Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

No thanks button

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hey guys and girls,

Hope that you're all doing ok.

I'm sure this has been requested before but if not I think it'll be a really good idea to have a button with a preset message saying thanks for your interest but you're not my type or I'm not interested, you know something along those lines that way it's easier and quicker but still allows you to look polite and reply to messages that you feel at least deserve a response.

Does anyone think this would be a good idea to have?

J

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he devil wears pradaWoman
over a year ago

gosport ish

"Hey guys and girls,

Hope that you're all doing ok.

I'm sure this has been requested before but if not I think it'll be a really good idea to have a button with a preset message saying thanks for your interest but you're not my type or I'm not interested, you know something along those lines that way it's easier and quicker but still allows you to look polite and reply to messages that you feel at least deserve a response.

Does anyone think this would be a good idea to have?

J"

No op it’s not a good idea. Nobody deserves a reply, the site FAQ’s say no reply means not interested that’s sufficient enough, along with the block button

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sometimes its a no thanks at this time so what button would you use then?

By *oodnitegirlWoman
over a year ago

Yorkshire

Apparently there used to be one (I can’t remeber it!) but they took it off as people were saying it was awful opening the messages to 15 ‘set no thanks’ messages

over a year ago

It’s called the delete button - especially if they haven’t read ones profile

over a year ago

"Apparently there used to be one (I can’t remeber it!) but they took it off as people were saying it was awful opening the messages to 15 ‘set no thanks’ messages"

Since being here 2008 i have never saw it

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Apparently there used to be one (I can’t remeber it!) but they took it off as people were saying it was awful opening the messages to 15 ‘set no thanks’ messages"

It may not be nice to open your inbox and see a number of no thanks, but I think it's still better than nothing and on a side note if you're willing to send a message you have to accept the possibilities that you won't get the reply you want, but like I said I feel a reply saying no thanks is still better then absolutely nothing.

over a year ago

No reply means not interested(as per site faqs).

If your NO is a NO with a possible yes later,then there's nothing to stop anyone doing just that,saying not on this occasion thanks.

If some people can't accept the site rules and faqs then perhaps this site isnt for you.

By *inful xWoman
over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

I possibly would use it however after so much abuse it's easier just to delete without reply

over a year ago

Our lack of response means exactly that - 'Not interested but thanks anyway' so lets not try to over complicate matters with even more buttons

By *FFB69Woman
over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

"Apparently there used to be one (I can’t remeber it!) but they took it off as people were saying it was awful opening the messages to 15 ‘set no thanks’ messages

It may not be nice to open your inbox and see a number of no thanks, but I think it's still better than nothing and on a side note if you're willing to send a message you have to accept the possibilities that you won't get the reply you want, but like I said I feel a reply saying no thanks is still better then absolutely nothing. "

How? Not replying is as clear as a no. Some people don’t have time to reply to all the messages they get so only reply to the ones they’re interested in.

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

No reply means no thanks on fab, that suits us just fine. When we message and get no reply we go to the notes and write 'they're not interested', it really isn't a big deal.

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

From the FAQs:

"There are too many rude people on here who don't reply to my messages!

It's not rude not to reply.

Some ladies and couples get hundreds of messages a day so it simply isn't possible for them to reply to everyone. If you don't get a response, you should assume they aren't interested. If you're getting a lot of "no-replies" then you should consider your profile and the messages you send. Are they giving the right message? Are you standing out from the thousands of other guys on here?"

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

"No reply means no thanks on fab, that suits us just fine. When we message and get no reply we go to the notes and write 'they're not interested', it really isn't a big deal."

This

Post new Message to Thread