Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

A more focused location

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When searching the meets or profiles using the options (South East for example), I’m often provided a search return of meets/profiles that are quite some distance away.

I believe that the areas are too general and having a more focused area search would help site members.

Could we have the search (and maybe profile location) a lot more selective, say by county?

I did suggest this a couple of years ago and it had much support from other users so I am surprised that the site creators never took it on board.

Thanks

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I agree it should be more refined

By *astmale123Man
over a year ago

Parkhead Glasgow

Yeah i agree, the category for Scotland is just laughable... I am really wanting to travel 4 hours up to Aberdeen from Glasgow for a 5 minute quickie.. Nope

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Fed up with the number of times this has been suggested. The areas are way too large. East Midlands stretches from South Yorkshire to the outskirts of London. I suspect though there are technical difficulties because all profiles will have selected these larger areas initially and its likely that there's not a guarantee field on the form that everyone filled in to make it possible to resort without missing people. Unless they introduces a New field ie post code or county in addition to the current ones and told everyone to amend their profiles and fill in this new field that could then be used to resort and redefine the areas. I suspect that theres too much advances coding involved making outing it on the "too difficult" category.

By *ante.StrifeMan
over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds

Agreed. In the chat room there are more specific area rooms so why can't they do the same for profiles? E.g. East Anglia chat room but closest thing is east midlands which is too large an area!

By *ucka39Man
over a year ago

Newcastle

Things only work if people give permission for their location and not everyone wants to because of privacy and stalkers

By *amantha TSWoman
over a year ago

Swindon

A more refined search area isn't going to generate more meets, it's only going to show you less meets as there's a narrower filter to put them in.

With the way things stand at least you can scroll and see what's going on around you, even if that is a 4 hour drive away for some. But the meets closest to you should be in that list.

If anything I'd prefer a distance based search based on my location as I currently have 3 "areas" I could meet with under an hours drive away (South West, South East and Wales). But as a lot of people are visiting places and put a meet up they don't know or want to advertise their exact location, so this wouldn't work either.

I'm happy with the current system. It works well enough.

By *imi_RougeWoman
over a year ago

Portsmouth

County would be a great idea

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple
over a year ago

Somerset

"County would be a great idea"
it depends on the county. We could be in Bath and North East Somerset in 10 minutes, Wiltshire in the same, South Glos in 40 minutes, Bristol in 50 minutes but is would take two hours to get to the furthest reaches of Somerset, the county in which we live.

By *dysseusukMan
over a year ago

Chelmsford

For profiles, you can search by postcode and enter any distance, so that is completely flexible. And if you check the meets box, it will filter only those looking to meet today. Am i missing something?

By *andi_kinkygramTV/TS
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"For profiles, you can search by postcode and enter any distance, so that is completely flexible. And if you check the meets box, it will filter only those looking to meet today. Am i missing something?"

I was thinking same, and there is also the who is near option too.

Cx

By *amantha TSWoman
over a year ago

Swindon

Looking to meet today isn't the same as a posted meet, but is another option.

Post new Message to Thread