Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Local updates feed changes

Jump to newest

By *j_mark OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

We've made two changes to how the updates feed work today 10th May 2013.

If you publish a verification to your profile that now shows on the updates feed.

This second change only applies if you're in Greater London (if that is your region on your profile). We're experimenting with proximity based selection to find who should show on the update feed.

Previously if you lived in Totteridge and Whetstone N20 (lets say), it would show anyone in an N postcode (but no one else) so you'd be missing out on all the fruity people in even closer EN (Enfield) postcodes, which N20 is right next to.

It now figures out who is nearby based on a radius around your own postcode, the same way advanced search works. It also shows approximate distances on the feed.

Feedback on 1 or 2 welcome

Admin x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Interesting updates!!

looking forward to my next veri now!

Cheers guys!

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

When you say "publish a verification" ...... Does this mean when you initially publish a new veri or anytime you display one that's been hidden.

Also, if only new ones is there a time limit on it....by that I mean eg: you upload a new pic as Private it won't show on news feeds.... you can then change it to public days later it still won't show on news feeds... Will veri's be the same as this??

To be honest I don't like the idea of veris being listed in the lical updates and would more than likely just keep any new ones hidden

over a year ago

"When you say "publish a verification" ...... Does this mean when you initially publish a new veri or anytime you display one that's been hidden.

Also, if only new ones is there a time limit on it....by that I mean eg: you upload a new pic as Private it won't show on news feeds.... you can then change it to public days later it still won't show on news feeds... Will veri's be the same as this??

To be honest I don't like the idea of veris being listed in the lical updates and would more than likely just keep any new ones hidden "

Just checked my local updates and it shows your user name, a green tick and the message "Displayed a new verification " - so I guess if you don't display it - the message won't appear in updates!

By *j_mark OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"When you say "publish a verification" ...... Does this mean when you initially publish a new veri or anytime you display one that's been hidden.

To be honest I don't like the idea of veris being listed in the lical updates and would more than likely just keep any new ones hidden "

Only shows new ones within 5 days if you show on profile.

We'd like to understand why showing in updates would change your decision on whether to show a verification or not. Feedback welcome

Admin x

over a year ago

I've just noticed the verification update I think it's very good will it also show up in friends and hotlist updates

By *j_mark OP   Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I've just noticed the verification update I think it's very good will it also show up in friends and hotlist updates "

Yes

Admin x

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"We'd like to understand why showing in updates would change your decision on whether to show a verification or not. Feedback welcome

Admin x"

Just for personal reasons. Getting the "why did you meet him when you won't meet me" and the "him and me are fb's don't meet him again" type messages that come sometimes... Having the veri info there on the updates just makes it easier for these people to know a new veri is there.... But if keeping it and not displaying it for 5 days stops it showing then it's not an issue.

over a year ago

I'd suggest an admin update to mention the profile publication change specifically for the reasons outlined previously. if only to point people in the direction of this thread and see the caveat about the 5 day rule.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

We'd like to understand why showing in updates would change your decision on whether to show a verification or not. Feedback welcome

Admin x"

just me... but I think it is a step too far..... I don't think it is needed.....

there is a difference is which the current status updates are made for public consumption... but I don't think all verifications are

why would i want to know if someone else had a meet......

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Admin x

just me... but I think it is a step too far..... I don't think it is needed.....

there is a difference is which the current status updates are made for public consumption... but I don't think all verifications are

why would i want to know if someone else had a meet...... "

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"

Admin x

Exactly most dont go looking for verifications on whos met who but if its flagged up each time someone meets it could be awkward for those who are meeting but choose not to display verifications but the people they are meeting do and yes i know they are on public display anyway but really dont see the need for the verifications to be highlighted in such a way

over a year ago

I really don't like this new feature

Is it going to be possible to opt out ?

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I really don't like this new feature

Is it going to be possible to opt out ? "

Wait over 5 days from receiving a veri to showing it

over a year ago

"I've just noticed the verification update I think it's very good will it also show up in friends and hotlist updates

Yes

Admin x"

If it shows up in hotlist thats an awesome idea!

We have some people we have hotlisted but aren't sure if they are real.

Least we get told when they get validated to have another look on them.

over a year ago

"

Admin x

why would i want to know if someone else had a meet...... Exactly most dont go looking for verifications on whos met who but if its flagged up each time someone meets it could be awkward for those who are meeting but choose not to display verifications but the people they are meeting do and yes i know they are on public display anyway but really dont see the need for the verifications to be highlighted in such a way "

over a year ago

Just noticed this and not sure it's a good idea. I'd say more of a bad thing than good. Just bringing the nosey stalkers out inforce. Far more important things to better this site than tell everyone who's doing who. Will get back to you when I think of the important things as its late and I've had a beer or two.

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Im not a fan of the veri's thing. Sorry admin.

Think veri's should be for those n those alone.

Theres enough noseyness as it is IMHO

over a year ago

Not a fan of the veri idea here either. Def think a message to every member is needed to highlight the 5 day opt out bit.

over a year ago

"I've just noticed the verification update I think it's very good will it also show up in friends and hotlist updates

Yes

Admin x

If it shows up in hotlist thats an awesome idea!

We have some people we have hotlisted but aren't sure if they are real.

Least we get told when they get validated to have another look on them.

"

My thoughts exactly!

And as for the 'stalker' comments - a liberal use of the block facility soon solves that!

By *issHottieBottieWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"

Admin x

I agree Fabio!!

Plus I'm not meeting currently BUT would meet a select few that I've already made contact with if the situation was possible and like a PP said would then get the 'but why not me' messages from others.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman
over a year ago

Deviant City

It doesn't really bother me now I know I can hide the veri for 5 days, so don't mind the changes x

over a year ago

Yes

Admin x"

It does not seem to show up in friends updates

Post new Message to Thread