Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Guest list for club events

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is it just me who thinks it would be great to have the option of a 'who's going' for club event listings? Something you click that adds you to the list maybe?

I would love to be able to look at club nights and see who has their name down.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Yes I think this is a great idea you could have "maybe going" and "going"

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Yes I think this is a great idea you could have "maybe going" and "going""

I have used my status to ask who was planning on going before but just got lots of messages from guys saying they would come with me, which wasn't my aim.

By *anda and CatCouple
over a year ago

Yes, like that idea.

By *ilk_TreMan
over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"Is it just me who thinks it would be great to have the option of a 'who's going' for club event listings? Something you click that adds you to the list maybe?

I would love to be able to look at club nights and see who has their name down.

"

By *irty130Couple
over a year ago

Bristol Area

This would be awesome. Would also save searching though the meets to see who else has said they are going.

Also saw someone make a good suggestion of the organiser being able to message everyone on the list, save having to copy/paste the same message 100 times. The message system just can't cope with that right now!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes would be great then rival clubs, jealous arseholes could tap up your guest list lol oh forgot this already happens if you post your guest list on your profile

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I think that is a great idea

I am off to cupids on Friday and have not a clue who else is going

By *rx1Couple
over a year ago

Okehampton

Don't forget 9/10 times those that say the are going, wont turn up anyway.

Plus you wont be able to guess how many may or may not go from other sites..

You would get better odds at the bookies, getting it right

By *irty130Couple
over a year ago

Bristol Area

"Yes would be great then rival clubs, jealous arseholes could tap up your guest list lol oh forgot this already happens if you post your guest list on your profile "
Lots of events run their guest list here on the Forum too (which can make the threads difficult to read). I think if people are going to poach a guest list, they will do it anyway.

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman
over a year ago

Burbage

I would hate this idea, the reason being my name could show on a list (which has happened in the past being on lists for events in forum posts) to end up with a few guys turning up that i had previously rejected.

After turning up they looked for me, and up to now 3 have said I saw your name on list and figured Id chance a play in person, thus leading to me saying no means no, if i wasnt interested in person via profile and messages it would be no different just because they turned up at a club.

For that reason I will now, no longer put myself on guestlists

By *picyminxWoman
over a year ago

Huntingdon

I wont be publishing my guest lists again. When I have published them there have been many people I have left off as some people don't like to be seen as going. There's always a massive fallout too and some people just aren't suitable for some events. Ie. Bi male events, younger events, It may be more complicated than just having a button to click. So I would have to disagree. Great in theory but not in reality x

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

Seems a bit like stalkers paradise.

By *ilk_TreMan
over a year ago

Wherever the party is!

"I would hate this idea, the reason being my name could show on a list (which has happened in the past being on lists for events in forum posts) to end up with a few guys turning up that i had previously rejected.

After turning up they looked for me, and up to now 3 have said I saw your name on list and figured Id chance a play in person, thus leading to me saying no means no, if i wasnt interested in person via profile and messages it would be no different just because they turned up at a club.

For that reason I will now, no longer put myself on guestlists"

Not really a reason not to have an automated system as names are already published via the forums. In fact this would make it a good idea to have a list that could only be accessed by the event organiser. The only reason I can see not to do it would be the increase on server load. Having said that, it's possible to compensate for that but I don't want to give the site owners TOO many ideas...

over a year ago

"I would hate this idea, the reason being my name could show on a list (which has happened in the past being on lists for events in forum posts) to end up with a few guys turning up that i had previously rejected.

Not really a reason not to have an automated system as names are already published via the forums. In fact this would make it a good idea to have a list that could only be accessed by the event organiser. The only reason I can see not to do it would be the increase on server load. Having said that, it's possible to compensate for that but I don't want to give the site owners TOO many ideas... "

If we're going to a function and are happy for it to be published then we'll post in the thread on the forum. If we've contacted an organiser privately, it would be because we don't want it published for whatever reason. An automated published guest list would put us and a few people off even thinking about going to somewhere. We don't all feel the need to live all of our life out loud

over a year ago

Great idea

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

While we can understand some of the doubts on this, in practice it seems to work very well in Germany.

Guest lists for club events are one of the major benefits of the German site we use.

The club will post the event which will generate a page on the site then members can register for the event either publicly or anonymously. If you stay anonymous then you still show on the list as a number but without your name. The clubs can also add their own (non site) customers to the list which just show as an "external" number. Also many clubs have a deal with the site where they will offer a discount (usually around 10%) for premium members.

There are some abuses, mostly from smaller clubs trying to jack up the numbers with mythical externals, and as always there are the last minute drop outs and no shows but it really does work.

As an example there is a monthly event which we always try to attend. The next one on 6th March is currently sold out. We know over the next few days there will be enough drop outs to open it up again, so we just keep an eye on the page and register when it does.

By *otlovefun42Couple
over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

I would add that in over five years we have never been tapped up by a club from another clubs guest list and we always register publicly.

By *irty Girty From No 30Woman
over a year ago

Burbage

Not really a reason not to have an automated system as names are already published via the forums. In fact this would make it a good idea to have a list that could only be accessed by the event organiser. The only reason I can see not to do it would be the increase on server load. Having said that, it's possible to compensate for that but I don't want to give the site owners TOO many ideas... "

Wrong, as events published on forums you can message organiser privately so no trail of your name on forums, by having the option the OP is suggesting, a guestlist for all to see, i would simply not tell an organiser I was going and I would just turn up, as im sure many others would that dont want to appear on lists either

over a year ago

This can be done in a way if people post in the meets listings,

As organisers it's easy to have a list simply add people to your hot list

The list posted are never accurate. As some will be unlos, a few keyboard worriers, and some who forget they added there names to the list

Also people on the list can be pestered by others trying to get a meet.

We never post lists of who are attending

D and L x

over a year ago

Dirty girl didn't you used to hold events and have the names on a list on your profile?

Many clubs hold events and have list in the forum, these are mainly so non members can go and just pay entry price. I'm going to cupids this weekend and had the option to message privatelyor post in forum. I have no wworries about adding my name to a list, clubs are quite respectful and would do something if someone was bothering you.

Post new Message to Thread