Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Read and Deleted OR just Deleted

Jump to newest

By *outhEastPaul OP   Man
over a year ago

Thames Ditton surrey

Probably get shot down but as a guy messaging Ladies and Couples with properly constructed individual messages it would be useful to know if a message was read before it was deleted or if it just got caught up in a mass delete

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *BWandhusbandCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"Probably get shot down but as a guy messaging Ladies and Couples with properly constructed individual messages it would be useful to know if a message was read before it was deleted or if it just got caught up in a mass delete "

What would you gain from the information?

Would it be that you would message them again if it was part of a mass delete?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Probably get shot down but as a guy messaging Ladies and Couples with properly constructed individual messages it would be useful to know if a message was read before it was deleted or if it just got caught up in a mass delete "

If you’re a site supporter you can see when message have been read and/or deleted

By *BWandhusbandCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

"Probably get shot down but as a guy messaging Ladies and Couples with properly constructed individual messages it would be useful to know if a message was read before it was deleted or if it just got caught up in a mass delete

If you’re a site supporter you can see when message have been read and/or deleted"

If a message shows as deleted, you have no idea if it was read first and that's what he wants to know.

If it's read and not deleted then that's fine, but he's not asking that.

over a year ago

Thames Ditton surrey

"Probably get shot down but as a guy messaging Ladies and Couples with properly constructed individual messages it would be useful to know if a message was read before it was deleted or if it just got caught up in a mass delete

Would it be that you would message them again if it was part of a mass delete?"

As I only message people where I think I may meet their profile requirements then yes if I knew it hadn’t been read but had just been part of a mass delete as I do appreciate Ladies and Couples do get inundated with mail

over a year ago

If you’re a site supporter you can see when message have been read and/or deleted

If a message shows as deleted, you have no idea if it was read first and that's what he wants to know.

If it's read and not deleted then that's fine, but he's not asking that."

It will still show as read AND deleted if that is what has happened. We are site supported so we have seen this

over a year ago

Thames Ditton surrey

It will still show as read AND deleted if that is what has happened. We are site supported so we have seen this "

Ok thanks for that input - It would certainly help to know as I don’t want to be re messaging people who had read and then deleted original message

By *BWandhusbandCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

It will still show as read AND deleted if that is what has happened. We are site supported so we have seen this "

As are we.

So if a message isn't read before it's deleted, what does it say in the sent box? I'm curious as our messages are all read before anyone deletes.

Ours say read, replied or deleted against them. I've never seen unread but deleted before...is that a thing?

over a year ago

It will still show as read AND deleted if that is what has happened. We are site supported so we have seen this

As are we.

So if a message isn't read before it's deleted, what does it say in the sent box? I'm curious as our messages are all read before anyone deletes.

Ours say read, replied or deleted against them. I've never seen unread but deleted before...is that a thing?"

It still stays highlighted yellow and just has the ‘deleted’ message next to it.

By *BWandhusbandCouple
over a year ago

Midlands

As are we.

Ours say read, replied or deleted against them. I've never seen unread but deleted before...is that a thing?

It still stays highlighted yellow and just has the ‘deleted’ message next to it."

Ahhh, I've never seen that.

Thank you.

over a year ago

Well aren’t you lucky haha

No problem

over a year ago

Thames Ditton surrey

As are we.

It still stays highlighted yellow and just has the ‘deleted’ message next to it.

Ahhh, I've never seen that.

Thank you."

Nor have I Or is just a site supporter benefit

over a year ago

Yes just site supporters OP

over a year ago

Thames Ditton surrey

"Yes just site supporters OP"

Thanks

over a year ago

It's why I never send a first message anymore. If they're interested after I've looked or fabbed a pic or winked then hopefully they acknowledge it. If they don't then quickly move on.

By *eroLondonMan
over a year ago

Mayfair

"It's why I never send a first message anymore. If they're interested after I've looked or fabbed a pic or winked then hopefully they acknowledge it. If they don't then quickly move on."

°

From your profile you've said "Short replies without leading conversational questions won't cut it with me. It's a two way interest at the end of the day."

°

Completely agree. You couldn't have put that any better. Monosyllabic responses are my bugbear. If you don't want to chat just don't reply.

over a year ago

"It's why I never send a first message anymore. If they're interested after I've looked or fabbed a pic or winked then hopefully they acknowledge it. If they don't then quickly move on.

°

From your profile you've said "Short replies without leading conversational questions won't cut it with me. It's a two way interest at the end of the day."

°

Completely agree. You couldn't have put that any better. Monosyllabic responses are my bugbear. If you don't want to chat just don't reply. "

I don't send first message anymore because 90% just delete, so better start with someone who may be different from the majority and take initiative without expecting it all to be served up to them. It seems to work.

By *rimson_RoseWoman
over a year ago

Lea Marston

I delete messages all the time without reading but never as part of a mass delete. You’d never know if it was a single or a mass delete - they might not have liked your profile, might have rolled their eyes at the first few words you can see.

If it’s deleted, it’s deleted. They’re not interested!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Treat every sent but unreplied to message as an avenue you explored that's not going anywhere, whether read, unread etc. Once you have sent them, focus your attention and energy on the next profile to contact.

In the ideal world, you'd get glorious feedback on every contact you have made. It's not happening here atm.

over a year ago

If you are site support you can put wee notes on a profile to remind yourself if you have messaged that person/persons before it's very handy

over a year ago

True, nothing to gain other than confrontation ?? lol, get real and try not to play a game ??

Would it be that you would message them again if it was part of a mass delete?"

over a year ago

Anyone can see anyone's location without even opening a new message. So if I see someone is miles from me, it's obvious they haven't read my profile and respected what I'm looking for. So therefore, I delete without even reading. After all, if respect is wanted, then it has to be given first.

over a year ago

It used to be possible years ago on here and its been removed. I guess it caused too much abuse for just deleting unread so admin decided to remove it.

By *tephTV67TV/TS
over a year ago

Cheshire

You can see the first part of a message so for example

'you meeting now xx' all of this message can be seen. So yes you could mass delete these messages.

By *rs Pony n Mr PeachyCouple
over a year ago

Widnes

Hi

There is a feature that allows you to "mark as unread" which means you can open the message, so the box goes white, read the message then click on he mark as unread button and it will go back go yellow and and show as normal unread messages are

Post new Message to Thread