Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Blocking

Jump to newest

By *ouplefunuk OP   Couple
over a year ago

North Bristol

Can I suggest that when you block a member, it means you also cannot see their posts?

In the absence of anything being done when a member is reported (as admin deem fit) this could avoid further antagonism.

It would also be a nice option to be able to block certain threads if it were possible?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Why not just ignore them?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

well that wouldnt work, if anyone contacts u about a block reort id say...blocking forum posts wouldnt work would it....ud never get the jist of a conversation/debate/fun/shite would ya? lol

By *ouplefunuk OP   Couple
over a year ago

North Bristol

It works on plenty of other forums

*Her*

over a year ago

"It works on plenty of other forums

*Her*"

who said that...ive blocked them...what did they say lol

how did bananas come up as a blocking subject?ive no clue....

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

We've raised the issue before of whether blocks should also apply to forum posts.

The consus seemed to be that most people still wanted to be able to read the posts of people they had blocked.

Admin x

over a year ago

I think when you block someone all previous mails etc between you both should be deleted and profile no longer visible to each party.

over a year ago

i think it would be good to be able to block the forum posts of users we've blocked like it is in the chat rooms..

over a year ago

"We've raised the issue before of whether blocks should also apply to forum posts.

The consus seemed to be that most people still wanted to be able to read the posts of people they had blocked.

Admin x"

Maybe give people the option?

Although you did say that a very small amount of users use the forums.. so is it worth it for the extra work?

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

i have changed my view on this...since i have recently seen someone attempting to get a reaction simply by being on the forum...

however i can understand the it would make threads hard to understand aspect...so i will go with whatever is the least work for admin...

After all its not that hard to rise above...its only the interweb ffs

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Can I suggest that when you block a member, it means you also cannot see their posts?

In the absence of anything being done when a member is reported (as admin deem fit) this could avoid further antagonism.

It would also be a nice option to be able to block certain threads if it were possible?

"

actually this is the one filter i would NOT like to see... for 2 main reasons..

1) it would actually ruin the flow of any thread.... and then it raises the question of also flitering out any posts that repost something that someone else has written..

2) i would have thought that we would be adult enough to actually just ignore someone if it was that bad...

just because you have them blocked.. it doesn't mean an opinion in a thread isn't valid...

so if someone had a single man block... does that mean something like this wouldn't be able to be seen....

would make it all very silly in my opinion....

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"so if someone had a single man block... does that mean something like this wouldn't be able to be seen....

"

I think the suggestion has been made that it would only be in the case of a specific block i.e. had blocked you rather than all single guys.

I've seen a suggestion somewhere, it might have been on Fab, but I'm not sure, that they'd see a "header" i.e. the avatar, name, profile type, time since post and location, with a plus sign, that they could click to expand the post. This sounds fine, but since this forum software mangles nested quotes so badly, I can't see how they would be handled. Any bright ideas?

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I too think it would be Great idea that if you have someone blocked then you dont see there posts on the forums either ...too many people use forums as a way to get back at people with snide comments as ive had a lot recently and its not very pleasant,as has been said before it works well on other sites so why not here ?

over a year ago

"I too think it would be Great idea that if you have someone blocked then you dont see there posts on the forums either ...too many people use forums as a way to get back at people with snide comments as ive had a lot recently and its not very pleasant,as has been said before it works well on other sites so why not here ?"

Easy answer as already said in the thread Ignore dont be sucked in easy peasy Japaneasy

Post new Message to Thread