Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Too many messages (ideas)

Jump to newest

By *az_1976 OP   Man
over a year ago

Peterborough/Huntingdon

Ok so we all know that women get bombarded on here. I'm sure a lot of them are from people who don't fit the bill. Can we add more details to profiles so the ladies (and gents) can filter messages and block profiles that don't fit what they are looking for

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Ok so we all know that women get bombarded on here. I'm sure a lot of them are from people who don't fit the bill. Can we add more details to profiles so the ladies (and gents) can filter messages and block profiles that don't fit what they are looking for"

I do.

Thr delete button great tool

over a year ago

Or they could do the searching themselves. When I was meeting I'd use my filters to limit my messages, only got around 10 a day. Alternatively, I'd sometimes block men so no one could message and I'd go searching and messaging myself. The filters work well on here and there's no need for anyone to be bombarded if they use them.

over a year ago

"Or they could do the searching themselves. When I was meeting I'd use my filters to limit my messages, only got around 10 a day. Alternatively, I'd sometimes block men so no one could message and I'd go searching and messaging myself. The filters work well on here and there's no need for anyone to be bombarded if they use them."

I am very very very happy you posted this cause when i did just to let females know how they could cut down on all the good bad & ugly mails i got some abuse .

By *ngeluk69Woman
over a year ago

Near enough

"Ok so we all know that women get bombarded on here. I'm sure a lot of them are from people who don't fit the bill. Can we add more details to profiles so the ladies (and gents) can filter messages and block profiles that don't fit what they are looking for

I do.

Thr delete button great tool "

Best tool there is on this site...

Oh and I did that thing of writing a profile, and I read others to see if they match what I'm looking for, a lot of guys simply don't read

over a year ago

"Ok so we all know that women get bombarded on here. I'm sure a lot of them are from people who don't fit the bill. Can we add more details to profiles so the ladies (and gents) can filter messages and block profiles that don't fit what they are looking for

I do.

Thr delete button great tool

Best tool there is on this site...

Oh and I did that thing of writing a profile, and I read others to see if they match what I'm looking for, a lot of guys simply don't read "

This. I logged on last night and within 10 minutes I had messages from 2 guys who couldn't accommodate, a smoker and a married guy. First couple of lines of my profile says I'm not interested in them!

over a year ago

"Or they could do the searching themselves. When I was meeting I'd use my filters to limit my messages, only got around 10 a day. Alternatively, I'd sometimes block men so no one could message and I'd go searching and messaging myself. The filters work well on here and there's no need for anyone to be bombarded if they use them.

I am very very very happy you posted this cause when i did just to let females know how they could cut down on all the good bad & ugly mails i got some abuse ."

Are you saying you messaged females to let them know how to cut down on good bad ugly messages if so not suprised you got grief would seem a way of trying to look like a good guy to open a convo.

If I have misunderstood then I apologise.

over a year ago

"Or they could do the searching themselves. When I was meeting I'd use my filters to limit my messages, only got around 10 a day. Alternatively, I'd sometimes block men so no one could message and I'd go searching and messaging myself. The filters work well on here and there's no need for anyone to be bombarded if they use them.

I am very very very happy you posted this cause when i did just to let females know how they could cut down on all the good bad & ugly mails i got some abuse .

Are you saying you messaged females to let them know how to cut down on good bad ugly messages if so not suprised you got grief would seem a way of trying to look like a good guy to open a convo.

If I have misunderstood then I apologise."

He may have suggested it in a forum post but however he did it, its not a reason for abuse. I've seen many posts on here where women have moaned about the amount/type of messages they get and when someone suggests how to cut them down using filters they get all defensive and come up with reasons not to use filters. One I remember ranted about getting messages when her profile said she wasn't meeting but when someone suggested blocking men or hiding her profile, she got funny about it. Some people thrive on attention then moan when they get too much!

By *ngeluk69Woman
over a year ago

Near enough

If I have misunderstood then I apologise.

He may have suggested it in a forum post but however he did it, its not a reason for abuse. I've seen many posts on here where women have moaned about the amount/type of messages they get and when someone suggests how to cut them down using filters they get all defensive and come up with reasons not to use filters. One I remember ranted about getting messages when her profile said she wasn't meeting but when someone suggested blocking men or hiding her profile, she got funny about it. Some people thrive on attention then moan when they get too much!"

I myself have moaned about being bombarded by messages (I had NO idea about using the filters then), howeverI have learnt one very important lesson...dont flipping moan if you aren't going to use the facilities on offer

Post new Message to Thread