Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Modearators ... Who are they ???

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Would the site membership like to have an accessible list, say on the home page, of moderators ?

Chat Mods and Forum Mods, just so that everyone knows who's who and who to contact if there are any problems ???

We think it makes sense, no need to be cloak and dagger eh ? We're chat mods and our mailbox is always open

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I wouldnt mind that either to be honest, nor would JandS (my wife). We are only chat mods and mainly hang round in the Scottish room, although will check cams etc in other rooms from time to time.

Steve

over a year ago

There used to be a list of who all the mods were when you clicked onto chat. Maybe it's an idea to bring it back. xx

over a year ago

or get some new mods who aint power crazy

over a year ago

"or get some new mods who aint power crazy "

dont u ever stop moaning

over a year ago

...or get some mods that understand English and the definition of directing.

over a year ago

redhot thats a good idea because a lot of new members who want advice etc., dont always realise who the moderators are. Remember there used to be a list, was useful when i was a newbie lol.

over a year ago

"or get some new mods who aint power crazy

...or get some mods that understand English and the definition of directing. "

Most of us do !

over a year ago

dont u ever stop moaning"

depends wot im doing

over a year ago

i can name a cpl who use the chat room reg bombshell and jimjan and all mods have a * after their name

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/07/09 15:06:06]

over a year ago

aye they do and deviousliasions welshcouple04, crystals and myself as well always nattering and helping when we are asked

By *aradisecplCouple
over a year ago

bristol

there is also Myself and Clarice too

By *aradisecplCouple
over a year ago

bristol

Mods wouldnt be power crazy as u put it if the members of the site adhered to rules and didnt come to forums whinging and moaning about things they think they havent done and said when they have

over a year ago

sorry yep u and clarice but we not power hungry at all are we

over a year ago

Mods wouldnt be power crazy as u put it if the members of the site adhered to rules and didnt come to forums whinging and moaning about things they think they havent done and said when they have "

so u think a 4 hour ban for someone saying "get yr cam on" is ok..i think its a joke

over a year ago

Mods wouldnt be power crazy as u put it if the members of the site adhered to rules and didnt come to forums whinging and moaning about things they think they havent done and said when they have "

If everyone adhered to the rules then there'd be no need for mods ..

But regardless of members attitudes - mods should not be power crazy - end of

And at the end of the day, a little flexibility from the mods goes a long way to prevent, or at least reduce the forum posts to which you refer

Oh yes, add our names to the list of chat mods

over a year ago

Mods wouldnt be power crazy as u put it if the members of the site adhered to rules and didnt come to forums whinging and moaning about things they think they havent done and said when they have so u think a 4 hour ban for someone saying "get yr cam on" is ok..i think its a joke "

As said in another thread, a warning in this instance would probably have sufficed. I wasn't in the room at the time, so I'm not 100% sure of the big picture, however some mods don't believe in the 'beneft of the doubt' and don't give warnings because the 'rules are there to be read'. A little bit like parking attendants - I park in a car park every day during my working day to eat my lunch - the car park attendant just gives me the 'nod' and walks on. He sees my company van and knows that I'm a working guy just doing my job - the benefit of the doubt ..... others would give me a ticket straight away because 'I know that I have to pay to park here'

Different people - different attitudes, personally I like, wherever posible to give the benefit of the doubt ..

over a year ago

always try to give a warning unless its a real real NO NO like kiddies on cam or summit otherwise warnings

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

another chat room mod here and always happy to try to help a member out when in need.

I always try to give a warning before banning but in some instances this isn't suitable. The chatroom rules are displayed every 10 mins in the room and are there for all to see at any time by clicking on "chat" at the top of the page then rules.

over a year ago

lol

over a year ago

dont u ever stop moaning

depends wot im doing "

pmsl

over a year ago

brilliant idea then i can give them a heads up and let them know i am going into chat to get banned, saves me time waiting for them to find me

come get me

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/07/09 08:17:20]

over a year ago

Right I post this in ignorance (as I dont know exactly how the chat ap works, but have used other chat systems)

But I would assume that some people are mistakenly assuming a ban came from a mod when it could have been some feature of the chat ap. I recently recieved a ban for use of caps (damn caps lock got hit whilest typing and I didnt realise till I hit enter) I recieved an immediate ban (which I would expect in any chatroom here or on any chat network) I contacted one of the mods from the room and explained, but he hadnt banned me and was very helpful but couldnt remove the ban which is fair. I belive it was a built in chat filter that banned me. But as the system just throws you out without even an explanation some people may not realise exactly what they have done. Maybe people who recieve a ban can be sent an automated message outlining possible reasons for the ban. As it would make too much work for the mods to send individual messages explaining why there was a ban and that leaves things open for arguements.

The mods here seem fair and honest compared to other nets. Powerhungry I think not. So keep up the good work ppl!

(P.S. I just wish the whisper system was improved!)

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

It will have been a mod who banned you.

If it wasn't the mod who you mailed, it will have been another one that was in the room.

They have a * at the end of their name in chat

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple
over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

Mods wouldnt be power crazy as u put it if the members of the site adhered to rules and didnt come to forums whinging and moaning about things they think they havent done and said when they have so u think a 4 hour ban for someone saying "get yr cam on" is ok..i think its a joke "

wernt in room at the time so cant really comment but to direct somebody there cam must be on if the cam aint on you cannot direct them???

By *aughtyNurse999Woman
over a year ago

Fabville !!!

maybe a good idea to have a list of mods.

And i have to say i always give a warning before booting/banning. But can people who moan also remember that us mods get some abusive messages and some threatening ones.. If people would just adhere to the rules there would be noo need for banning in first place.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Forum Mod here......If anyones interested

over a year ago

Hi Forum Mod, I like the forums they are good. cya keep up the good work

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Hi Forum Mod, I like the forums they are good. cya keep up the good work"

Hiya Chatty mod........im too scared to go in chat

over a year ago

"Hi Forum Mod, I like the forums they are good. cya keep up the good work

Hiya Chatty mod........im too scared to go in chat "

Softy

By *eviousLiasonsCouple
over a year ago

Travelling

For our sins, we do both!!

Chat is fast, but people dont rip the bejezus out of twonks so much in there :D

By *teve_SoleilCouple
over a year ago

Malaysia

Do moderators run the website to? Like check reports and stuffs? Follow up on complains and stuff?....Just wondering...:D

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/help/4169#last

Admin have answered that question on the above thread

By *ornywhores4Couple
over a year ago

louth

try been in some of the irish sites......NO MODERATORS at all which is a load of bollox.we prefer this site as we cant really get abuse off peoples...well if we do we can report them and something is done about it...we have no problems with moderators on any site,if their is none would you be happy with getting abuse off people or in the chat rooms?no would just complain about moderators not doing their job.their has to be rules,some people in chat rooms dont want their cam on why should they be asked?if they want to cam then they will...keep doing the good work moderators xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

By *rouble and strifeCouple
over a year ago

Nr Glasgow

OR USING CAPITAL LETTERS

over a year ago

I have recently been banned...for no reason...I complained, I reported. Yet they are still allowed to moderate chat. (I was on an old ID (now deleted) btw)

I would like to know what recourse there is for mods that are too heavy handed.

Oh and I was backed up by other members of the chat room...

I can guess the answer, but I feel it's worth bringing up..

over a year ago

Specialbrew, i do not know why you were banned, but mods have to follow rules and if you think certain mods are unfair the best thing to do is to speak to site owners. WE all have to behave by their rules even mods and we have to be accountable to them and keep the chatrooms happy. xx Cat

over a year ago

Specialbrew - I'd be suurised if you were banned for 'no reason'

There is always a reason why someone gets banned, they don't always agree with the reason, but I'm sure there would have been one

Mods just don't go around picking names at random and issuing a ban

over a year ago

i only know a few of the chat room mods names, couldnt tell ya who the forum mods are If we are in a chatroom and see the asterix after the name we know who mods are, but as it does not show asterix on their profile and the page with names of mods have gone, sometimes we just guessing.

over a year ago

"i can name a cpl who use the chat room reg bombshell and jimjan and all mods have a * after their name "

i think bombshell is great. she is a fair mod with a sense of humour also. bombshell rocks in my books

pussy

over a year ago

well i like to spend alot of hours in the chat rooms (not the directing room lol) and i can say the mods in here are very very helpfull and ive see people get warnings first b4 a ban (shame people cant read rules first) i think all mods are doing a good job just sumtimes i wish they was a few more sum times during the day ive noticed not 1 mod in any of the rooms but hell i no u lot cant be around all day (like me cause im a lazy bum lol) think we need sum secret mods the no * lol cause i have noticed that if no mods in people can take the mick abit..... ill end it no my fingers are hurting pmsl keep up the good work u guys xxxxx and man hugs 4 the male mods hehehehe

over a year ago

I'm putting in my application...

I want the openess.. the abilty for sensible open debate..

The right people are needed.. I'm here!

Ohhh yes... gimme the buttons..

over a year ago

Mite be a good idea to have chatroom rules and a mod list flash up when conecting to the chatroom then theres no excuse if anyone gets banned. Here's hoping

over a year ago

"Mite be a good idea to have chatroom rules and a mod list flash up when conecting to the chatroom then theres no excuse if anyone gets banned. Here's hoping "

Some basic rules do scroll through the chat rooms roughly every 10 minutes or so. Wether or not people read them - who knows.

Even if the full rules were published at each log in, I doubt wether some folks would bother to read them. Lets face it - if someone wants to go into chat just to cause trouble, they will do it regardless of rules being published or not. It's a fact of life that some individuals will cause trouble just for the Hell of it.

I'd also like to see a mod list published, and going by past 'polls' so would others, however so far it hasn't happened and I have no idea if moves may be afoot to do so .. but for anyone who isn't aware, anyone in the chatrooms with a star (*) after their name is a mod - so be on your best bahaviour

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/08/09 18:20:48]

over a year ago

bombshell is a brilliant mod i know the regulars but some are new and I dont know so i suppose if there was a list of chat mods, everyone would know xxxthere used to be before xxx

over a year ago

"bombshell is a brilliant mod i know the regulars but some are new and I dont know so i suppose if there was a list of chat mods, everyone would know xxxthere used to be before xxx"

Yeah we all love mods who ban folks because their cam is out of focus or pointed at the walls ....

They are great, best thing since sliced bread

over a year ago

daft question alert...

how do people become mods on here? dont understand how the authority is given to standard members..

told you it was a daft question..

Post new Message to Thread