Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Sending Videos in Messages.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What do you think? Received our first unwanted fuck video today, it's not a feature I think we should all be subscribed to, we should be able to accept a video someone wants to send before we actually see it, or be able to opt out?

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Well it's a great idea but after hearing about the unexpected cock pictures now will receive in video format but as you say should be an option to opt out

Reply privately

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

I really want the option to opt out at least.

Reply privately

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Do they autoplay, or are they just there below the text and only play when you click on them?

Reply privately

By *ady CurvaceousWoman
over a year ago

Kent

"Do they autoplay, or are they just there below the text and only play when you click on them?"

You have to press play but are still subjected to the still image

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

It was obvious that they would be misused.

Most women I know hate the idea of this feature already as they are already inundated with unwanted cocks.

I'm suprised Fab is so blind to what the customers want.

'Please' just make this and all features optional! It's really not hard.

Even better for this would be to specify which people can send you them, but that would be a fair bit harder.

Reply privately

By *idden Gem69Woman
over a year ago

north lanarkshire

"I really want the option to opt out at least."

Me too

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Would be great if was a filter to turn on/off pictures or videos via message settings just a switch on/off

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The opt out option should be there by overwhelming demand

Reply privately

over a year ago

My videos still failed

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Or videos only for site supporter

Reply privately

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

"Or videos only for site supporter "

Isn’t that already the case?

Reply privately

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

"Or videos only for site supporter

Isn’t that already the case?"

Dunno

Reply privately

By *idden Gem69Woman
over a year ago

north lanarkshire

"Or videos only for site supporter "

You need to be a site supporter to upload a video

Reply privately

By *ouseofhoneyCouple
over a year ago

North West

Another good feature as long as it works with your settings....ie no single males or couples only etc that you can recieve them from.

Reply privately

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"I really want the option to opt out at least.

Me too "

This should be standard.

Reply privately

By *rs BxxWoman
over a year ago

Chippenham, Wiltshire.

Been inundated with cock videos this morning. Certainly wish it was an option to turn off.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It was obvious that they would be misused.

Most women I know hate the idea of this feature already as they are already inundated with unwanted cocks.

Even better for this would be to specify which people can send you them, but that would be a fair bit harder."

Reply privately

By *uliette500Woman
over a year ago

Hull

"It was obvious that they would be misused.

Even better for this would be to specify which people can send you them, but that would be a fair bit harder."

I think the issue is ever since videos were added to the site people have been asking to be able to send via pm.

I think video messaging has its place and some may like it but I agree there should be options.

Maybe even an option to opt out of receiving them or even for friends only to be able to send rather than open to everyone.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Another good feature as long as it works with your settings....ie no single males or couples only etc that you can recieve them from.

"

If you have your filters set to no mail from certain genders then they can't send you mail at all

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/06/22 09:45:33]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Or videos only for site supporter

Isn’t that already the case?"

Yes that's how it works only site supporters can view videos sent in messages, we tested it with a couple of non supporter friends and all they see is the thumbnail image

Reply privately

By *wifty555Man
over a year ago

Doncaster

Brilliant idea, it’s only like a pic sent if you have to press on it to play ?

Reply privately

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

I like it. Since the history time, you are gonna pics you never asked for, but not having the option to send them? So it was obvious the same would happen with videos. I understand how some would like an opt out option, if you did they would just attach a pic or 34 to a message. Is it like when you get message and says a video is attached? Just don't open it..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Doesn’t work to allow me to send.

Btw I’m a you ask me type of guy. I send on request

Reply privately

By *oroRick1027Man
over a year ago

The Boro

Maybe, if you could only send them to friends?

Reply privately

By *an1978Woman
over a year ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

The option doesn't show for me?

It says "add photo or video" but when I click it it only gives me an option to add a direct photo.

Can we not send direct video?

Or do we need to upload one for approval first.

Reply privately

By *uliette500Woman
over a year ago

Hull

"The option doesn't show for me?

It says "add photo or video" but when I click it it only gives me an option to add a direct photo.

"

I has to be uploaded for approval first, you could upload as a private video though if you only wanted to send it to one person but I agree it is a bit of a faff having to upload first.

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"I like it. Since the history time, you are gonna pics you never asked for, but not having the option to send them? So it was obvious the same would happen with videos. I understand how some would like an opt out option, if you did they would just attach a pic or 34 to a message. Is it like when you get message and says a video is attached? Just don't open it.."

There should really be an opt out on getting images in messages too.

I mean... why not? I can't see any reason why we wouldn't have these options that plenty of people would want.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I like it. Since the history time, you are gonna pics you never asked for, but not having the option to send them? So it was obvious the same would happen with videos. I understand how some would like an opt out option, if you did they would just attach a pic or 34 to a message. Is it like when you get message and says a video is attached? Just don't open it..

I mean... why not? I can't see any reason why we wouldn't have these options that plenty of people would want. "

Think we’re being a bit negative here. It’s surely a useful option to allow videos to be attached to videos but adding multiple opt outs will presumably take a fair bit of programming so give Fab a break.

It’s a very function rich site already!

Don’t really understand why people seem so desperate for opt outs anyway?

You already get multiple cock shots on the stills and haven’t seen too many complaints about these so why the big deal re videos? Videos can be much more informative as you can often hear words and see action.

Similarly to opt out of images altogether makes it more difficult to filter in my view as many Fab members don’t have many (any!) decent shots on their public photos so often send additional shots attached to their messages.

Fine if you want to opt out but find it surprising that many would want to.

Reply privately

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/06/22 13:16:21]

Reply privately

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

I has to be uploaded for approval first, you could upload as a private video though if you only wanted to send it to one person but I agree it is a bit of a faff having to upload first. "

I haven't/won't test it, but is this how it works? Any video sent privately must be approved first?

Reply privately

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

I has to be uploaded for approval first, you could upload as a private video though if you only wanted to send it to one person but I agree it is a bit of a faff having to upload first.

I haven't/won't test it, but is this how it works? Any video sent privately must be approved first?"

Yes, that's how pics used to be. Sending a "direct pic" is a recent addition, and the facility has not yet been extended to video

Reply privately

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

I haven't/won't test it, but is this how it works? Any video sent privately must be approved first?

Yes, that's how pics used to be. Sending a "direct pic" is a recent addition, and the facility has not yet been extended to video"

Thank you for informing me.

That would seem to present a potential problem: unmodded videos could be anything; frankly, a dick video would be the absolute least concern.

Reply privately

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Yes, that's how pics used to be. Sending a "direct pic" is a recent addition, and the facility has not yet been extended to video

That would seem to present a potential problem: unmodded videos could be anything; frankly, a dick video would be the absolute least concern."

True, although they wouldn't auto play. The recipient has to choose to make the thumbnail play, which means unsolicited videos can be ignored in exactly the same way unsolicited pics can currently.

The wider question of whether to prevent unsolicited ANYTHING remains.

Reply privately

over a year ago

All it would take, to please everyone, is an opt in/opt out for images and videos.

Simples.

I can’t believe that isn’t a feature on a site if this nature.

Reply privately

By *skaway!Man
over a year ago

South East.

"Do they autoplay, or are they just there below the text and only play when you click on them?

You have to press play but are still subjected to the still image "

That means you don’t have to play it ? Just delete it if it’s unsolicited !

Reply privately

over a year ago

that will be us blocking even more people

Reply privately

By *ockosaurusMan
over a year ago

Warwick

"I like it. Since the history time, you are gonna pics you never asked for, but not having the option to send them? So it was obvious the same would happen with videos. I understand how some would like an opt out option, if you did they would just attach a pic or 34 to a message. Is it like when you get message and says a video is attached? Just don't open it..

I mean... why not? I can't see any reason why we wouldn't have these options that plenty of people would want.

Think we’re being a bit negative here. It’s surely a useful option to allow videos to be attached to videos but adding multiple opt outs will presumably take a fair bit of programming so give Fab a break.

It’s a very function rich site already!

Don’t really understand why people seem so desperate for opt outs anyway?

You already get multiple cock shots on the stills and haven’t seen too many complaints about these so why the big deal re videos? Videos can be much more informative as you can often hear words and see action.

Similarly to opt out of images altogether makes it more difficult to filter in my view as many Fab members don’t have many (any!) decent shots on their public photos so often send additional shots attached to their messages.

Fine if you want to opt out but find it surprising that many would want to.

"

Opting out of things (and generally more control over your account) has been asked for loads in the past, and it wouldn't be that difficult to do.

In this case, they already stop non-subscribers getting videos so part of the checking is already done, they just also need to check a flag.

Yes, the site is feature rich, but many of the features are poorly thought out or incomplete (i.e. Fab a meet? Why? It does nothing!, ll"Hot Photos", now having videos, but still called "Hot Photos"? A quick rename would make it make more sense).

Rather than add more features, the time would be better spent fixing existing ones, or planning new ones probably.

You may not see the desire for the options and that's fine, but others do. Having an option would make absolutely no difference to you, but would improve the other users experience. So I see no real argument against it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That would seem to present a potential problem: unmodded videos could be anything; frankly, a dick video would be the absolute least concern."

Reply privately

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

I mean... why not? I can't see any reason why we wouldn't have these options that plenty of people would want. "

Same with them. It shows there is a pic or vid attached before you even open it. So dont open it, but then how would anyone attach a face pic, as most profiles insite on one with the first message, then if i wanted a few facepics of them i opt back in? Being blocked from sending a pic or vid wont stop anyone from messaging. It does show they attached one tho. If you opt out pics or vids what happens you wanna face pic or something.

For such a great site and for the amount we pay..

Reply privately

By *essieLove_xWoman
over a year ago

Poole

I like it. Although they don't always play

Reply privately

By *hatCoupleNextDoorCouple
over a year ago

nearby

we arent bothered either way! pros and cons!

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Pics and videos uploaded to the site are moderated

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unlike a picture where as you open up messages, it's there in its full glory.

The video needs to be pressed to play, so in that sense a better option as it can be ignored.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it's a good thing, with consent, ie they know it's coming

Reply privately

By *ighty_tightyMan
over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

You don't even need an opt in or out feature, just don't allow pics or vids with a first message!

Reply privately

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

"You don't even need an opt in or out feature, just don't allow pics or vids with a first message!"

ErmI think that is what is ment by "Opt out" lol.Even if there was such an opt out thing im sure we would find the same p;eople moaning someone diddng attach a face pic in their message.

Which is clearly there in clause 1:127

of their profile whch demands a face pic but they opted out so...

Reply privately

By *toC Thats MeWoman
over a year ago

Sheffield

Would like the option to opt out. I’m never going to send a video in a message…so I certainly don’t want to receive them.

Reply privately

By *ormalguy71Man
over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Not really qualified to comment, don't usually get mail so can't see me getting video mail lol

Reply privately

By *orraine999Woman
over a year ago

Somewhere

My videos keep failing when I’m trying to send.

Reply privately

By *eeJMan
over a year ago

Warrington

All those moaning about receiving videos need a wake up call for what sort of website they’re on

Reply privately