Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

blocking messages

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We have it set so people can't message us unless they attached a picture to message or have them on profile...

like such

"Not got public photos on profile (no, they're blocked) allow them"

It worked well, but since yesterday, we been getting messages coming through when they only have pics in private.

Anyone else noticed this?

Tony

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We’ve noticed it, but bear in mind that anyone you send a no thanks to, past or present are immune to the filters, we think it would be better if the filters were only exempt for friends or people you contact after enabling them, if your in the habit of replying to anyone who contacts you like we do/did then these filters are useless when you enable them and only filter new members.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"We’ve noticed it, but bear in mind that anyone you send a no thanks to, past or present are immune to the filters, we think it would be better if the filters were only exempt for friends or people you contact after enabling them, if your in the habit of replying to anyone who contacts you like we do/did then these filters are useless when you enable them and only filter new members."

well I never knew that....thx for the info

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

Im sure this has been asked before but I can find the relevant thread.....

If I block someone, can they still read my profile? I suspect they can but would just like to know for def.

over a year ago

Yes they can, you don't even have to be a member or be logged in to read a profile as things stand.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

"Yes they can, you don't even have to be a member or be logged in to read a profile as things stand."

omg. good job mi boobs are covered then....

over a year ago

i tried to read a profile without logging on cos someone said you could and I soon had message saying "you need to log on to see this"

over a year ago

"i tried to read a profile without logging on cos someone said you could and I soon had message saying "you need to log on to see this" "

Well you must have been trying to view pictures as that’s the only thing you need to be logged on to see.

over a year ago

no was my own profile because someone said anyone can see profiles so i was trying it out

over a year ago

"We’ve noticed it, but bear in mind that anyone you send a no thanks to, past or present are immune to the filters, we think it would be better if the filters were only exempt for friends or people you contact after enabling them, if your in the habit of replying to anyone who contacts you like we do/did then these filters are useless when you enable them and only filter new members."
I have a block on people who don't have public pics on their profile but still got a brand new message from a brand new person today with private pics only.

over a year ago

Oops, forgot I posted this lol

I'm not sure if admin have fixed it but it seems to of stopped for now?

Thinking though, it may be possible to show a pic on profile, send the message then hide it again just to get the message through

Tony

over a year ago

Yeah but these was coming from people we never spoke to before, one was even from a newbie that had only just joined.

Hopefully its fixed now though! hehe

Tony

Post new Message to Thread