Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

We should be able to chose areas

Jump to newest

By *londeOnBlack OP   Man
over a year ago

Manchester

He Fab website data programmers can you add an option where we can chose where our swinger feeds come from for us who don't want to play in our own areas for discretion reasons. Too many leads come from our local areas & we would rather play in other towns & cities for better anonymity. This would help us professionals to not accident bump into our past sexual encounters while at work

Can we make this option available?

It would help many people on here looking for better discretion.

Blonde x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just change your postcode to somewhere else, no?

over a year ago

Manchester

This only works a few times then you can change it anymore.

It should be an option if you don't want to play in the city where you live for reasons of privacy.

over a year ago

Manchester

Also....

Can someone tell the admin of this site to make the "you contacted them / they contacted you" icons into clickable links to open historical conversations!!!

Which will save on the awkwardness of having to jump around menus to work out when & what was said.

Come on admins sort it out!

By *anhung22Man
over a year ago

Birmingham

??

By *irtySexyDawgsCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge & Welwyn NOT the east midlands!!!

We luv FAB!

Would help if you could sort/filter ALL search/online/viewed/messages/winked etc by some simple filters...

Distance, sex, orientation, height, body type, non-smokers etc.

Having to trawl through numerous profiles is a massive drag. Sorry to moan.

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"We luv FAB!

Would help if you could sort/filter ALL search/online/viewed/messages/winked etc by some simple filters...

Having to trawl through numerous profiles is a massive drag. Sorry to moan. "

Having started in the lifestyle when our only option to contact others were contact magazines and a reply could take many weeks to arrive, I learned patience.

When you have things as easy as they are today you don't appreciate the achievement of arranging a meet as much because basically you have put in the minimum of effort.

It would seem you would like to do less!

By *irtySexyDawgsCouple
over a year ago

Cambridge & Welwyn NOT the east midlands!!!

"We luv FAB!

Having to trawl through numerous profiles is a massive drag. Sorry to moan.

Having started in the lifestyle when our only option to contact others were contact magazines and a reply could take many weeks to arrive, I learned patience.

When you have things as easy as they are today you don't appreciate the achievement of arranging a meet as much because basically you have put in the minimum of effort.

It would seem you would like to do less! "

I'm a lil lost as to your point tbh, which mostly seems to support my point, but, to be clear YES...what sane person doesn't want todo less to achieve their goal?!

Im pretty sure that few on fab want to spend more time online than they do actually having sex with sexy fabbers...dont you think?!

By *ccasionalcpl101Couple
over a year ago

The Garden of Eden

Some great suggestions in this tread which would be great to see

By *plpxp2Couple
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"This only works a few times then you can change it anymore.

It should be an option if you don't want to play in the city where you live for reasons of privacy. "

We regularly update our location when we are travelling or visiting clubs, not come across anything stopping this .

By *azonfabTV/TS
over a year ago

glasgow

You could always add people to your hotlist, then you'll be able to see their updates

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"He Fab website data programmers can you add an option where we can chose where our swinger feeds come from for us who don't want to play in our own areas for discretion reasons. Too many leads come from our local areas & we would rather play in other towns & cities for better anonymity. This would help us professionals to not accident bump into our past sexual encounters while at work

Can we make this option available?

It would help many people on here looking for better discretion.

Blonde x"

It is a free site remember, I am sure some of the pay per view ones would add this option for you at an extra cost

By *onic2Man
over a year ago

Bromley

What I would mention here is..

when you're creating and developing software you don't want to double up on the same features as you're paying development costs twice for the same thing.

( it's not as simple as taking the same bit of code copying it and sticking in somewhere else it doesn't work like that)

If we assume that you know what the area is that you're going to go to or looking to target using the advanced or even the basic search there is already the ability for you to the search for members in a certain postcode which will then show their statuses this in effect is the same as being able to adjust your local updates to a given area.

What what I have found completely pointless is the new feature where you can see everybody's updates but they are not filtered/sorted in any way shape or form... in my opinion rendering this feature completely useless as... why would I have an interest in a status update from a profile in Scotland if I live in Reading.

The only way to address this would be to either have a filter dropdown for the predetermined targeted areas ( this is probably one of the biggest bones of contention of the usability of the site because for example the site's predetermined area of "southeast" includes everywhere from Dover going over to Reading... which any logical person can see is ludicrous to expect user profiles to be able to travel such an enormous distance for a meeting)

So our next logical conclusion is to have a search facility for user profile status to be shown for a given radius around a certain postcode... Which kind of exists.... and this brings us Full Circle back to round the original problem posed by the OP.

By *hav02Man
over a year ago

Glasgow/London

"This only works a few times then you can change it anymore.

It should be an option if you don't want to play in the city where you live for reasons of privacy. "

I change my postcode all the time, depending on where i am.. It's not limited.

Post new Message to Thread