Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

search by postcode

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why when browsing meets can't you search by postcode rather than the area. Im in east Midlands and of the meets will be well over an hours travel away.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Why when browsing meets can't you search by postcode rather than the area. Im in east Midlands and of the meets will be well over an hours travel away."

You can. The advanced search option enables searching within X miles of a given postcode.

over a year ago

"You can. The advanced search option enables searching within X miles of a given postcode."

I think OP is referring to the 'Meets & Events' section, not the 'Browse' section.

I would think that there is no postcode search in that section due to the number of meets posted. There are tons more members in a given area than there are meets. Therefore, postcode distance is likely to show up much fewer results. The region drop-down saves the hassle of switching search options multiple times and it's really not all that bad, in my opinion.

over a year ago

I agree with the OP in in Leicester when I search East Midlands I get loads meets posted for Lincoln etc which is over hour away, adding a within X miles of postcode would be a great feature

over a year ago

I agree as well I an in Newcastle and get meets for leeds when serch the north east

By *aneandpaulCouple
over a year ago

cleveleys

We were on another site we got tracked down by our post code we was in the pub trade alsorts turned up

over a year ago

"I agree as well I an in Newcastle and get meets for leeds when serch the north east "

The north east is classed along side York Leeds and hull ? Which are 2hrs away ? So on the north east meets most are just too far away ?

Post new Message to Thread