Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Friends Requests

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why isn't there a function to turn these off? It seems like such a massively obvious benefit to the site, so why hasn't it been implemented? Will it ever be? It would certainly make people feel less bombarded. I'm amazed its not an option yet...thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

Never seen it proposed before but like it

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Never seen it proposed before but like it "

Defo a from me

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Why isn't there a function to turn these off? It seems like such a massively obvious benefit to the site, so why hasn't it been implemented? Will it ever be? It would certainly make people feel less bombarded. I'm amazed its not an option yet...thoughts? "

Could you just not check the friend request page?

If you only ever want to initiate the invite then that would seem one way?

Admin x

over a year ago

"Why isn't there a function to turn these off? It seems like such a massively obvious benefit to the site, so why hasn't it been implemented? Will it ever be? It would certainly make people feel less bombarded. I'm amazed its not an option yet...thoughts?

Could you just not check the friend request page?

If you only ever want to initiate the invite then that would seem one way?

Admin x"

What if you never initiate friend requests, as in my case? You should at least have the option to switch friends requests off if you wish not to receive them. They are detrimental to the site in my opinion, especially as a single female often gets a large unsolicited amount each day. Shame you won't do it as a lot of people I've spoken to have given the thumbs up to it, (and ironically it plays a big part in why I'm closing my account.) oh well

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

think they're quite a key part of the site and the build up to a meet

you could just turn off notifications and ignore them, they won't pop up anywhere and you shouldn't notice them apart from the count on the 'my account' tab

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

"think they're quite a key part of the site and the build up to a meet

"

are you suggesting that getting a friends invite out of the blue from a profile registered 100's miles away that bears no resemblence to the preferences stated on your profile , which has itself no pics showing in either public or private galleries ... is a flirtation that will entice you to meet??

over a year ago

After thinking about it I suppose it would be too one-sided to implement. I'll just have to completely ignore them.

over a year ago

we used to delete unwanted friend requests and winks but as soon as you do, they can re-request or re-wink

so we just leave them ignored so that they cannot be resent

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

"we used to delete unwanted friend requests and winks but as soon as you do, they can re-request or re-wink

so we just leave them ignored so that they cannot be resent "

not sure about invites , but , am sure that even if undeleted , they can wink again after 30 days - would be good if Admin x could confirm/deny that

over a year ago

Why is it such an issue? Just ignore them.

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

well if they are genuinely interested then they'd have to send a message - and if just the random chancers then they'd be thrwarted

over a year ago

"we used to delete unwanted friend requests and winks but as soon as you do, they can re-request or re-wink

Me too

over a year ago

just delete them ........... its not that hard

over a year ago

I hadn't realised that failing that, just block them

By *uckscouple2007Couple
over a year ago

Bucks

"just delete them ........... its not that hard "

do you mean delete the request ... or block the sender?

as if you delete the request, or wink, then they can resend at their leisure

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I don't see how its a problem really just don't take any notice of the friends invite section unless you've been chatting to someone and you're expecting one from them

To get disgruntled about ones that are out of your criteria or from 100s of miles aways suggests that you look and take notice of them,if you hate them that much they're easy to ignore

over a year ago

"I don't see how its a problem really just don't take any notice of the friends invite section unless you've been chatting to someone and you're expecting one from them

To get disgruntled about ones that are out of your criteria or from 100s of miles aways suggests that you look and take notice of them,if you hate them that much they're easy to ignore "

Personally I just delete random requests unless they persistently do it in which case I block them

over a year ago

Delete/block or ignore problem solved simples.

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

Great idea and what about being able to limit who can actually send requests..to who you actually want or are interested in?

Post new Message to Thread