
Join us FREE, we're FREE to use
Web's largest swingers site since 2006.
Already registered?
Login here
| Back to forum list |
| Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback |
| Jump to newest |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Whats the point? I don't see why a message makes any difference to just finding out the normal way. " I might be wrong but I seem to remember if you are blocked after exchanging messages you only find out you are blocked are hitting send on a reply. I've received messages and want to reply so type a reply and then find I'm out blocked. It would be nice to know so I don't waste those few minutes typing a reply. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Whats the point? I don't see why a message makes any difference to just finding out the normal way. I might be wrong but I seem to remember if you are blocked after exchanging messages you only find out you are blocked are hitting send on a reply. I've received messages and want to reply so type a reply and then find I'm out blocked. It would be nice to know so I don't waste those few minutes typing a reply. " If you take a second to click on the profile before typing the message you will see if you're blocked | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Whats the point? I don't see why a message makes any difference to just finding out the normal way. I might be wrong but I seem to remember if you are blocked after exchanging messages you only find out you are blocked are hitting send on a reply. I've received messages and want to reply so type a reply and then find I'm out blocked. It would be nice to know so I don't waste those few minutes typing a reply. If you take a second to click on the profile before typing the message you will see if you're blocked " When you are in the middle of a message exchange perhaps 10-20 messages long do you click on the profile every time before you type and send every message? | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"We've found if you send a polite no thanks you nearly always get abusive comments back so we just block now. " Yes and the suggestion from OP is that when you do the recipient gets a standard message automatically to let them know. They still can't reply to send an abusive message. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Whats the point? I don't see why a message makes any difference to just finding out the normal way. I might be wrong but I seem to remember if you are blocked after exchanging messages you only find out you are blocked are hitting send on a reply. I've received messages and want to reply so type a reply and then find I'm out blocked. It would be nice to know so I don't waste those few minutes typing a reply. If you take a second to click on the profile before typing the message you will see if you're blocked When you are in the middle of a message exchange perhaps 10-20 messages long do you click on the profile every time before you type and send every message? Depending on the conversation and who it's with, I might do, yes. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Seems to be creating work for admin that is pointless. If you are unhappy that instead of accepting being blocked you should get another not needed message. System re blocking is a quick simple process " Any suggested change creates work for admin - that is the whole point of feedback/suggestions | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"When a user receives a message from someone they aren’t interested in and they decide they want to block can there not be an option in the messaging screen to block and automatically send back a reply saying something along the lines of “Thank you for your message however this user has decided they don’t want tho continue corresponding with you and has blocked your profile to prevent any future correspondence”. That way the sender is informed they’ve been blocked rather than finding out when they next look at the profile. " Congratulations OP. You have devised a method where a person has been saved the tremendous hardship of clicking on a profile and replaced it with the hardship of opening a message. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Seems to be creating work for admin that is pointless. If you are unhappy that instead of accepting being blocked you should get another not needed message. System re blocking is a quick simple process Any suggested change creates work for admin - that is the whole point of feedback/suggestions Agreed. It just requires a bit of recoding and thats it. I'm shocked that. my suggestion has created some negative responses. Perhaps it's my age but I was brought up to be polite, so therefore if someone messages I should have the decency to send a response. An automated reply removes the effort of having to type a "thanks but no thanks message". | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"We've found if you send a polite no thanks you nearly always get abusive comments back so we just block now. Yes and the suggestion from OP is that when you do the recipient gets a standard message automatically to let them know. They still can't reply to send an abusive message. I understand that but having manners obviously isn't acceptable to certain people on this site " It's not about manners really though is it? If someone sends me a message that makes me want to block them why would I worry about being polite? | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"We've found if you send a polite no thanks you nearly always get abusive comments back so we just block now. " If your reply to me was a polite no I’d accept and appreciate your lovely photos greatly | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"When a user receives a message from someone they aren’t interested in and they decide they want to block can there not be an option in the messaging screen to block and automatically send back a reply saying something along the lines of “Thank you for your message however this user has decided they don’t want tho continue corresponding with you and has blocked your profile to prevent any future correspondence”. That way the sender is informed they’ve been blocked rather than finding out when they next look at the profile. " I understand why you've posted the questions, however, you have to understand that there's no niceties shown to people if there's no interest. Basically people don't give a shit about you're feeling and most a fooking ignorant at best. My advice would be to try another site that attracts a better clientele. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"When a user receives a message from someone they aren’t interested in and they decide they want to block can there not be an option in the messaging screen to block and automatically send back a reply saying something along the lines of “Thank you for your message however this user has decided they don’t want tho continue corresponding with you and has blocked your profile to prevent any future correspondence”. That way the sender is informed they’ve been blocked rather than finding out when they next look at the profile. I understand why you've posted the questions, however, you have to understand that there's no niceties shown to people if there's no interest. Basically people don't give a shit about you're feeling and most a fooking ignorant at best. My advice would be to try another site that attracts a better clientele. " Yet here you are. Still here. Still searching🤣🤣 | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"When a user receives a message from someone they aren’t interested in and they decide they want to block can there not be an option in the messaging screen to block and automatically send back a reply saying something along the lines of “Thank you for your message however this user has decided they don’t want tho continue corresponding with you and has blocked your profile to prevent any future correspondence”. That way the sender is informed they’ve been blocked rather than finding out when they next look at the profile. I understand why you've posted the questions, however, you have to understand that there's no niceties shown to people if there's no interest. Basically people don't give a shit about you're feeling and most a fooking ignorant at best. My advice would be to try another site that attracts a better clientele. Yet here you are. Still here. Still searching🤣🤣" Incorrect, I'm not searching. The site subscription hasnt expired but once it does, I'm gone. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Reading between the lines, OP is sending messages out and then discovering he's blocked - hurting his feelings - it's happened often to the point where it's an issue for him. Not to be mean but that will be down to him and his actions. Do people block after receiving a polite, thoughtful message demonstrating that the sender has read their profile and meets their criteria of people they'd like to meet? Maybe. But it's extremely unlikely. A penny to a pound says that 99% of blocking is down to members is down to members *not* reading profiles, *not* sending tailored messages, *not* saying anything of interest, *not* having their own detailed and specific profile or pics, and *not* taking no (stated or implied) for an answer. And 99.99% of the time this member is a single male. Even then, in most cases members will just delete the messages so blocking is usually triggered by extremely rude messages and continued unwanted messages/winks, and context from second accounts demanding to know why you're not replying to messages from the prime account. And there's no excuse for it. Being horny is not justification for not spending a few seconds reading a profile - if nothing else, you don't want to arrange a meet with someone who's not on *your* level. No excuse for having a blank profile or just a generic statement like 'chilled guy for sexy fun'. No excuse for 'hey', 'how are you?', 'where r u' messages and if they'd read your profile they could have written something more unique." Polite message get blocked. You're obviously not aware of the facts. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Polite message get blocked. You're obviously not aware of the facts. " And I said that may occur but is rare. I also said it usually happens when the guy has a vague, zero-effort profile. You're obviously not paying attention. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
"Polite message get blocked. You're obviously not aware of the facts. " And if the sender reads the profile first, meets the necessary criteria and makes it clear in the polite message - rather than the turgid 'hi, how are you?' then there's more chance of panning for gold in your shower than of being blocked. | |||
| Reply privately | Reply in forum | Reply +quote |
| Post new Message to Thread |
| back to top |