Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Forum Blocked Members

Jump to newest

By *erby Dom OP   Couple
over a year ago

Ashbourne(ish) and Chesterfield(ish)

If you have someone on your blocked list, is there any way to have their posts in the forums not shown?

Just asking for a friend

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No - this has been answered before.

The context of threads would be disrupted if some posts were not visible.

By *erby Dom OP   Couple
over a year ago

They would only be disrupted for the person who had blocked an individual.

By *erby Dom OP   Couple
over a year ago

"No - this has been answered before.

The context of threads would be disrupted if some posts were not visible."

Sorry, forgot to say, thanks for the answer.

over a year ago

No, a missing post would also not be visible to other readers.

"They would only be disrupted for the person who had blocked an individual."

By *erby Dom OP   Couple
over a year ago

My original message was asking if there was any way for someone who has a fab member on their blocked list to have that fab members posts on the forums hidden.

Sort of like a filter. It wouldn't affect other peoples thread visibility. It works well on most forums but this one is a custom one so I guess it is too problematic a feature to have.

over a year ago

Works for FB so I've often wondered why not FAB. I think here that feature is needed the most.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"No, a missing post would also not be visible to other readers.

"

How would that work?

By *erby Dom OP   Couple
over a year ago

"How would that work?"
Simple, it isn't missing it is just filtered out from being shown to the person who has the writer on their blocked list. This site is just one big database and everything shown is retrieved from the database using queries.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I know how that bit would work...but I was asking how the posts would not be visible for other users too

You said

"They would only be disrupted for the person who had blocked an individual."

The person answered with ""No, a missing post would also not be visible to other readers."

By *erby Dom OP   Couple
over a year ago

Apologies, I got the wrong end of the stick there.

over a year ago

A previous thread where this question had been asked, the Admin said it would cause problems this way - Dunno - about three-ish years ago??

"The person answered with ""No, a missing post would also not be visible to other readers.""

over a year ago

"Works for FB so I've often wondered why not FAB. I think here that feature is needed the most."

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Why though? Blocking them on here means you don't want to converse with them in private mail and you don't want them seeing your profile.

Posting on the forums about the same topic is just like standing in a room with them and hearing them talk. You don't have to engage with them.

As long as they aren't using the forums to get round your block can you not just be an adult and ignore them?

By *erby Dom OP   Couple
over a year ago

"be an adult and ignore them? "
Nice.

For us blocking someone means exactly that we don't want anything to do with them. The block feature just seems like a solution that has only been half implemented on here. Other sites have better solutions, my original post was asking if there was some way of doing that, like maybe a setting that we hadn't set.

It isn't about being an adult it was just a question about a feature that seems to be lacking on here.

over a year ago

"If you have someone on your blocked list, is there any way to have their posts in the forums not shown?

Just asking for a friend"

nope and some people you've blocked or have blocked you quote and interact in the forum, I've never read forum rules I mean who would but I imagine that is taboo

By *erby Dom OP   Couple
over a year ago

Yes, it's a bit of a weird situation but I guess it is what it is.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"A previous thread where this question had been asked, the Admin said it would cause problems this way - Dunno - about three-ish years ago??

The person answered with ""No, a missing post would also not be visible to other readers.""

I can't imagine a mod answering with that as if it was implemented the only people not seeing a post would be the people blocking each other

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"If you have someone on your blocked list, is there any way to have their posts in the forums not shown?

Just asking for a friendnope and some people you've blocked or have blocked you quote and interact in the forum, I've never read forum rules I mean who would but I imagine that is taboo "

It isn't against rules to answer someone in the forum who you have blocked or they have blocked you. Most people wouldn't know who had blocked them unless they look at their profile.

It is against rules to ask someone to unblock you/ ask why they have blocked you etc or make a nuisance of yourself if someone has asked you not to ignore them

over a year ago

"

Most people wouldn't know who had blocked them unless they look at their profile.

"

This is why the block list needs a search function.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Or you could look at a profile and check that way

over a year ago

"Or you could look at a profile and check that way"

Yes, but when it says "You have specifically blocked them", and you haven't, and scrolling through your list doesn't show them, it's frustrating, because you can't risk breaking the rules in the forum to speak to them. If the list was searchable, and they didn't show up, it would suggest it was a site issue, not a genuine block.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

There is not a site issue, you are either blocked from the person or they blocked you or there is an Admin block between you.

From my post above.

"It isn't against rules to answer someone in the forum who you have blocked or they have blocked you. Most people wouldn't know who had blocked them unless they look at their profile.

It is against rules to ask someone to unblock you/ ask why they have blocked you etc or make a nuisance of yourself if someone has asked you not to ignore them"

over a year ago

"There is not a site issue, you are either blocked from the person or they blocked you or there is an Admin block between you.

From my post above.

"It isn't against rules to answer someone in the forum who you have blocked or they have blocked you. Most people wouldn't know who had blocked them unless they look at their profile.

It is against rules to ask someone to unblock you/ ask why they have blocked you etc or make a nuisance of yourself if someone has asked you not to ignore them""

That doesn't really answer my point, and I got a 48hr timeout a few weeks back because someone told me I had blocked them, and they aren't on my list! I didn't try any funny stuff, and still had to sit it out.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

It did

It is against rules to ask someone to unblock you/ ask why they have blocked you etc as explained on the previous two posts

If you want to query a ban you can do that from the contact button as it is against forum rules to do it on the forum

over a year ago

"It did

It is against rules to ask someone to unblock you/ ask why they have blocked you etc as explained on the previous two posts

If you want to query a ban you can do that from the contact button as it is against forum rules to do it on the forum"

I didn't ask anyone to unblock me. I didn't know about the block until the other person told me. I said and did nothing, got a timeout, which could have been avoided if there was a search function on the block list.

By *HaRiFMan
over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

"It did

If you want to query a ban you can do that from the contact button as it is against forum rules to do it on the forum

I didn't ask anyone to unblock me. I didn't know about the block until the other person told me. I said and did nothing, got a timeout, which could have been avoided if there was a search function on the block list. "

Surly clicking on their profile would tell you.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

I said and did nothing "

You did post about the block.

As advised go to Admin rather than dispute it on here

over a year ago

"

I said and did nothing

You did post about the block.

As advised go to Admin rather than dispute it on here "

I have.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Ok back to the OP please

over a year ago

I get the keeping posts fixable so the thread flows... could there be something on a post to tell you that you are blocked from each other, I know you can click on the profile and see. But some threads are long, I'm not sure people would go searching .... if there was a symbol telling you that a block is in place on the post it would help user to avoid interacting with that user. No idea how it could be done though ...

over a year ago

Fixable should have been visable... bloody auto carrot strikes again !!

Post new Message to Thread