Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Blocked from sending messages?

Jump to newest

By *iss Fuego OP   Woman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

Just got a temporary ban and unable to reply to messages (DMs not on forums). Completely baffled as apart from either chatting with people or sending polite 'thanks but no thanks' messages I have not sent anything offensive, rude or off limits. Anyone else experienced this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Yes lots of people. It will be a word/phrase/sentance that will have done it. Ad the pop up says the block will be lifted after two hours

By *iss Fuego OP   Woman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

"Yes lots of people. It will be a word/phrase/sentance that will have done it. Ad the pop up says the block will be lifted after two hours"

Cheers. Is there a list somewhere of what is likely to generate a ban?

By *idden Gem69Woman
over a year ago

north lanarkshire

"Yes lots of people. It will be a word/phrase/sentance that will have done it. Ad the pop up says the block will be lifted after two hours

Cheers. Is there a list somewhere of what is likely to generate a ban? "

There isnt as people would just use it to get around talking about banned stuff lol

By *WINGStars23Couple
over a year ago

Chorley, & East Lanc's

"Just got a temporary ban and unable to reply to messages (DMs not on forums). Completely baffled as apart from either chatting with people or sending polite 'thanks but no thanks' messages I have not sent anything offensive, rude or off limits. Anyone else experienced this?"
were you in the chatrooms by any chance? Sometimes mods ask you to do things and when you decline they put a ban on your profile. That happened to us once.

By *udeNTw1stedMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

"were you in the chatrooms by any chance? Sometimes mods ask you to do things and when you decline they put a ban on your profile. That happened to us once."

The OP was on about messages, not the chatroom.

The chat mods won't ask you to do anything.

They will however remind you of the chat rules if you have gone outside of those rules.

By *idden Gem69Woman
over a year ago

north lanarkshire

"Just got a temporary ban and unable to reply to messages (DMs not on forums). Completely baffled as apart from either chatting with people or sending polite 'thanks but no thanks' messages I have not sent anything offensive, rude or off limits. Anyone else experienced this? were you in the chatrooms by any chance? Sometimes mods ask you to do things and when you decline they put a ban on your profile. That happened to us once."

What a load of rubbish

By *iss Fuego OP   Woman
over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

"were you in the chatrooms by any chance? Sometimes mods ask you to do things and when you decline they put a ban on your profile. That happened to us once.

They will however remind you of the chat rules if you have gone outside of those rules. "

Have never been in a chat room. Just a run of the mill message. Note a single word I haven't typed on here before.

Cannot understand it ...every time I try to message I get another 2 hr ban

Thanks for responses tho

By *idden Gem69Woman
over a year ago

north lanarkshire

"were you in the chatrooms by any chance? Sometimes mods ask you to do things and when you decline they put a ban on your profile. That happened to us once.

They will however remind you of the chat rules if you have gone outside of those rules.

Have never been in a chat room. Just a run of the mill message. Note a single word I haven't typed on here before.

Thanks for responses tho "

It could be a website?? Check ur wording

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Just got a temporary ban and unable to reply to messages (DMs not on forums). Completely baffled as apart from either chatting with people or sending polite 'thanks but no thanks' messages I have not sent anything offensive, rude or off limits. Anyone else experienced this? were you in the chatrooms by any chance? Sometimes mods ask you to do things and when you decline they put a ban on your profile. That happened to us once.

What a load of rubbish"

It isn't. If a mod has asked you to stop doing something in chat and you ignore them, then a mod can ban you for that.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"

To be fair they may do, if you are doing something that you shouldn't you can be asked to stop.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Thanks for responses tho "

It could be a word you are using in all innocence but will be something that others use for another reason and is on a block that Admin have implemented. All you can do is go through what you are trying to say to see if there are any words that can be used in a less favourable setting

By *rivervaderMan
over a year ago

bolton

It could be somebody who you said no to that has reported you for being offensive

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"It could be somebody who you said no to that has reported you for being offensive "

It isn't that

By *ackbydemandMan
over a year ago

Leicester

Certain words may be hit by algorithms rather than people and may have been innocent.

Don't sweat about it.

By *lowercandyWoman
over a year ago

Lancashire

Just wait for the time to expire

Post new Message to Thread