Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Block notifications

Jump to newest

By *ants Horse Hung Cock OP   Man
over a year ago

co durham

Recently I have been blocked by a lovely lady who I have been friends with for a long time. I had to get a friend on here to message her to ask if I was blocked by accident and she didnt realise, which I was.

As this may have happened to many other people. I was thinking that if you or someone blocks you, then an automatic email is sent to both parties informing of the block? And what about an option when blocking people to say why theyre blicked? Such as abusive/ not compatible/ not interested/ harassing? Could be used to kick abusive people off after so many abusive blocks?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

co durham

This would help stop accidental blocks.

Ive been blocked many timea after a good conversation with no reason as far as I can tell. Not saying it happens all the time

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

If someone is abusive, they're reported and it can be verified they will be warned and if they're repeat offenders eventually have their account disabled.

By *ustBoWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

When you block someone your Blocklist shows immediately with them on it so even if I hit the button by accident I can see I blocked them and hit unblock.So no I haven't ever blocked anyone by accident. I have blocked people I have chatted to when they start to make me feel uncomfortable with their comments.

And this is not directed at the op as I don't know him it's just my experience on here.

By *idden Gem69Woman
over a year ago

north lanarkshire

"When you block someone your Blocklist shows immediately with them on it so even if I hit the button by accident I can see I blocked them and hit unblock.So no I haven't ever blocked anyone by accident. I have blocked people I have chatted to when they start to make me feel uncomfortable with their comments.

And this is not directed at the op as I don't know him it's just my experience on here. "

this

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Trouble is, if you block someone by accident, unless you go through your block list from time to time, you are very unlikely to know you've done it.

Do YOU check your block list? I very rarely look at mine.

And being notified that you have been blocked and by whom isn't a lot of use, because you can't contact them to tell them it's a mistake. (No point in blocking if you can still contact them )

over a year ago

"

Ive been blocked many timea after a good conversation with no reason as far as I can tell. Not saying it happens all the time"

If you’re saying you’ve been blocked many times surely they can’t all be accidental?

And I wouldn’t recommend getting a third party to contact the person who blocked you on your behalf.

We would not be happy if someone tried to contact us like this if we’d blocked them.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Contacting others who blocked you, using an intermediary could be deemed breaking site rules, so be very careful what you do.

I think it's unworkable and inappropriate, to get full justification of why another has blocked you, similar to a shopper satisfaction survey. It's a very private decision by the person doing the blocking and they shouldn't be facing having to justify it, in my opinion. It's personal for the blocker and may signify nothing more than a personal preference to remove contact and viewing options from others. They may find that their volume of contacts is too high and want a much lighter load.

Perhaps users could optionally add some categorisation and the blocked users could get summary reports, based on multiple users who have blocked them.

Unfortunately, there are too many people who take offence to the choices that others make, as well as too many who endeavour to cause problems for others, including stalking them. For those reasons, it's sensible for the power and control, including details of personal reasons etc, to be retained privately by the blocking user.

Mistakes can and will happen, including caused by a site that may occasionally have glitches. This has to be balanced by the need to protect the safety and privacy of users here. We just have to accept that sometimes things won't be exactly as we'd like them to be. Some people block none or very few people, others have hundreds blocked, potentially driven by their high inbox loads, from unmatched users, who they may block, to prevent any future contact. Whilst this strays from being about friends being offloaded and potentially blocked, the whole interconnected components that support connections here, do have interplay, that can influence others.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

Accidentally blocked? That's a new one on me and I've been on here in one shape or form since 2008.

We'd hate for people to know we'd blocked them. We use the block button as a permanent filter when looking at profiles if we see ones we'd never be interested in. Saves us time as they no longer appear in searches and likewise we wouldn't in theirs.

As for people knowing why they're blocked? Hell no. Absolutely none of their business. Likewise if someone blocks us that's their right and we wouldn't be the slightest bit interested as to why.

A

over a year ago

co durham

"

Ive been blocked many timea after a good conversation with no reason as far as I can tell. Not saying it happens all the time

If you’re saying you’ve been blocked many times surely they can’t all be accidental?

And I wouldn’t recommend getting a third party to contact the person who blocked you on your behalf.

We would not be happy if someone tried to contact us like this if we’d blocked them."

I only used a third party this once as the lady is a friend. She admitted it was by accident instead of blocking someone else and therefore didnt realise. As someone mentioned above, you need to review your block list, which I cant imagine everyone does. Just thought a message notification saying you blocked x may be useful?

over a year ago

co durham

"Trouble is, if you block someone by accident, unless you go through your block list from time to time, you are very unlikely to know you've done it.

Do YOU check your block list? I very rarely look at mine.

And being notified that you have been blocked and by whom isn't a lot of use, because you can't contact them to tell them it's a mistake. (No point in blocking if you can still contact them )

"

First 2 sentances was what I was getting at

Once blocked you cant message back, just a notification. Maybe just to the blocker and not the blockee?

over a year ago

No, in so many ways it could be abused and result in some real grief being handed out. Your thinking is good but needs more work. If you get an ideal solution then we'll back it.

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman
over a year ago

Coalville

I’m comfortable with how it is currently and find the system very reliable when used in conjunction with mail filters too. I haven’t mistakenly blocked anyone and if I’d blocked someone and they then contacted me through a third party I would report both accounts. I also don’t feel the need to give a reason regarding blocking. This is a site where contact is continued based on preferences and consent. If I withdraw my consent that’s all that’s needed surely?

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I strongly believe that 99% of blocks are deliberate, so creating a bunch of comms to cover the 1% would be disproportionate

over a year ago

co durham

"No, in so many ways it could be abused and result in some real grief being handed out. Your thinking is good but needs more work. If you get an ideal solution then we'll back it."

How can this be abused? Its just a notification. Its just an idea, which I thought was simple and a few lines of code.

By *anchester_gentMan
over a year ago

Cheshire / Manchester border

If you get blocked…. Move on.

If it was an accident then that’s a real shame, but it must be about as rare as a lottery win, given the notification via Block list which appears on the blocker’s screen after they block someone.

No need for spam messages. And if I block someone I really don’t need them to know about it. Nor do I need to justify it.

over a year ago

co durham

"If you get blocked…. Move on.

If it was an accident then that’s a real shame, but it must be about as rare as a lottery win, given the notification via Block list which appears on the blocker’s screen after they block someone.

No need for spam messages. And if I block someone I really don’t need them to know about it. Nor do I need to justify it. "

I must he in line to win the lottery then! I was genuinly blocked by accident and my friend admitted to that.

Maybe if you block a friend, you should be asked to confirm first?

Post new Message to Thread