Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Hidden profiles viewing accounts

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There is nothing more frustrating than someone who is hidden viewing your profile.

Could it be changed that to view other profiles you have to appear "online" and unhidden for that period?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So you want the single ladies to advertise that they have looked at you so they can get even more one line messages.

That would drive more of them away than leave now because of the abusive idiots on here.

over a year ago

Why?.. Can understand if they where to message.. That's just odd more than annoying though

By *tillup4funMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

"So you want the single ladies to advertise that they have looked at you so they can get even more one line messages.

That would drive more of them away than leave now because of the abusive idiots on here.

"

I think the OP means when someone looks at your profile but their profile is hidden if they did,nt want OP to know they had looked they would have used stealth mode

over a year ago

ahh, my mistake.

Who knows why people hide their profiles, but i know i am thinking of hiding mine.

over a year ago

Why? Unless they have messaged you then don't worry about it. I got my profile regularly and still look at profiles, I do so it in stealthode though. It wouldn't achieve anything take people have their profile public.

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

if they have hidden their profile, and are looking but not messaged you, it's simple you're not what they are looking for

over a year ago

i look in hide mode as well. nobody would even know i've looked at their page.

By *lighty1Woman
over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

Obsessing about your Looked At Me list is the same as obsessing about your sent items. Both mean nothing. If you receive a message or a reply, only then does it matter.

over a year ago

Whoever wants to look should be able to look. Im sure that if they liked what they see, they would get in contact. I dont like it when a profile is hidden, i dont see the point in it. You should only be able to disable messaging, not hiding a profile. That way women and couples wouldnt receive so many messages.

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

Of course people should be able to hide a profile:

Sometimes you just want " time out".

Women need a break sometimes from incessant messaging ( a freind of mine hides her profile most of the time, because she doesn't use the site very often).

I have used hiding once when I was being bombarded by someone; I blocked them, but felt better that my profile was hidden for awhile as well so that they couldn't see me either .

By *lighty1Woman
over a year ago

" I dont like it when a profile is hidden, i dont see the point in it. You should only be able to disable messaging, not hiding a profile. That way women and couples wouldnt receive so many messages. "

I hide my profile for about 20 hours each days, because I don't want to come up in searches. I take your point, that I could use filters to prevent anyone from messaging me, but that takes several clicks (hiding my profile takes one click). If you remove this functionality, you risk driving women and couples off the site. Or we could just set all pics to 'friends only' and delete profile text ... that wouldn't be good for the site.

over a year ago

I think hidden profiles should be banned from chat rooms..

over a year ago

"I think hidden profiles should be banned from chat rooms.."

Why?... I have never used the chat rooms...

over a year ago

I find the chat rooms boring

By *lighty1Woman
over a year ago

"I think hidden profiles should be banned from chat rooms.."

Why? People who hide their profiles often stay on Fab to keep in touch with old friends in the chat rooms.

over a year ago

Being sent a message from a single guy I then like to peruse the profile. Several guys have set their profile to hidden and I usually wouldn't reply as I can't tell who it is.

over a year ago

I think that having the ability to hide the fact you've viewed a profile whether the profile is hidden or not is pretty pants, especially when it one of the features you pay for.. Just seems a bit wrong.. Let's pay for a feature that people who don't even have to be a site supporter can opt out of, what's all that about then lol

By *ltravioletWoman
over a year ago

In amongst the Unicorns & fairy dust

"Whoever wants to look should be able to look. Im sure that if they liked what they see, they would get in contact. I dont like it when a profile is hidden, i dont see the point in it. You should only be able to disable messaging, not hiding a profile. That way women and couples wouldnt receive so many messages. "

I hid my profile last week for the first time in about 3 years - a guy fabbed all my public pics , I was going to send a quick thank you message but after reading his profile which was very offensive to any woman ( he was only looking for women too ) I sent a quick message explaining why I wouldn't be thanking him - he then sent me a message back saying that it was ok he wasn't bothered as he had copied all my public pics and was even using my profile pic as his own ! I blocked him and reported - so I'm in hiding for a little while as this male ruffled my feathers a bit - mainly because he wasn't a site supporter and not a registered user& had only been on site for about 14 hours - he got round my filters because he had an avatar pic - I'm so pleased that his username has been removed as he'd played similar games with a few others. I know locally

over a year ago

"Whoever wants to look should be able to look. Im sure that if they liked what they see, they would get in contact. I dont like it when a profile is hidden, i dont see the point in it. You should only be able to disable messaging, not hiding a profile. That way women and couples wouldnt receive so many messages.

I hid my profile last week for the first time in about 3 years - a guy fabbed all my public pics , I was going to send a quick thank you message but after reading his profile which was very offensive to any woman ( he was only looking for women too ) I sent a quick message explaining why I wouldn't be thanking him - he then sent me a message back saying that it was ok he wasn't bothered as he had copied all my public pics and was even using my profile pic as his own ! I blocked him and reported - so I'm in hiding for a little while as this male ruffled my feathers a bit - mainly because he wasn't a site supporter and not a registered user& had only been on site for about 14 hours - he got round my filters because he had an avatar pic - I'm so pleased that his username has been removed as he'd played similar games with a few others. I know locally "

Why would you message someone to tell them why you won't be messaging them to say thanks?..

By *ltravioletWoman
over a year ago

"Whoever wants to look should be able to look. Im sure that if they liked what they see, they would get in contact. I dont like it when a profile is hidden, i dont see the point in it. You should only be able to disable messaging, not hiding a profile. That way women and couples wouldnt receive so many messages.

I hid my profile last week for the first time in about 3 years - a guy fabbed all my public pics , I was going to send a quick thank you message but after reading his profile which was very offensive to any woman ( he was only looking for women too ) I sent a quick message explaining why I wouldn't be thanking him - he then sent me a message back saying that it was ok he wasn't bothered as he had copied all my public pics and was even using my profile pic as his own ! I blocked him and reported - so I'm in hiding for a little while as this male ruffled my feathers a bit - mainly because he wasn't a site supporter and not a registered user& had only been on site for about 14 hours - he got round my filters because he had an avatar pic - I'm so pleased that his username has been removed as he'd played similar games with a few others. I know locally

Why would you message someone to tell them why you won't be messaging them to say thanks?.. "

if someone Fabs all my public pics I look at their profile and usually politely reply with a thank you - this males profile was disgusting and offensive ( yes I bit ) I sent him a polite message to say that his profile was offensive to the females he was searching for that's all - I didn't think he reply with my avatar as his that's what shocked me

over a year ago

Why would you message someone to tell them why you won't be messaging them to say thanks?.. if someone Fabs all my public pics I look at their profile and usually politely reply with a thank you - this males profile was disgusting and offensive ( yes I bit ) I sent him a polite message to say that his profile was offensive to the females he was searching for that's all - I didn't think he reply with my avatar as his that's what shocked me "

Some right idiots on here isn't there.. Fortunately not everyone is like that

By *ltravioletWoman
over a year ago

Why would you message someone to tell them why you won't be messaging them to say thanks?.. if someone Fabs all my public pics I look at their profile and usually politely reply with a thank you - this males profile was disgusting and offensive ( yes I bit ) I sent him a polite message to say that his profile was offensive to the females he was searching for that's all - I didn't think he reply with my avatar as his that's what shocked me

Some right idiots on here isn't there.. Fortunately not everyone is like that "

yes my outlook on life is that it's the 5% minority that spoil it for the majority - he was a monster though !

over a year ago

Why would you message someone to tell them why you won't be messaging them to say thanks?.. if someone Fabs all my public pics I look at their profile and usually politely reply with a thank you - this males profile was disgusting and offensive ( yes I bit ) I sent him a polite message to say that his profile was offensive to the females he was searching for that's all - I didn't think he reply with my avatar as his that's what shocked me

Some right idiots on here isn't there.. Fortunately not everyone is like that yes my outlook on life is that it's the 5% minority that spoil it for the majority - he was a monster though ! "

Turn it around and use it as a positive... Let the 5% make the nice ones stand out

By *lighty1Woman
over a year ago

"I think that having the ability to hide the fact you've viewed a profile whether the profile is hidden or not is pretty pants, especially when it one of the features you pay for.. Just seems a bit wrong.. Let's pay for a feature that people who don't even have to be a site supporter can opt out of, what's all that about then lol"

A lot of women and couples view in stealth mode. Because we get fed up of messages from single men - "I see you viewed my profile, so you must be interested". Err... no! I viewed your profile and decided I WASN'T interested, that's why I didn't get in touch.

That said, I never look at my L@M list. I really don't care who has looked at my profile.

Post new Message to Thread