Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Photo verified time limit

Jump to newest

By *inky Katz OP   Couple
over a year ago

Scotland

Hi everyone, this is a very personal out look of ours but we are curious to see what other people's thoughts are.

So as it's 2017 and most people now have a phone with a camera it's not hard to upload a picture to get photo verified, yet there are 100's of profiles that have been on here weeks, months and even years that haven't took the time to do it.

We think that there should be a time period where you must do this or your profile automatically gets deleted.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

To what end?

I've been here for nearly three years and haven't been photo verified, but I do have a reasonable number of relevant meet verifications which cover my whole time on this funny old world of Planet Fab. I don't really see the value in photo verification.

You didn't explain why you think we should all be photo verified, I'd be genuinely interested to understand. HHx

over a year ago

I was photo verified but after being meet verified, I asked for the photo verification image to be deleted. It's easier to manipulate a photo verification than a meet one.

over a year ago

"Hi everyone, this is a very personal out look of ours but we are curious to see what other people's thoughts are.

So as it's 2017 and most people now have a phone with a camera it's not hard to upload a picture to get photo verified, yet there are 100's of profiles that have been on here weeks, months and even years that haven't took the time to do it.

We think that there should be a time period where you must do this or your profile automatically gets deleted.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?"

photoverified as what? against what criteria would you ask them to be verified? Who would be responsible for checking?

we see it as so pointless, we couldnt even tell you if any of the people we've met are photoverified, we just don't look. By your criteria, we would be deleted.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I think people should set their filters such as ones that stop non verified people contacting you, rather then dictate how the rest of the site use it.

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

Why not just restrict your interactions to people who are photo-verified if that's your preference?

Admin x

over a year ago

Scotland

Hi HH, as I said I just wanted people's thoughts and to discuss this and get other people opinions.

If I'm honest we have just noticed you can filter out non verified accounts, so I guess it was a slight learning curve for us.

The reason we thought of this was because the amount of unverified accounts contacting us and asking for pics/kik etc etc but were not whiling to verify via cam or and instant picture with them holding paper with our user name or something like that was unreal.

If I'm honest it was 95% female profile or MF profiles. So my outlook is, if you are who you say you are why are you so against getting photo verified or a quick hello over cam. They could never answer and always got arsy with us.

I'm not insinuating our profile is great and perfect but we are always happy to prove we are real, which isn't a lot to ask in this day and age.

Also after we have been through all of the above on multiple occasions we block the people in question and it has happened more than once where the person creates another profile and just tries again and then gets abusive.

I just think (personal opinion) if you have nothing to hide etc, why not just either get photo verified or verify in the way of cam/instant picture.

Also just one last note, I'm not automatically assuming that all un-photo verified profiles are fake, we have just had our fare share of BS and we are here for fun just like the rest

Anyway, sorry for writing a small book here, we aren't looking to upset or fall out with others. Just looking for friendly discussions/advice

All the best

M and F

over a year ago

Scotland

"I think people should set their filters such as ones that stop non verified people contacting you, rather then dictate how the rest of the site use it. "

If you read my original post, you will see I was asking for people's thoughts/opinions. I was NOT dictating anything nor do I intend to.

Perhaps you shouldn't get so defensive and take it as a personal attack and maybe just discuss it.... after all that is what this forum is for.

As I said in my reply to HH, we are here for fun just like the rest and we don't intend on upsetting or falling out with others. We just want friendly discussions and advice.

We have just figured out you can block/filter non verified accounts. It was a learning curve for us, we have all been there at some point.

over a year ago

Scotland

"Why not just restrict your interactions to people who are photo-verified if that's your preference?

Admin x"

Yeah we have just figured that out, thanks

over a year ago

"Hi everyone, this is a very personal out look of ours but we are curious to see what other people's thoughts are.

I agree wholeheartedly .. it takes seconds to do and in my opinion shows you are serious about what you are doing . Dissapointed to see so many people cant be bothered to even put up one picture of themselves . Not much to ask for people to prove they are who they say is it ?

That way we could get rid of the hundreds of fake profiles on here people have to wade through ., Less people on thr membetship but I suggest a happier membership because if it .

over a year ago

I agree wholeheartedly .. it takes seconds to do and in my opinion shows you are serious about what you are doing . Dissapointed to see so many people cant be bothered to even put up one picture of themselves . Not much to ask for people to prove they are who they say is it ?

That way we could get rid of the hundreds of fake profiles on here people have to wade through ., Less people on thr membetship but I suggest a happier membership because if it .

photo verification actually proves very little and most definitely does not prove that anyone is who they say they are unless you can check those claims against certain credentials, even then, identity fraud is rife. which of your forms of ID would you be happy to share with the site to prove who you are?

think of it this way. You're a single man. You've been verified as what? single? male? the correct age? height? build? do you meet? not an axe murderer? does photo ID "prove" any of those things?

By *londieddWoman
over a year ago

fife

I've been here nine years and have no intention of doing this I don't understand why people get so hung up on it what's the difference?

over a year ago

I,m not doing it either, I,m meet verified and that counts for more than photo verified x

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Personally, I think that Fab might as well stop doing photo verification. It simply shows the photo matches the type of account opened, not that they are who they say they are.

It's pretty pointless really.

Nita

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I will verify HH boobies I have seen them...

Socially

over a year ago

I don't see the point, all it really says is that a profile has provided a picture of someone of the right gender(s) I think even with my limited tech skills I could cobble together a fake that would pass muster.

We don't attach any weight to them and I don't want a face pic of us with our ID and site name floating around so will not be getting photo veried. I'd much rather go by meet veris and doing my own checking.

over a year ago

We've been here since 2013, no intention of holding up a bit of paper to prove who we are. We meet to prove who we are. We are verified by others who meet and aren't photo verified either.

What would this achieve to delete people who don't want to do the photo verify?

I'd much rather have people who cam only be deleted.

Post new Message to Thread