Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Fabswingers.com site feedback

Filters

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know I know, the whole point of being on here and having a visable profile is to meet people.

Having had a 6 month break from fabs though, coming back and starting a new profile has really been a refresher.

Would it be possible to have an option to allow only a certain amount of mails per day?

Say for example an auto message when someone has like 60 emails unread in the inbox (the number is flexible)

As when I've got more than 20 emails I do kind of feel put off and being online (ie reading the forums) increases the number coming into the inbox.

I am not tech minded so I dont know if its possible but a simple auto message to say 'this profile has recieved an excessive number of messages, please try later/ another day'

This would really help me, I avoid logging on at weekends mostly as the mails I then have to go through is daunting,

just an idea

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I know what you mean , I once ended up in tears because I had so many messages one day and as quick as I was replying I got another new one. I now have it on profile I dont answer all messages but what I would really like is to be able to come online but have the option to show as off line to be able to message just those I want to at time.

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I know I know, the whole point of being on here and having a visable profile is to meet people.

Having had a 6 month break from fabs though, coming back and starting a new profile has really been a refresher.

Would it be possible to have an option to allow only a certain amount of mails per day?

Say for example an auto message when someone has like 60 emails unread in the inbox (the number is flexible)

As when I've got more than 20 emails I do kind of feel put off and being online (ie reading the forums) increases the number coming into the inbox.

I am not tech minded so I dont know if its possible but a simple auto message to say 'this profile has recieved an excessive number of messages, please try later/ another day'

This would really help me, I avoid logging on at weekends mostly as the mails I then have to go through is daunting,

just an idea "

If you feel you've got too many mails coming in and want a break just increase your filters for a while until you're through e.g. only accept mails from verified AND supporters AND not newbies AND with pics AND from a very small age range

Don't forget you can also hide your profile via privacy page

http://www.fabswingers.com/my/privacy

Which will help while you want to remain under the radar

Not ideal but we'll have a look at doing something better down the line

Admin x

over a year ago

"Not ideal but we'll have a look at doing something better down the line

Admin x"

I do hope something can be done in the near future, it can be frustrating ....so frustrating we've maxed our filters lol

over a year ago

wish i could get that amount of messages lol

it must be a real pain for you ladies

and you replied in a very nice way to mine

i wonder how long it would take you to reply everyone if you wanted to

xxxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive got my filters set quite high and it has cut down the amount of messages. Also as a "newbie" you will recieve more mail

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

It isn't a pain for us...we just answer when we are ready to.

If however we have enough mails to sort and don't want anymore then we just hide the profile for a couple of days....it does work.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I can assure the OP and other popular ladies and couples that the initial flood doesn't last. In fact you'll look back on it one day with fond memories!

I rarely get more than 3 or 4 messages a day now and I don't use filters at all. So it will get better soon.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I know it baits after a while.

I've got message filters in place, and have actually asked people NOT to verify me yet, as that again increases the number of messages, I also dont give out my fabs username when in clubs or at parties etc.

I really wasn't going for a moan, just a querie :D In the mean time, I will just toughen up and delete and block instead of trying to reply to all of them it's hard to be annoyed at the laptop when its so sunny outside :D

By *ediceTV/TS
over a year ago

Wrexham

"what I would really like is to be able to come online but have the option to show as off line to be able to message just those I want to at time."

Love that idea.

Post new Message to Thread