Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Video verify by Admin/Mods

Jump to newest

By *i3p0 OP   Man
6 weeks ago

Elgin

I'm finding the verification system a bit restrictive, if I'm honest.

Have just had a fantastic social with a lovely lass from my local area who I found through the "who's near" page.

We want to leave Veris for each other, but neither of us are verified, despite having reasonably 'old' profiles.

I find it very restrictive that users can't get verified by the admin as 'real' people, yet we can be 'photo verified' and that doesn't provide a verification.

Would it not be possible to have a video submission for actual verification by the admins/mods?? Surely the purpose of Verification is to show that you're a real person and not a fake bot?

Having to meet with verified people already to get a verification yourself, or to use the forums and cam with someone to be verified is very restrictive, and with MANY Fabbers refusing to meet with non-verified users, getting an actual meet with a verified person is like finding cows wool.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ucka39Man
6 weeks ago

Newcastle

Hiya op

The meet verification are totally different from being site photo verified

As at the meet shows your personality and Extra

By *i3p0 OP   Man
6 weeks ago

Elgin

Yet so many on here swear by having a verification before they agree a meet with anyone...

Also, there's no way you can get even a hint of a person's personality and extra information from a quick verification saying that you've met someone in person and had some fun that you can't get from chatting to them via messages.

By *midnight-Woman
6 weeks ago

You could go into the chat rooms and ask if someone could verify you? There are plenty of quiet rooms

By *i3p0 OP   Man
6 weeks ago

Elgin

"You could go into the chat rooms and ask if someone could verify you? There are plenty of quiet rooms"

Thanks, I've considered this, but surely a 'by cam' verification is no different to my original suggestion of having the Admin verify a video with A4 paper or something showing your details on it.

By *teveanddebsCouple
6 weeks ago

Norwich

"You could go into the chat rooms and ask if someone could verify you? There are plenty of quiet rooms

Thanks, I've considered this, but surely a 'by cam' verification is no different to my original suggestion of having the Admin verify a video with A4 paper or something showing your details on it."

You're right it is the same and has the same value as veris go.

By *i3p0 OP   Man
6 weeks ago

Elgin

Thanks, hence my suggestion of it being made an option.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

6 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Thanks, hence my suggestion of it being made an option."

What benefit above and beyond a photo verification would a video one with admin be? It wouldn't be a 'meet'. It would just confirm what the photo verification does - that you are a certain gender.

Site admin are the owners. Mods are volunteers and there aren't that many. There's thousands of users and new profiles joining every day. How would that be managed time wise?

Every single profile - all of them - started out unverified. And yet the majority go on to meet others and get verified eventually.

If it wasn't possible to get a meet without that green tick, how did two unverified profiles manage it after being on site for a good length of time as you state?

By *i3p0 OP   Man
6 weeks ago

Elgin

[Removed by poster at 10/08/24 10:16:12]

By *i3p0 OP   Man
6 weeks ago

Elgin

"Thanks, hence my suggestion of it being made an option.

What benefit above and beyond a photo verification would a video one with admin be? It wouldn't be a 'meet'. It would just confirm what the photo verification does - that you are a certain gender.

Site admin are the owners. Mods are volunteers and there aren't that many. There's thousands of users and new profiles joining every day. How would that be managed time wise?

Every single profile - all of them - started out unverified. And yet the majority go on to meet others and get verified eventually.

If it wasn't possible to get a meet without that green tick, how did two unverified profiles manage it after being on site for a good length of time as you state? "

I think you misunderstand me.

Yes, of course it's possible for those with a green tick though photo verification, and indeed those without, to meet through here.

I'm talking about the verification left by others AFTER a meet/cam session that you can choose to display on your profile.

There are a growing number of users here who simply refuse to meet anyone without a meet verification, and thus those of us who DO have real meet experience but none of those verifications (and therefore can't verify anyone else) are treated as lower class users or fakes, through no fault of our own.

It's like a safari almost, trawling through the site to find somebody who IS fully verified (I'm not talking only photo verified here) and actually DOES want to meet and will verify you after so that you finally get that mark of trust on your profile "verified by: 1 person"

By *uliette500Woman
6 weeks ago

Hull

If it wasn't possible to get a meet without that green tick, how did two unverified profiles manage it after being on site for a good length of time as you state?

Yes, of course it's possible for those with a green tick though photo verification, and indeed those without, to meet through here.

I'm talking about the verification left by others AFTER a meet/cam session that you can choose to display on your profile.

There are a growing number of users here who simply refuse to meet anyone without a meet verification, and thus those of us who DO have real meet experience but none of those verifications (and therefore can't verify anyone else) are treated as lower class users or fakes, through no fault of our own.

It's like a safari almost, trawling through the site to find somebody who IS fully verified (I'm not talking only photo verified here) and actually DOES want to meet and will verify you after so that you finally get that mark of trust on your profile "verified by: 1 person""

Everyone on the site has been in the same position as you.

No point in admin doing another veri as it is no different to the photo one.

The point of a meet veri is to show you will turn up as arranged and you are who you say you are.

Sorry but you just have to do it the same way the rest of us did.

There's always the option of going to a social or a club and asking someone there to give you a veri.

By *teveanddebsCouple
6 weeks ago

Norwich

But getting a meet verification is very easy. Just look at all the threads whining about not having one. On every thread someone says "go to an organised social or a club"

By *teveanddebsCouple
6 weeks ago

Norwich

It's actually annoying when you find a well verified profile and then see that they are all cam veris which are pretty meaningless for men.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

6 weeks ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

It's like a safari almost, trawling through the site to find somebody who IS fully verified (I'm not talking only photo verified here) and actually DOES want to meet and will verify you after so that you finally get that mark of trust on your profile "verified by: 1 person""

I didn't misunderstand at all.

What's the difference between a photo verification, processed by a volunteer mod, and your idea of a video version also processed by admin/a mod? You've met neither of the people involved. It would be no different.

And you've already proved that people will meet those without a green tick.

Every single profile starts out the same. Unverified. I did, many moons ago.

Even with a green tick you still have to put the leg work in, ensure your profile is interesting and attractive to others and that your messages are good enough to generate initial interest.

By *ucka39Man
6 weeks ago

Newcastle

"Yet so many on here swear by having a verification before they agree a meet with anyone...

Also, there's no way you can get even a hint of a person's personality and extra information from a quick verification saying that you've met someone in person and had some fun that you can't get from chatting to them via messages."

Try using the meet section without any expectations just a social. You never know where it can lead. People can enjoy another's company but doesn't mean they'll jump in bed and accepting this

By *C44Man
6 weeks ago

Newbourne

Can one of you not just go on cams, get a cam veri and then mutually verify each other by meet after one of you gets the cam veri?

Post new Message to Thread