Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Site improvements.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Been on this site for around two years now and really feel we should have more freedom to decide who looks at our profile.

For example:

*filters for certain categories not able to view my profile(age/men/women... etc).

*New profiles MUST be verified before they can view other profiles.

*Filters available to stop people viewing/messaging if they have no photos/no verifications/new profile.

*Vetting process for new profiles to prove they are real.

*Ability to stop people having multiple profiles from the same IP address.

If I'm paying for a service I really feel I should have much more control over who can see.

I spend so much of my day blocking people and they are the ones I CAN see viewing me...

There should be a way to be able to better manage our own profile so we can get what we need, not just a free for all for picture collectors and people we will not ever meet.

Is this just me or does anyone else feel like we should be able to filter much more and those filtered out will not be able to view?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Paying to be a Site Supporter is not mandatory - though it does provide for additional tools. The 'See who's viewed Me' is not worth it, if you are paranoid about who sees your profile. You could use the 'Hide profile' facility.

The Message Filters sort out most of the 'unwanted' communications.

You can always use the delete button on mail - and the Block button for anyone you're not interested in communicating with.

If you feel a profile is not kosher, you can always use the Report facility - to enable Admin to check them out. With thousands of new sign-ups daily, there's a mountain of verifications happening all the time.

IP addressed are not static in the way they used to be - with mobile access and dynamic web services - the IP changes everytime you connect to the web.

You have full control over who sees your pictures - that's what the 'private' and 'friends only' settings are for.

Expecting anything more from a free-to-join/use website is overly demanding on an Owner/Admin who does this for the good of the members/scene.

over a year ago

You don't have to pay for anything - that's your choice.

Quit trying to over complicate things and get over yourself.

over a year ago

The exact kind of profile I don't want viewing my profile!!

I should be able to have control over who views me. For example: if I want to meet ONLY couples between a cerian age, that's exactly the ONLY people who should be viewing me, unless otherwise stated. But thanks for your constructive comments

over a year ago

All I'm asking is that if I only want meet for example couples between a certain age then that's the only people who should be allowed to view me, because why else would anyone want to??

That's not demanding, that's just asking for a few more filters to be added, to be used IF the person so desires.

I don't want to hide my profile as I want to meet people, but only the type of people I want to meet. If I don't want to meet men why should they still be able to view me?!

By *mber DextrousWoman
over a year ago

Devon

New profiles must be verified before being able to view other profiles? Huh? So how do they get verified if they can't find people to meet? I place no value on picture verification or cam veris so if they are what you're thinking I don't see how that improves anything.

I really don't see the problem with people looking at my profile. You have a Friend section for pics, if you don't want all and sundry to see it stick it in there. I don't put anything on my profile I don't want generally available and it works fine for me.

over a year ago

I just don't see the point of people looking at my profile if it's not who we want to meet. I have no issue with my photos or anything on my profile, just wish I could manage who see's my profile in terms of my preference.

And I think there are many people who would enjoy these settings, after all it is just a few settings-tick boxes and the like.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I think it's a reasonable and potentially useful feature that would be optional. It sounds largely sensible to limit who's viewing your profile to just be the types of people that you would be interested in. It could also limit site costs too, as it would reduce the amount of views that profiles and images get.

If users searched for others, the results could summarize total number of matched and unmatched profile, just listing those with a reciprocal match.

over a year ago

What harm is looking?

over a year ago

Thankyou for this most sensible reply! It up to others how they conduct their profile, but I would love just a few more filters. X

over a year ago

That personally I would prefer people I don't want to meet not to look. As well as a ton of made up fake accounts that I spend all day blocking.

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"All I'm asking is that if I only want meet for example couples between a certain age then that's the only people who should be allowed to view me, because why else would anyone want to??

That's not demanding, that's just asking for a few more filters to be added, to be used IF the person so desires.

I don't want to hide my profile as I want to meet people, but only the type of people I want to meet. If I don't want to meet men why should they still be able to view me?!"

Me? If you are really a couple surely that would be us?

over a year ago

I always say newbies cant send messages or post in forums unless they get photo verified and a 7 day wait.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I always say newbies cant send messages or post in forums unless they get photo verified and a 7 day wait."

Are you saying this should happen or that it does

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"I just don't see the point of people looking at my profile if it's not who we want to meet. I have no issue with my photos or anything on my profile, just wish I could manage who see's my profile in terms of my preference.

And I think there are many people who would enjoy these settings, after all it is just a few settings-tick boxes and the like. "

Most of your demands could be fixed by simply setting your filters.

What difference does it make that people who view your profile are outside of your preferences? Your filters will stop them contacting you.....

over a year ago

That seems like a bad idea, I would've moved on if that was the case.

Photo verification as a requirement I think is good.

7 day wait, what purpose does that serve?

over a year ago

This made me laugh haha, I bet he visited your profile after too. I would've haha but I'm a terrible person lol

over a year ago

But what is the problem or harm done, if someone looks at your profile, especially if no contact is made by them or you to eachother, just don't look at theirs and ignore the fact that somebody viewed your profile..job done

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I don't see it as an all or nothing - a greater selection of things that we could individually - if we chose optionally to - filter those messaging or viewing us, could be great. It might also prevent some of the stalking type behavior that some users impose on others. Massaging filter restrictions already exist but the newer option here is for viewing restriction filtering, that users could customize, if they wanted to. I think the take up would be higher than this thread suggests, if when people were setting their massaging filters, they also saw that they could limit some of those who may view them too.

The op has suggested some ways that they would filter viewers but those specific options needn't be the actual or only ones the site could offer.

over a year ago

Photo verification good idea

Unable to send a message or post in forums for a certain amount of days

New member can only edit profile and add pics until a time they can use full site. Maybe 24-48 hours

over a year ago

Perfectly said. The option to filter the people viewing my profile is all I ask. What's the point of someone looking who we don't or will not ever meet? X

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

Unable to post in forums for a certain amount of days

"

You can't now

over a year ago

Why the wait though?

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

To stop people posting for 7 days

Not sure to be honest but guessing it stops spammers if people have to be verified and wait a week before you can post

over a year ago

Yeah might be good thinking about it. I keep seeing these Snapchat premium girls popping up on here, they've infiltrated everything haha

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Don't forget to report so they can be chucked off

Post new Message to Thread