FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

suggested new feature

Jump to newest
 

By *y3942 OP   Man
6 weeks ago

hastings

i dont know how this could be suggested, or even if people would think its worth doing.... but what about an option to "hide" people but not block them? the context is i will message people usually replying to their status. if someone deletes my message or doesn't open it, i just take that as a no and leave it be. however in a couple months time when i see another status worth replying to, i would rather not message someone who i've already messaged. the reason why i think outright block is the wrong tool, is cause i only would message someone if i would want to be intimate with them, blocking someone i like seems stupid when im not sure they are not interested for sure, but also i dont want to bug them if they delete for confirmation im not for them rather than they're inundated with messages and just clearing. i've met a couple of really nice women in the past who originally had deleted my first message for whatever reason. if i had blocked them i would have missed out meeting a wonderful person. also, there should be an option to hide from search any profile that is inactive for 6 months or a year. it makes the site seem more active than it is. i know a couple of ladies locally who've not been on here in over 4 years but their accounts are still on my hotlist from when we chatted. does FAB take requests?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *carlettsWoman
6 weeks ago

Somewhere out there

If ypu become a site supporter you will be able to save messages so seeing when and what you messaged them a few months back.

I'd probably say if you didn"t gat a response from them, they were not interested enough to respond?

I may have completely misunderstood what you were asking but think the feature you are asking for is there just by hotlisting the person and being able to view messaging historyadding notes to a profile etc

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
6 weeks ago

Crumpet Castle

I've read and fully understood your post O.P.

For you it's a good idea.

For me, I think you are possibly putting too much thought into a trivial matter.

Just put names in alphabetical order if you must and don't message them for while if ever.

Life's too short x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

6 weeks ago

East Sussex

Fab does take suggestions rather than requests in the feedback section, which I will move this to. Admin have said they do read it

You could make use of the private notes feature in the meantime.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *y3942 OP   Man
6 weeks ago

hastings

ty. thread end

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 

By *acavityMan
6 weeks ago

Redditch

I’m a silver member.

I use private notes, normally “messaged, read, deleted”

And sometimes copy and paste the original message. So if I click on a profile after a couple of months, I can see they weren’t interested before.

I see your point, this is my solution to the issue

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
 
 

By *ull of PuddinWoman
6 weeks ago

isle of munters

If they've not been on in over 4 years why wouldn't you do the admin in your hotlist and remove them ?

I couldn't read all the post because I struggle to read block writing

I could only read that last bit

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote
Post new Message to Thread
back to top