Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

local updates update?

Jump to newest

By *oodmess OP   Man
over a year ago

yumsville

I realise this would mean an update of site layout facilities. Though is there anyway you can modify the local updates bit so we can delete people were not interested in? I.E have a delete option next to their news feed?

I only ask as for the last month in my local updates I have have obese couples/singles, tv's/cd/s which when they are uplading pics are frankly pretty ugly.

Ive nothing against weighter peeps or cd/tv's though the pics in my updates are not starting to make me wretch - and I have no intention of ever meeting them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oodmess OP   Man
over a year ago

yumsville

*now starting to..

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

If you block people you don't want to see they will stop appearing there after a few minutes

Admin x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

also if you remove TV's/couples etc from you "looking for" they will also be removed from the local updates.

By *oodmess OP   Man
over a year ago

yumsville

awwwwwwww ya just fantastic - many thanks, Im sure I dont have cd ticked - they must just have a couples profile but ill try the blocking option

Gracias!

By *oodmess OP   Man
over a year ago

yumsville

totally works - bless you

over a year ago

"I realise this would mean an update of site layout facilities. Though is there anyway you can modify the local updates bit so we can delete people were not interested in? I.E have a delete option next to their news feed?

I only ask as for the last month in my local updates I have have obese couples/singles, tv's/cd/s which when they are uplading pics are frankly pretty ugly.

Ive nothing against weighter peeps or cd/tv's though the pics in my updates are not starting to make me wretch - and I have no intention of ever meeting them?

"

I agree a hide this persons news feed would be great, or even better hide local updates altogether , mine is filled with the newbies that join on a Friday and leave on a sunday

By *oodmess OP   Man
over a year ago

yumsville

yeah I see seome of those too - but eye candy is eye candy

over a year ago

"I realise this would mean an update of site layout facilities. Though is there anyway you can modify the local updates bit so we can delete people were not interested in? I.E have a delete option next to their news feed?

I agree a hide this persons news feed would be great, or even better hide local updates altogether , mine is filled with the newbies that join on a Friday and leave on a sunday"

Then don't look. Friends updates is at top local updates is in middle and fabbed pics at end. I look at friends updates go back to top and then skip to fabbed pics missing out local updates. This I do on phone not sure if works same on main site.

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

I seem to remember a thread a few weeks ago where a similar thing was requested, either the ability to hide or remove one of the sections. Admin offered, as a solution, re-ordering the sections to be Friend updates, Hotlist updates, Fab'd photos and then Local updates, so that the sections of most interest were at the top. As I remember, the OP didn't respond to Admin's suggestion.

By *heRainManMan
over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

It was here:

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/help/141092

By *oodmess OP   Man
over a year ago

yumsville

I agree a hide this persons news feed would be great, or even better hide local updates altogether , mine is filled with the newbies that join on a Friday and leave on a sunday

Then don't look. Friends updates is at top local updates is in middle and fabbed pics at end. I look at friends updates go back to top and then skip to fabbed pics missing out local updates. This I do on phone not sure if works same on main site. "

errr - if "I dont look" how am I supposed to know if anyone is looking to meet? Not all people post 'meet todays' and instead just post a simple note in their status.

By *oodmess OP   Man
over a year ago

yumsville

"I seem to remember a thread a few weeks ago where a similar thing was requested, either the ability to hide or remove one of the sections. Admin offered, as a solution, re-ordering the sections to be Friend updates, Hotlist updates, Fab'd photos and then Local updates, so that the sections of most interest were at the top. As I remember, the OP didn't respond to Admin's suggestion."

irs sorted now anyway. Was done with the first reply, just block those you dont want updates from, and they dont appear in your news feed.

Simple and sorted cheers

over a year ago

"I seem to remember a thread a few weeks ago where a similar thing was requested, either the ability to hide or remove one of the sections. Admin offered, as a solution, re-ordering the sections to be Friend updates, Hotlist updates, Fab'd photos and then Local updates, so that the sections of most interest were at the top. As I remember, the OP didn't respond to Admin's suggestion."

Sadly the Hotlist updates are still right at the bottom, so you have to scroll thru the weird and wonky local updates still anyway.

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I seem to remember a thread a few weeks ago where a similar thing was requested, either the ability to hide or remove one of the sections. Admin offered, as a solution, re-ordering the sections to be Friend updates, Hotlist updates, Fab'd photos and then Local updates, so that the sections of most interest were at the top. As I remember, the OP didn't respond to Admin's suggestion.

Sadly the Hotlist updates are still right at the bottom, so you have to scroll thru the weird and wonky local updates still anyway.

"

There's a link at the top of the page that will take you straight down to hotlist updates

Admin x

over a year ago

Then don't look. Friends updates is at top local updates is in middle and fabbed pics at end. I look at friends updates go back to top and then skip to fabbed pics missing out local updates. This I do on phone not sure if works same on main site.

errr - if "I dont look" how am I supposed to know if anyone is looking to meet? Not all people post 'meet todays' and instead just post a simple note in their status. "

but you said you wanted to be able to hide local updates altogether so now I'm confused

over a year ago

errr - if "I dont look" how am I supposed to know if anyone is looking to meet? Not all people post 'meet todays' and instead just post a simple note in their status. but you said you wanted to be able to hide local updates altogether so now I'm confused "

Apologies , I read that wrong it wasn't you that said that sorry

Post new Message to Thread