all the single women then.

That'd be a relief. No more bloody single women jamming my inbox with 'wanna shag?' messages and pictures of their foofs. "

That made me laugh! You're only the second person I've "met" who uses the word "Foof" I'm sure there are millions who do but it's a word that always makes me giggle like a schoolgirl when my friend says it!

Reply privately