Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Local updates to be local

Jump to newest

By *inckguy OP   Man
6 weeks ago

Hinckley

Currently it's implemented by Regions which are very broad (it'd take c. 3 hours to travel to some parts of the region)

Also if you're on the edge of a region people really close by but in another region are excluded, so I often see local updates of people hours away but not people 20 mins away.

Can it not be done on mileage?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ucka39Man
6 weeks ago

Newcastle

Hiya op

Might be how you've got your settings because it's showing that you are 180 miles away

By *inckguy OP   Man
6 weeks ago

Hinckley

"Hiya op

Might be how you've got your settings because it's showing that you are 180 miles away "

Newcastle upon Tyne is about 180 miles from Hinckley, I don't get your point?

By *aomilatteCouple
6 weeks ago

Midlands

"Currently it's implemented by Regions which are very broad (it'd take c. 3 hours to travel to some parts of the region)

Also if you're on the edge of a region people really close by but in another region are excluded, so I often see local updates of people hours away but not people 20 mins away.

Can it not be done on mileage?"

It goes by the postcode someone puts on their profile. For example someone from Scotland could be visiting a club near you and temporarily put an LE postcode, they would then show up on your local updates.

By *inckguy OP   Man
6 weeks ago

Hinckley

"Currently it's implemented by Regions which are very broad (it'd take c. 3 hours to travel to some parts of the region)

Can it not be done on mileage?

It goes by the postcode someone puts on their profile. For example someone from Scotland could be visiting a club near you and temporarily put an LE postcode, they would then show up on your local updates. "

I know it decides what region I'm in based on postcode. So LE10 equals East Midlands. However Hinckley is surrounded on 3 sides by CV postcodes which are in the West Midlands so I might get a 'local update' from someone 2 hours away in the East Midlands but none from those 20 mins away in the West Midlands.

If done in a postcode radius it would work a lot better.

By *w214Couple
6 weeks ago

Wirral

I get it, it should be like the who's near function. Fab can access my phones location when I grant permission, do it that way.

By *emp-nosingWoman
1 week ago

PORT TALBOT

Please! A radius option would be great!

I live near two different post code regions and need to keep switching between them.

Having a radius from my location would be a much simpler option!

By *orny salesmanMan
1 week ago

Preston

Yes it would be good to see who's within a certain radius of your location or as l travel a lot close to motorway would be good

By *an1978Woman
4 days ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

I know what you mean, my postcode is LL, I'm only a few minutes from the next postcode area but my local updates is full of people two hours drive away on the north coast.

I just have a saved search of

People who match my preferences, within X miles of me, who are looking to meet a woman my age.

You then put the ones that take your fancy into your hottlist and you'll see their updates.

Not ideal but it helps.

By *ucka39Man
4 days ago

Newcastle

"Hiya op

Might be how you've got your settings because it's showing that you are 180 miles away

Newcastle upon Tyne is about 180 miles from Hinckley, I don't get your point?"

Adjust the distance (radius) which can be say for example 20 miles from you

By *ucka39Man
4 days ago

Newcastle

"Hiya op

Newcastle upon Tyne is about 180 miles from Hinckley, I don't get your point?

Adjust the distance (radius) which can be say for example 20 miles from you "

eg. "York", "Kettering", "YO8", "N12" are all OK

With 5/10/15/20 and so on miles

It below the postcode

By *an1978Woman
4 days ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

They mean the "local updates" feed.

That isn't based on nearby, but it seems the letter of the postcode.

I almost never see anyone local in it.

SY postcode for example goes right across to Aberystwyth which is nowhere near Shrewsbury

By *riendlyflirty2024Man
2 days ago

Grimsby

"They mean the "local updates" feed.

That isn't based on nearby, but it seems the letter of the postcode.

I almost never see anyone local in it.

SY postcode for example goes right across to Aberystwyth which is nowhere near Shrewsbury

"

Exactly how i read it too, i always see Doncaster people updates, cos our postcode in Doncaster but i go there like once or twice a year its almost an hour away.....

Post new Message to Thread