Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Responses to posts

Jump to newest

By *oodleDee OP   Man
2 weeks ago

All over, mostly Hants.

In my books, good manners imply that everyone gets a response. I read several profiles stating “I’m busy, will not reply if…”. I find that so rude and doesn’t help newbies and foreigners. Why newbies? It helps to know what’s acceptable and what not. Why foreigners? Different countries, different cultures. What’s acceptable in A may not be acceptable in B.

Thoughts?

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
2 weeks ago

Newcastle

Hiya op

Each profile has a user which has their own rules as they are here for them just like me and you

Reply privately

By *ulieScrumptiousWoman
1 week ago

North West

When I have filters down the messages often come in faster than I can reply to them. Many of them being one word such as Hey or Hi. Do they really deserve a reply?

Anyway I look forward to you replying to everyone on this thread.

Reply privately

By *uliette500Woman
1 week ago

Hull

Read the FAQs on the site OP it clearly states not replying is not rude.

Not getting a reply is a reply in itself.

Nobody should feel they have to reply to anyone.

Also replying to someone stops them being blocked if I choose to put my filters up at a later date.

If I'm not interested I don't reply. If they keep messaging after I don't reply they get blocked.

Reply privately

By *oodleDee OP   Man
1 week ago

All over, mostly Hants.

"When I have filters down the messages often come in faster than I can reply to them. Many of them being one word such as Hey or Hi. Do they really deserve a reply?

Anyway I look forward to you replying to everyone on this thread. "

Don’t blame you. And did not wish to stir this badly. I the fact that you have replied here gives me consolation that profiles here are not all fiction.

Reply privately

By *oodleDee OP   Man
1 week ago

All over, mostly Hants.

"Read the FAQs on the site OP it clearly states not replying is not rude.

Not getting a reply is a reply in itself.

Nobody should feel they have to reply to anyone.

Also replying to someone stops them being blocked if I choose to put my filters up at a later date.

If I'm not interested I don't reply. If they keep messaging after I don't reply they get blocked."

Thanks for sharing the other side to it. I try to respond to anything I receive and perhaps it is something I will regret as a novice here. Thanks for taking your time to replay anyway

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

1 week ago

East Sussex

https://m.fabswingers.com/articles/FAQ

Hi

Check out the FAQs from the above. It'll help understand how things work on fab

Reply privately

By *aomilatteCouple
1 week ago

Midlands

"In my books, good manners imply that everyone gets a response. I read several profiles stating “I’m busy, will not reply if…”. I find that so rude and doesn’t help newbies and foreigners. Why newbies? It helps to know what’s acceptable and what not. Why foreigners? Different countries, different cultures. What’s acceptable in A may not be acceptable in B.

Thoughts?"

As you're new there are things about Fab you don't realise. Many don't take rejection kindly. Some who reply "thanks for your message but you're not for me" then receive abusive messages. So on Fab no reply is a polite "no thanks". Think of it like all the advertisement leaflets you get through your door, do you phone or message the double glazing company to say you're not interested?

Reply privately