FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Forum Topics

Jump to newest
 

By *parklingeclipse OP   Woman
4 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

I think there should be a time frame on Forum Topics.

Cleared and tidied up after say 3 months. Anything older automatically gets deleted. Should be very easy to do.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *izandpaulCouple
4 weeks ago

merseyside

I'd like to be able to control a thread I start.

To delete the whole thread once it's run its course.

Sometimes my thread is asking for information on a swingers club etc., once answered to my satisfaction it has no more use so I could delete it.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ealitybitesMan
4 weeks ago

Belfast


"I'd like to be able to control a thread I start.

To delete the whole thread once it's run its course.

Sometimes my thread is asking for information on a swingers club etc., once answered to my satisfaction it has no more use so I could delete it."

In my opinion the ability to do that would be easily abused.

That would allow the shit stirrers and trolls to start threads that would wind people up and then delete it either when they'd had their kicks or if it didn't go the way they intended.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ophieslutTV/TS
4 weeks ago

Central

Older threads can be very useful, so it would be a pity to lose the benefit of their wisdom, etc. It does highlight the advantages of doing topic searches and having titles that are subject matter relevant.

Sometimes people start topics and may return to them, once they have tried things out, including clubs or profile changes suggested.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *izandpaulCouple
4 weeks ago

merseyside


"Older threads can be very useful, so it would be a pity to lose the benefit of their wisdom, etc. It does highlight the advantages of doing topic searches and having titles that are subject matter relevant.

Sometimes people start topics and may return to them, once they have tried things out, including clubs or profile changes suggested. "

I've found the opposite.

I've put in a keyword search but the threads can be years old and not much use and lots of those who contributed are now shown as left the site.

I'd be happy to delete threads I started as I feel I have received the information requested. Don't want to waste folks time replying and wasting my time having to respond to them.

We could take some ownership of our own posts.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *izandpaulCouple
4 weeks ago

merseyside


"I'd like to be able to control a thread I start.

To delete the whole thread once it's run its course.

Sometimes my thread is asking for information on a swingers club etc., once answered to my satisfaction it has no more use so I could delete it.

In my opinion the ability to do that would be easily abused.

That would allow the shit stirrers and trolls to start threads that would wind people up and then delete it either when they'd had their kicks or if it didn't go the way they intended.

"

Probably, but shit stirrers need to be dealt with regardless if they can delete threads or not.

Idiots will always find a way through any system, but feel if some idiot jumped on my thread I could just delete it.

Not that any thread of mine is that important or any others to be fair.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *onin25Man
4 weeks ago

Durham

What about the people who've never read about injecting cum into your urethra?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *izandpaulCouple
4 weeks ago

merseyside


"What about the people who've never read about injecting cum into your urethra? "

Obviously, these type of high brow discussions need to be kept going forever as the top medical staff who wander the forum posts between their busy days advising patients must be protected at all costs.

.. .. and pigs really do fly.🤣🤣

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *izandpaulCouple
4 weeks ago

merseyside


"I think there should be a time frame on Forum Topics.

Cleared and tidied up after say 3 months. Anything older automatically gets deleted. Should be very easy to do. "

Yes, think FAB is well overdue a cleanup.

Lots of no longer on site and not been on over a year profiles.

I know a profile on here of someone who has passed away over a year ago.

I would think at least admin would consider requests from members who ask for threads they started to be deleted.

Threads they have only commented in, different story.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *rYoniMan
4 weeks ago

Essex ++


"I'd like to be able to control a thread I start.

To delete the whole thread once it's run its course.

Sometimes my thread is asking for information on a swingers club etc., once answered to my satisfaction it has no more use so I could delete it."

But that information could still be of use to others if for example they search on a particular area or club name

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *rYoniMan
4 weeks ago

Essex ++


"I think there should be a time frame on Forum Topics.

Cleared and tidied up after say 3 months. Anything older automatically gets deleted. Should be very easy to do. "

But one of the benefits of Forum is searching on a particular topic and seeing older threads come up with relevant information.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ornucopiaMan
4 weeks ago

Bexley

I'd hate to see the 'Toenail fungus' thread which topped out at 175 getting deleted within the time it takes to cure it with a daily application of Vicks vapour rub!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *he MinionMan
4 weeks ago

Surrey

Does Vicks vapour rub work then ? 😇

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ornucopiaMan
4 weeks ago

Bexley


"Does Vicks vapour rub work then ? 😇"

I won't be party to thread hijacking!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *rYoniMan
4 weeks ago

Essex ++


"Does Vicks vapour rub work then ? 😇"

If you use the search function there are seven threads with Vicks in the title, all over the year old so a wealth of information I'm sure. Thankfully they weren't deleted after 3 months.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *rYoniMan
4 weeks ago

Essex ++

[Removed by poster at 07/09/26 14:07:19]

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *izandpaulCouple
4 weeks ago

merseyside


"I'd like to be able to control a thread I start.

To delete the whole thread once it's run its course.

Sometimes my thread is asking for information on a swingers club etc., once answered to my satisfaction it has no more use so I could delete it.

But that information could still be of use to others if for example they search on a particular area or club name"

Nope, delete old stuff.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *rYoniMan
4 weeks ago

Essex ++


"I'd like to be able to control a thread I start.

To delete the whole thread once it's run its course.

Sometimes my thread is asking for information on a swingers club etc., once answered to my satisfaction it has no more use so I could delete it.

But that information could still be of use to others if for example they search on a particular area or club name

Nope, delete old stuff."

Don't you think some stuff older than 3 months can still be useful? There is often advice given to search for threads on a particular topic.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *izandpaulCouple
4 weeks ago

merseyside


"I think there should be a time frame on Forum Topics.

Cleared and tidied up after say 3 months. Anything older automatically gets deleted. Should be very easy to do.

But one of the benefits of Forum is searching on a particular topic and seeing older threads come up with relevant information. "

No it's not.

I'm busy, I've got better things to do than search through old, out of date, irrelevant information.

Thinking a club or social still exists.

Happy for people to post information but please let it be up to date.

I still get messages from a holiday meet post, can't delete it, wish I could.

I leave you to trawl through old posts and decide what's true, what was true but no longer and just no longer existing.

Have fun. 🤣🤣

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *izandpaulCouple
4 weeks ago

merseyside


"I'd like to be able to control a thread I start.

To delete the whole thread once it's run its course.

Sometimes my thread is asking for information on a swingers club etc., once answered to my satisfaction it has no more use so I could delete it.

But that information could still be of use to others if for example they search on a particular area or club name

Nope, delete old stuff.

Don't you think some stuff older than 3 months can still be useful? There is often advice given to search for threads on a particular topic. "

Love a night out with you.

You could explain all the different ways Vick vapour rub can be used.

Explaining all the old threads you've researched.

Can't wait. 🤣🤣🤣

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *rYoniMan
4 weeks ago

Essex ++


"I think there should be a time frame on Forum Topics.

Cleared and tidied up after say 3 months. Anything older automatically gets deleted. Should be very easy to do.

But one of the benefits of Forum is searching on a particular topic and seeing older threads come up with relevant information.

No it's not.

I'm busy, I've got better things to do than search through old, out of date, irrelevant information.

Thinking a club or social still exists.

Happy for people to post information but please let it be up to date.

I still get messages from a holiday meet post, can't delete it, wish I could.

I leave you to trawl through old posts and decide what's true, what was true but no longer and just no longer existing.

Have fun. 🤣🤣"

Just because you don't think it is useful and don't want to do why should they all be deleted to stop others? You don't have to search if you don't want to but let others do so if they wish. Something 4-5 months old is hardly ancient history. Swinging and Fab have been going a long time and lots hasn't changed at all. Forum is not just about clubs, meets. etc.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *izandpaulCouple
4 weeks ago

merseyside


"I think there should be a time frame on Forum Topics.

Cleared and tidied up after say 3 months. Anything older automatically gets deleted. Should be very easy to do.

But one of the benefits of Forum is searching on a particular topic and seeing older threads come up with relevant information.

No it's not.

I'm busy, I've got better things to do than search through old, out of date, irrelevant information.

Thinking a club or social still exists.

Happy for people to post information but please let it be up to date.

I still get messages from a holiday meet post, can't delete it, wish I could.

I leave you to trawl through old posts and decide what's true, what was true but no longer and just no longer existing.

Have fun. 🤣🤣

Just because you don't think it is useful and don't want to do why should they all be deleted to stop others? You don't have to search if you don't want to but let others do so if they wish. Something 4-5 months old is hardly ancient history. Swinging and Fab have been going a long time and lots hasn't changed at all. Forum is not just about clubs, meets. etc. "

Hahaha

I haven't got the time or inclination to sift through all the posts.

I disagree with your lots haven't changed statement.

In real meets like holidays, parties clubs it changes constantly.

But if you want posts to last for years, good luck to you, I prefer posts to be deleted after a decent period.

I certainly think the OP should be able to delete or at least contact admin and ask them.

People who have left the site or not been on over a year should certainly be culled.

For me forums is about clubs, holidays meets etc, not interested in gossip drama, your health or conspiracy, just meets.

But if you want everything to stay, good luck to you, you opinion is as valid as mine, just mine is best. 🤣🤣🤣

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *rYoniMan
4 weeks ago

Essex ++


"I think there should be a time frame on Forum Topics.

Cleared and tidied up after say 3 months. Anything older automatically gets deleted. Should be very easy to do.

But one of the benefits of Forum is searching on a particular topic and seeing older threads come up with relevant information.

No it's not.

I'm busy, I've got better things to do than search through old, out of date, irrelevant information.

Thinking a club or social still exists.

Happy for people to post information but please let it be up to date.

I still get messages from a holiday meet post, can't delete it, wish I could.

I leave you to trawl through old posts and decide what's true, what was true but no longer and just no longer existing.

Have fun. 🤣🤣

Just because you don't think it is useful and don't want to do why should they all be deleted to stop others? You don't have to search if you don't want to but let others do so if they wish. Something 4-5 months old is hardly ancient history. Swinging and Fab have been going a long time and lots hasn't changed at all. Forum is not just about clubs, meets. etc.

Hahaha

I haven't got the time or inclination to sift through all the posts.

I disagree with your lots haven't changed statement.

In real meets like holidays, parties clubs it changes constantly.

But if you want posts to last for years, good luck to you, I prefer posts to be deleted after a decent period.

I certainly think the OP should be able to delete or at least contact admin and ask them.

People who have left the site or not been on over a year should certainly be culled.

For me forums is about clubs, holidays meets etc, not interested in gossip drama, your health or conspiracy, just meets.

But if you want everything to stay, good luck to you, you opinion is as valid as mine, just mine is best. 🤣🤣🤣"

Ha ha ha. Putting yourself in the shoes of others is a wonderful thing.

It's really easy. If everything stays, people who search back beyond 3 months can search. People who don't want to don't have to. If you delete everything over 3 months then people no longer have the choice and option.

Fair enough on meets etc. but just to take one example health advice doesn't suddenly become redundant after 3 months. You seem rather dismissive of anything that isn't about imminent meets. Plenty is not about meets that isn't gossip, drama or conspiracy. Ha ha ha.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

4 weeks ago

O o O oo

Some of the threads are hilarious to read back.

I am interested to understand why you think they should be deleted? If you want to avoid threads older than three months you could.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

4 weeks ago

O o O oo


"

For me forums is about clubs, holidays meets etc, not interested in gossip drama, your health or conspiracy, just meets.

"

That's the beauty of people though, we all like to see different things on here

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *eautyandthebeast86Couple
4 weeks ago

Somewhere in Norfolk ask :)

I feel like it’s useful to still have past threads because a) there might be something useful either medically, location or a really good debate on a subject.

b) it’s stopped me from starting a identical thread about something because I can see it’s already been discussed or the question already answered.

I understand that some users may no longer be on the site but their comments on the threads are still just as useful or not useful regardless if it was in the past.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *izandpaulCouple
4 weeks ago

merseyside

Sorry, disagree.

But that's what great about FAB, we can all see it and use it in different ways.

I use it as a swingers site to meet people.

Think it most definitely needs a good spring clean.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 
 

By *parklingeclipse OP   Woman
3 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

I forgot to check back and comment again myself as the OP of this thread. Thank you for your comments.

I think we should be allowed at least to delete our own threads.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread
back to top