FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Rise in AI slop

Jump to newest
 

By *eggieMarshmallow OP   Woman
4 days ago

Far from the sea

I've been seeing a lot of AI generated images on fab that people have as their profile picture, also a disgusting amount of AI generated bios. Are the admins doing anything about this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ornucopiaMan
4 days ago

Bexley

Artificial insemination doesn’t have to be sloppy.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *eedle-in-the-Hey-StackMan
4 days ago

Reading


"I've been seeing a lot of AI generated images on fab that people have as their profile picture, also a disgusting amount of AI generated bios. Are the admins doing anything about this?"

It's hard to see how this isn't going to get worse. I was wondering myself about the verification photos, surely it wouldn't be hard to get an AI to rustle one up these days.

I think it's pretty inevitable at this point that AI is going to supercharge the scammers and catfishes.

Even if it's not being used as a scam, someone using it to write their profile takes away a crucial (for me) bit of information about the person I'm attempting to interact with. As a man who takes a bit of pride in my ability to craft a sentence, it also erodes away any edge I might have over the other hoards of single men. "If everyone's special - no one is," To quote an increasingly prophetic line from The Incredibles.

I wonder, like in all areas where AI is getting its claws in, if it's going to encourage more people to find ways to meet in person.

I'm also curious how the Fab team can possibly counteract this.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *its_and_TiramisuCouple
4 days ago

North Somerset


"I've been seeing a lot of AI generated images on fab that people have as their profile picture, also a disgusting amount of AI generated bios. Are the admins doing anything about this?"

Both are a great filter. They're easy to spot, although we don't seem to be seeing anywhere near as many as others. Maybe Somerset isn't as tech savvy as elsewhere. 🤷‍♂️

But if a photo is obvious AI and/or has been snapchat filtered to a huge extent, along with a bio so obviously written by AI, then we just block and move on.

Obi

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *enelope2UWoman
4 days ago

Doesn't matter cant block distances

Males and those pretending to be.... don't read profiles in general so AI ones will be safe

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
4 days ago

Central

Fab updated its photos rules a few recent months ago, so that people must predominantly be the same as their photos. Report any that you perceive as breaking Fab rules.

I'm not feeling especially good at picking up on AI written profiles but I've seen some tedious text online, without colour or spirit, that I assume is AI. Certainly AI slop is atrocious and I'd avoid profile users I thought largely used it

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *aomilatteCouple
3 days ago

Midlands

Admin probably can't tell if many of the AI photos are AI. We've reported some but they don't get removed. Unfortunately it will only become more common.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *rYoniMan
3 days ago

Essex ++

Site veri should be changed to a live facial scan or a live photo. It operates like this on lots of sites (non swinging related) as so easy to fake an uploaded photo these days. I think Fab photo verified is gradually becoming meaningless in it's current form.

So many new female accounts that are obviously dodgy getting Fab photo verified upon joining. Sometimes will be 5 of them in my area within an hour. In most cases reporting doesn't help as technically they've done nothing wrong. I find them easy to spot and just ignore them but maybe not everyone does.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

3 days ago

O o O oo


"Site veri should be changed to a live facial scan or a live photo.

"

It is already there and most people are using it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

3 days ago

O o O oo


"Site veri should be changed to a live facial scan or a live photo.

It is already there and most people are using it."

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/1809659

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *eedle-in-the-Hey-StackMan
3 days ago

Reading


"Site veri should be changed to a live facial scan or a live photo.

It is already there and most people are using it."

I didn’t know this, thanks for sharing.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *edonist RickMan
3 days ago

The Potting shed


"I've been seeing a lot of AI generated images on fab that people have as their profile picture, also a disgusting amount of AI generated bios. Are the admins doing anything about this?"

Tbh it’s been going on a while with edited pictures that were precursors to AI.

The real problems is the groups mass producing fake accounts and reviewing each other , taking advantage of mainly couples wants, ending in criminal charges

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 
 

By *nlycheats_and_femalesCouple
3 days ago

Durham

It's really sad that some people pretend to be someone or something they aren't to get attention.

Normally a profile with stunning photos and one verification from 2 lifetimes ago.

Cat and mouse I guess. Things change and so does what the fakes do to try and stay ahead.

Common sense will prevail hopefully.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread
back to top