Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Couples Feature for Messaging

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When messaging it would be a nice feature if there was a radio button to say which of the couple had written the message. Default set to 'both'.

If 'male' selected the message background could be very light pastel blue, and if 'female' very light pastel pink.

I think it would be a simple matter development-wise and would be very useful for couples because we spend half our time saying which of us is the one posting, and can be confusing reading messages from couples when they say 'I' and it's not clear which of them wrote it.

Of course, a site supporter feature.

It would be really great if the same thing on forum posts too.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Or you could just sign your name at end.

over a year ago

"Or you could just sign your name at end. "

Yes, we'd thought of that, thanks. It's not the same though. It'd be better if as soon as the message is opened people could see right off the bat. Hence this post, it's something we'd like to see as a feature and that is what this section is partly for.

over a year ago

"Or you could just sign your name at end.

Yes, we'd thought of that, thanks. It's not the same though. It'd be better if as soon as the message is opened people could see right off the bat. Hence this post, it's something we'd like to see as a feature and that is what this section is partly for."

I personally don't see the need for it but hey this is the right place for your idea

over a year ago

It's not just how we want to portray ourselves, as you say people could just sign which one of them wrote that particular message. If it's a message that is important which of us wrote it, we do of course do that.

It's how other couples post that also is a part of the issue.

It sort of would be nice if you could 'link' two separate accounts into one couple account, but that could cause other problems so is a whole other issue. The radio button idea is, we think, better. Either the coloured posting, or at the top of the message a system message in bold writing saying 'the male writes...' (just an example of how it would actually manifest itself).

By *eviousLiasonsCouple
over a year ago

Travelling

But wouldn't 90% plus of couples just leave it as "both" and thus make it pointless?

over a year ago

I think it's a great idea Tomjul and we would definitely use it.

over a year ago

We would use this feature. Its confusing reading messages when both of us have been chatting to someone and its a bit of a pain to put your name at the end of every message in a conversation.

Peach

over a year ago

"We would use this feature. Its confusing reading messages when both of us have been chatting to someone and its a bit of a pain to put your name at the end of every message in a conversation.

Peach"

So because it's a bit of a pain just to add name which takes less than a min to do you want fab to introduce a new tool ok well right place to ask

over a year ago

I think it's a really good idea for a quite minimal design change

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

I sign off all my forum posts with an 'A' so Fox doesn't get blamed for any of my babbling.

It's obviously then me - not her.

Likewise if I send someone a message I do the same thing. Simple.

Out of interest OP - what would stop half of a 'couple' simply signing off as both or one or the other when in fact it's just one person running the profile and sending all the messages/posting in the forums?

I could easily just put 'Fox' at the end of a post and likewise could click a button to say it was her sending a message. She wouldn't know and neither would the message recipient.

I don't see how this would work?

A

over a year ago

"I sign off all my forum posts with an 'A' so Fox doesn't get blamed for any of my babbling.

It's obviously then me - not her.

Likewise if I send someone a message I do the same thing. Simple.

Out of interest OP - what would stop half of a 'couple' simply signing off as both or one or the other when in fact it's just one person running the profile and sending all the messages/posting in the forums?

I could easily just put 'Fox' at the end of a post and likewise could click a button to say it was her sending a message. She wouldn't know and neither would the message recipient.

I don't see how this would work?

A"

There's nothing to stop it being misused but rather than signing off each message, if a button could select which of us it is from whichever name is used on the profiles then this just makes life a little easier.

There's been a couple of occasions I've forgotten to say and had to then explain it was me.

Also on the occasions when D/s couples have messaged us, it's useful to know which one is contacting us as the address would be different from me to a D compared to a s.

Rach x

over a year ago

"

So because it's a bit of a pain just to add name which takes less than a min to do you want fab to introduce a new tool ok well right place to ask "

given your not a couple you dont have that problem. I also stated its confusing when messaging not just the fact that the internet and website are so advanced i shouldnt really have to type my name at the end of every message. It also fills our inbox with.messages like who am i talking to? It is mrs or mr? If we had that feature we wouldnt recieve so many of those messages.

Peach.

over a year ago

Also half of the time people dont even know that ess is the male n i get called ess a lot and would save that confusion.

over a year ago

"

So because it's a bit of a pain just to add name which takes less than a min to do you want fab to introduce a new tool ok well right place to ask

given your not a couple you dont have that problem. I also stated its confusing when messaging not just the fact that the internet and website are so advanced i shouldnt really have to type my name at the end of every message. It also fills our inbox with.messages like who am i talking to? It is mrs or mr? If we had that feature we wouldnt recieve so many of those messages.

Peach."

No I'm not a couple but that doesn't stop me having an opinion and I'm sorry I just can't get my head round it. It just seems to me to be done people want fab to to everything for them when in fact all it takes is a name signed at end or even starting a message by hi it's so and so for the issues not to be there.

over a year ago

"

Peach.

No I'm not a couple but that doesn't stop me having an opinion and I'm sorry I just can't get my head round it. It just seems to me to be done people want fab to to everything for them when in fact all it takes is a name signed at end or even starting a message by hi it's so and so for the issues not to be there. "

Emails have signatures to set up as it's recognised as easier and time saving and that's from a single account. Being able to select a signature by way of a button seems a logical, simple and easily introduced feature. Surprised by the negative responses!

over a year ago

"

Peach.

No I'm not a couple but that doesn't stop me having an opinion and I'm sorry I just can't get my head round it. It just seems to me to be done people want fab to to everything for them when in fact all it takes is a name signed at end or even starting a message by hi it's so and so for the issues not to be there.

Emails have signatures to set up as it's recognised as easier and time saving and that's from a single account. Being able to select a signature by way of a button seems a logical, simple and easily introduced feature. Surprised by the negative responses! "

exactly i love fabswingers i really do but its the least advanced website ive used in about ten years, its not like we are asking for the whole site to change just one small simple feature that you dont have to use if youd rather type your names every message x

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

Peach.

Emails have signatures to set up as it's recognised as easier and time saving and that's from a single account. Being able to select a signature by way of a button seems a logical, simple and easily introduced feature. Surprised by the negative responses! "

Emails do. But then couples don't tend to share email addresses. Profiles they do.

If a message is being sent by one half of a couple it's simple to state that and sign off as such.

I suspect the number of couples who only ever sit and compose messages together is probably quite small - generally there will be one or the other doing the writing on behalf of both. Should they be expected to sign off as just one half of a couple all the time? Many couples would be put off by this. As I said earlier there'd be no way to categorically confirm who was sending any messages - you be assuming it was whoever signed off.

A message is just that - a message. As is often stated in profiles many people want to speak to both parties either by phone or in person before making decisions.

Words typed in a message are just that. Words.

A

*or is it Fox

over a year ago

Me n ess share email accounts

Im not saying you cant just type your name at the end, that is what we do anyway, it would save time and confusion from couples who dont sign there name. Also some people just need a clear, this is the man, this is the female in which case would be simpler to just click a button. I put peach on the end of almost everything i write, maybe i should just copy and paste instead. x

over a year ago

The colour idea wouldn't work on MM and FF profiles

over a year ago

If a couple ticked the F box claiming it was the female mailing I probably wouldn't believe it. You can usually tell if it's a man or woman anyway.

We sign all our mail with both our names, but the person who wrote the mail has their name first. So if it was me mailing it would say "her and him". Simple and no effort.

over a year ago

Talk about a case in point: is "Fox" above male or female???? It's a gender neutral name. As is the initial "A"

In order to find out who's who we have to waste time and go to the profile. Now if it were blue or pink we'd know right off the bat wouldn't we?

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Talk about a case in point: is "Fox" above male or female???? It's a gender neutral name. As is the initial "A"

In order to find out who's who we have to waste time and go to the profile. Now if it were blue or pink we'd know right off the bat wouldn't we? "

Ah - but if you read up - I did refer to Fox as 'her'.

But I could still click a button to say it was her posting and therefore make it pink even if it was me.

Hence no benefit in colour coding on couples profiles.

A

over a year ago

Seems the two main objections are:

1 - People will abuse the feature, ie people who aren't real couples etc

- Well any feature you ever implement is open to abuse, the message system itself is open to abuse, should we remove it?

2 - Some people won't use it.

- Well they don't have to, they can use it at the default setting.

Many couples will find this feature useful, so would be nice to have it.

over a year ago

"

Ah - but if you read up - I did refer to Fox as 'her'.

But I could still click a button to say it was her posting and therefore make it pink even if it was me.

Hence no benefit in colour coding on couples profiles.

A"

But that's the point - a lot of us don't WANT to "read up" - we want to see at a glance who's posting - maybe it's just the techies amongst us that like to speed through and see what's what quicker.

Also if you signed posts as her wouldn't she kick your butt?? Lol

over a year ago

"Well any feature you ever implement is open to abuse, the message system itself is open to abuse, should we remove it? "

The negative nellies will say "Yes of course" Just as we should have trout removed from the fishmongers as a lot of people don't eat it and not bring any new products in as the same old same old will suffice.

;-)

" Many couples will find this feature useful, so would be nice to have it."

Yes - and speaking as someone who works in IT, it would be an easy bit of coding.

Signed, She, the pink one

Post new Message to Thread