Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Banned words

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why is it that someone can send me a message using a particular naughty word but when I use it I get a ban from messaging?

For the record, on both counts, the message only consisted of a single word

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Why is it that someone can send me a message using a particular naughty word but when I use it I get a ban from messaging?

For the record, on both counts, the message only consisted of a single word"

Just cos someone else is a ****,you don't have to be one in return.Rise above it and show that you are the better person. X

Reply privately

over a year ago

No the issue isn't about someone being an a***. It is about using words in an English dictionary that the system detects - if I have used the word, I get an automatic ban - yet someone else using that word to me did not. Is the system biased? Is there a marker or a flag on my account ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No the issue isn't about someone being an a***. It is about using words in an English dictionary that the system detects - if I have used the word, I get an automatic ban - yet someone else using that word to me did not. Is the system biased? Is there a marker or a flag on my account ?

"

Sometimes life just isn't fair,,still rise above that too. X

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Why is it that someone can send me a message using a particular naughty word but when I use it I get a ban from messaging?

For the record, on both counts, the message only consisted of a single word"

If you still have the message report it so they can consider a ban for tge perpetrator. This should show the that they instigated it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't have the message anymore - I get over 150 messages a day - I have to delete them all

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No the issue isn't about someone being an a***. It is about using words in an English dictionary that the system detects - if I have used the word, I get an automatic ban - yet someone else using that word to me did not. Is the system biased? Is there a marker or a flag on my account ?

Sometimes life just isn't fair,,still rise above that too. X"

Sorry but it is annoying and I choose not to rise above it. Under the data protection act, I am entitled to know if the system has a marker against my profile.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What is the word?

Write it using spaces if you need to, please.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I choose not to repeat the word - it can be best defined as family role play

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

How do you know that they weren't banned?

Reply privately

over a year ago

The talk of markers against your profile just sounds paranoid

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because they were able to send me more messages after the use of the "banned" word

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The talk of markers against your profile just sounds paranoid"

Well perhaps we will leave that for admin to respond to - they know their code. The ban happens automatically if used in a PM.

So if one can use it and not get the ban, then it appears one rule for one and another for another.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe they just kept blocking you after sending abuse and unblocking to send the message. If it is a ban on a word then both would instantly get it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe they just kept blocking you after sending abuse and unblocking to send the message. If it is a ban on a word then both would instantly get it"

The person isn't blocking me. Using a particular word, results in the fabs code automatically putting a ban on me to send a private message to anyone until the ban clears.

Admin - where are you?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe they just kept blocking you after sending abuse and unblocking to send the message. If it is a ban on a word then both would instantly get it

The person isn't blocking me. Using a particular word, results in the fabs code automatically putting a ban on me to send a private message to anyone until the ban clears.

Admin - where are you?

"

oh well it will be an automated service and if one used it then both would be banned. Cant say ive ever had a word ban me. Perhaps first time it's just a warning

Reply privately

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

"Maybe they just kept blocking you after sending abuse and unblocking to send the message. If it is a ban on a word then both would instantly get it

Admin - where are you?

"

To get in touch with Admin use the contact button.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

Admin - where are you?

"

To get in touch with Admin use the contact button.

Reply privately