Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

inactive profiles

Jump to newest

By *wabbit OP   Man
over a year ago

grimsby

just a suggestion

how about removing iinactiove profiles

I would say if soem one has not been online within say 4 weesk I would say the profile is inactive

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We have had a thread on this, but I cant find it at the moment.

You cant just do that because people are away for many reasons, servicemen in Afganistan for many months, people in hospital, or on holidays, someone mentioned that it should be three months because that is the length of time a visa for holidaying abroad is, [I wouldnt know]

My view was, after a certain period of time,...say a month, the profile could then be hidden, so that it didnt appear in searches,... it could be deleted at say a year.

S&A

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

We'll prob do what sugar says, hide inactive from searches but leave accounts for much longer

By *teveTamNWCouple
over a year ago

north liverpool

we think that would be a good idea after a month, the profile could then be suspended, so that it didn't appear in searches,... think deleting in a year.is to long as its a very long time for so called unused profiles that just chok-up site and get in way of searches

over a year ago

We holiday longer than a month at a time each year.... Does that make us inactive then??

Nahhh Bad idea all round.. Never happen lol..

Easy to see who is active inactive anyway.. says when last logged in as it is!!

Mike and Ju xx

over a year ago

Maybe a search option (tick box), only search profiles who have been online say in the last month (time, is up to consensus).

After all if your away for say 6 weeks, i'm pretty sure you will log in and see what been happening, thus flagging up your profile as active...

By *teveTamNWCouple
over a year ago

north liverpool

lucky guys being able to holiday for more than a month in this climate hehehe

point taken about people that r away 4 over a month woz not saying u guys where inactive but do feel that something should be done about all unused profiles clogging up site. We been member of over swinger sites and seen how they went

Nahhh not a Bad idea just needs tweaking Never say it wont happen well hope not for your sakes hehehehe lol

over a year ago

Re: inactive profiles slowing up searches and similar comments:

We (like any experienced players) could (but won't) name any number of sites, all of which charge for mailing facilities, typically all claim to be "the biggest and best", and which routinely do some/all of the following:

1) Never hide/remove profiles, no matter how long (and we're talking decades in some cases) they've been inactive;

2) Take no action to out multiple profiles posted by one the same user(s);

2) Use 'bots / fake profiles to mail genuine members to "encourage" them to upgrade (i.e. pay to e-mail back);

4) Make it impossible to completely delete a profile upon leaving / hide a profile while inactive;

5) Retain pictures off genuine profiles and then re-use them on fake ones / 'bots once the genuine members have left;

Apart from, to call a spade a spade, scamming people, all of the above "magically" multiplies their claimed number of "active users" many times.

To put it bluntly, there seems to be a lot of bellyaching about this site, which charges nothing and employs none of the underhand tactics listed above.

over a year ago

I think hotmail has 90 days, that seems a fair amount of time to me. All you would need to do is log in to reset the timer.

Although to be honest if you haven't checked in over a month theres little chance of it leading anywhere.

Post new Message to Thread