Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

"Thanks, But No Thanks" button

Jump to newest

By *ausage and sizzle OP   Couple
over a year ago

Barnstaple

Sounds a bit lazy I know, but saw one of these on Adult Contacts website and thought it was really good. It would certainly stop all the moans from people who don't get a reply and from those who haven't got time to send them.

Just one click would generate an automated "thanks, but no thanks" message.

Anyone else think this is a good idea????

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Used to think it would be a great idea, but thinking outside the box tells you that the people who moan about getting no reply will just start moaning that people are sending an auto reply rather than replying to the message they took the time to write, at least if they get a no thanks just now they know someone has typed it, swings and roundabouts.

over a year ago

but it only takes a second to type No thanks innit xxx

over a year ago

Barnstaple

"but it only takes a second to type No thanks innit xxx "

I agree, we try to reply to everyone, but if you've got stuff to do and about 20 emails from single blokes, it can seem like a full time jobs sometimes. And not everyone has the time to reply.

over a year ago

"but it only takes a second to type No thanks innit xxx

I agree, we try to reply to everyone, but if you've got stuff to do and about 20 emails from single blokes, it can seem like a full time jobs sometimes. And not everyone has the time to reply."

why just block single guys and save all the hassle of replying to any

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Sounds a bit lazy I know, but saw one of these on Adult Contacts website and thought it was really good. It would certainly stop all the moans from people who don't get a reply and from those who haven't got time to send them.

Anyone else think this is a good idea???? "

We are on a site with the use of a no thanks button, and last week someone started a thread complaining it was rude to recieve an auto reply.

Sometimes you can't win either way

over a year ago

Barnstaple

"Sounds a bit lazy I know, but saw one of these on Adult Contacts website and thought it was really good. It would certainly stop all the moans from people who don't get a reply and from those who haven't got time to send them.

Anyone else think this is a good idea????

We are on a site with the use of a no thanks button, and last week someone started a thread complaining it was rude to recieve an auto reply.

Sometimes you can't win either way"

I agree, hanged if you do, hanged if you don't. I give up!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Who knows though, this site might bring it in.

We have a few replies written out in word and just copy and paste most no thanks answers to mail from there.

over a year ago

Barnstaple

"Who knows though, this site might bring it in.

We have a few replies written out in word and just copy and paste most no thanks answers to mail from there.

"

It would be good I think.

We'd still usually write a nice reply back with some thought given to it, if someone has taken the time to think about what they write us, rather than a one liner. But there are times when I can see that it could be useful, rather than ignoring people.

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

We like the idea but would be better to be able to also use it for random Friends Requests and Winks too

And for mails we send; if it makes it easier for the recipient to say No Thanks then that would be great as we take time to check out a profile before mailing; but always ask at the end "but pls reply with a No Thanks if not interested" yet so few do.. so yes an Auto Response is better than No reply

By *ickens CiderMan
over a year ago

taunton

the solution is simple... have a rubbish single bloke profile like mine and nobody messages you anyway... hum... mine you I'm possibly that guy your not even bothering to say no thanks to? um....

(scratches head)

over a year ago

It's a good idea.

Then those who want to use it can, those who want to reply with a longer message still can, and those who would rather ignore unwanted emails, can carry on as normal...

If you use it and get any sort of reply, you can just keep clicking the thanks but no thanks button or block.

Of course maybe admin could take it a step further and allow us the choice to have our own, one custom reply, via the click button.

Win, Win, Win.

over a year ago

Barnstaple

"the solution is simple... have a rubbish single bloke profile like mine and nobody messages you anyway... hum... mine you I'm possibly that guy your not even bothering to say no thanks to? um....

(scratches head) "

I just checked and I actually sent you at least 3 replies to a number of issues/questions you had - how was the party anyway and did you go in the end? You've got to be in it to win it mate!!!!!

over a year ago

Would definately get my vote

over a year ago

Would get my vote too

over a year ago

problem is it would really only work if both face pictures were there for all to see,i really hate saying no thanks!! but it's something we all must do at some point,it is harder when ive sent the first wink or message,for what ever reason

over a year ago

Barnstaple

"problem is it would really only work if both face pictures were there for all to see,i really hate saying no thanks!! but it's something we all must do at some point,it is harder when ive sent the first wink or message,for what ever reason "

But you're not obliged to use the button, you would still be able to send a message if you wanted to. Can't see what the problem is? Yes, it's impersonal, but better than no reply at all and very little difference from a cut and paste message.

over a year ago

"problem is it would really only work if both face pictures were there for all to see,i really hate saying no thanks!! but it's something we all must do at some point,it is harder when ive sent the first wink or message,for what ever reason

But you're not obliged to use the button, you would still be able to send a message if you wanted to. Can't see what the problem is? Yes, it's impersonal, but better than no reply at all and very little difference from a cut and paste message. "

i would be a great option,but don't you think it would only apply to people,couples who openly show face picture

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I think I am lost here. Do you mean to be able to say no thanks to people you have to show a face picture on your profile?

over a year ago

Barnstaple

"problem is it would really only work if both face pictures were there for all to see,i really hate saying no thanks!! but it's something we all must do at some point,it is harder when ive sent the first wink or message,for what ever reason

But you're not obliged to use the button, you would still be able to send a message if you wanted to. Can't see what the problem is? Yes, it's impersonal, but better than no reply at all and very little difference from a cut and paste message.

i would be a great option,but don't you think it would only apply to people,couples who openly show face picture "

No I don't think so. For instance we got a message today that just said "add me to your ms (then hotmail address)" and that's it!!!!!!!! Frankly the answer is No thanks, isn't it? Or do you just give out your hotmail address to every Tom, Dick and ..., without even knowing who they are?

over a year ago

I think the 'thanks, but no thanks' is to people who email you and you have no interest in them what so ever.

it's a bit like a semiauto reply.

You don't have to use it, but it's there.

Post new Message to Thread