Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Notes on profiles.

Jump to newest

By *ibertines OP   Couple
over a year ago

Cupar

A few people on here (ourselves included) would like to be able to put notes on peoples profiles.

Just ones we ourselves could see. With so many messages, keeping up with the mail is nigh on impossible...keeping track of what was said to who is even harder. So, being able to add notes to a person's profile (eg - "this person is busy at weekends and most days but can do weds/ thursday afternoons") would be cool.

Yes - we already do a similar thing in a folder on the desktop but it would be great to have it all tied in together.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eclan_and_AimeeCouple
over a year ago

dunblane, stirling

what about a green arrow which takes you to previous messages with this contact?

similar to the forums arrow?

xx

By *habsMan
over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

I don't know about notes on profiles. My main concerns/objections would be:

1) One site does this, and people have started using it as a "verification" system as the site doesn't have one of its own.

2) Whilst the said site has winks (and a system to block them) people now start leaving silly arse messages that, upon reading, you realise contains infomation that REALLY should be in an email. Stuff like "Hi A, was really good to meet you and B in club C last Thursday, the jacuzzi fun was excellent - I'll come see you at your house next Tuesday as promised".

Damn, I was shocked to see that, as a note on someone's profile for all to see - and no way to remove it once put up!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

we realy like this thought like a privae note attached to the profile

so we could note if someone intrested us r thay said no

so we wont bother them again etc

over a year ago

"I don't know about notes on profiles. My main concerns/objections would be:

1) One site does this, and people have started using it as a "verification" system as the site doesn't have one of its own.

2) Whilst the said site has winks (and a system to block them) people now start leaving silly arse messages that, upon reading, you realise contains infomation that REALLY should be in an email. Stuff like "Hi A, was really good to meet you and B in club C last Thursday, the jacuzzi fun was excellent - I'll come see you at your house next Tuesday as promised".

Damn, I was shocked to see that, as a note on someone's profile for all to see - and no way to remove it once put up!"

_habs, i assumed the op meant private notes for their own use, not public ones like on the other site?

over a year ago

well sorry i dont want anyone putting any notes on my profile only me lol

you can use your Current Status to put diff things on ya own profile like cant do mondays but can do whatever other day u do lol

over a year ago

Damn, I was shocked to see that, as a note on someone's profile for all to see - and no way to remove it once put up!

_habs, i assumed the op meant private notes for their own use, not public ones like on the other site?"

Actually, an idea I saw was actually on a flatshare site - you could tag the profile for later interest (I use "hotlist" for this) but also needs the opposite effect, ie some form of "not interested, don't pursue" tag that you see - the "flat share" site I saw had a "save/remind" and "unsuitable" button.

Not sure if that makses sense to anyone, but makes sense once you see it

over a year ago

_habs, i assumed the op meant private notes for their own use, not public ones like on the other site?

Actually, an idea I saw was actually on a flatshare site - you could tag the profile for later interest (I use "hotlist" for this) but also needs the opposite effect, ie some form of "not interested, don't pursue" tag that you see - the "flat share" site I saw had a "save/remind" and "unsuitable" button.

Not sure if that makses sense to anyone, but makes sense once you see it "

yes i understand that one totally, but one could also just block those that you dont want to contact again or turn up in a search, though a little harsh i guess. Do like the idea of the tag/flag you've suggested though as that way i could also remind myself that i havent responded to someones message and roughly what was said lol

over a year ago

I see what the OP means... An extension of the hotlist maybe... A user could write a wee note against a users profile to remind themselves about that profile, whether it be not to contact them again, a reminder to show your own partner the profile, a reminder to get back in touch, any thing really.

Good idea to the OP

Steve

over a year ago

Indeed, maybe this could be integrated into the "Hotlist" that each person can use already in an anonomous style.

Certainly worth a look - see by support I would think.

over a year ago

Private notes would be great.

Post new Message to Thread