Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Idea for forums

Jump to newest

By *ilthythanet OP   Couple
over a year ago

ramsgate

I often wonder how many people have an opinion on a post in the forums but don't want to comment on it as it may change the way people view them or cause some bad feeling.

On some forums, there are buttons you can click on to agree or disagree (or like or dislike) with a comment. The BBC has an up and down arrow you can click on to give your feeling about what someone has posted.

When the button is clicked on, it adds to to the vote count (+ or -) but nobody can see who clicked what button, so it's anonymous.

It would allow people to show their opposition to a post without having to make a post themselves which often seems to degenerate in a slanging match. It would also allow people who make posts to better gauge the reaction to the opinions they have.

Any opinions?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

over a year ago

ramsgate

"

"

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

i have a lot of members who comment on posts by personal message lol cos some of their comments they dont wish to be made viewable by whole site

over a year ago

ramsgate

"i have a lot of members who comment on posts by personal message lol cos some of their comments they dont wish to be made viewable by whole site "

Exactly. I think sometimes people want to show they agree with posts, without everybody knowing they agree!

over a year ago

Good idea!!

And you got a thumbs up from the owners - could be a sign of things to come!!

In the meantime - here's my thumbs up!

over a year ago

+1

Post new Message to Thread