Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Chameleons Newport or Darlaston manager

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi everyone

I am hoping that someone here knows the manager of Chameleons in Newport or the mother club in Darlaston and can help me.

I visited the Newport club yesterday evening, my first time ever at a club, to see what all the fuss was about.

I had to fill in and sign a form with my personal details on it, which staff then put in their computer. They also copied my id.

I wandered around the different rooms, sat in the hot tub, had a friendly chat with some nice people, ate some food, but decided that overall it was not my cup of tea.

On the way out I asked staff to destroy the form I had filled in and to erase my personal data from their database, in line with my legal rights under GDPR. They repeatedly refused.

So now I am in a situation that a swingers club stores my personal data and a copy of my id for life, I have no idea how secure their database is and who and how many people have access to it, and for what they will use my data over the next 50 years.

I am also extremely vulnerable and completely powerless. I can't send them a written complaint, go to the police or hire a solicitor, because that will just increase the paper trail and add more evidence that I have been there.

I haven't slept all night and I am feeling physically sick because of this. I will spend the rest of my life looking over my shoulder and being afraid that if I ever openly take a social or political stand that one of the people in the club don't like, I will be black-mailed and/or everything I have worked for for 30 years, will be destroyed with one article in the Daily Mail. And all of this because of a hot tub and a slice of pizza in a swingers club one sad Friday evening in September 2019.

Is there anyone here who knows the manager of Chameleons Newport or the mother club in Darlaston, who can help me to get this sorted please?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Ring the parent club in Darlaston, ask to speak to the owner about a potential breach of GDPR, and see whether you can sort it out that way... no paper trail.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Put a review on "club review"

I'm sure someone from the club would contact you ASAP!!! Not a nice way to do it.. But will get the response I'm sure

I'd try email to the club via website first line as you could be anyone on a phone call. Understand your data trace.. But 1 email might resolve the issue.

Ask for their policy on data protection removal etc.. If not ICO will help

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

Try ringing the darlaston club, ask to speak to the manager.

over a year ago

I'm sorry, OP, but aren't you going a bit overboard with the worrying??? Maybe being on a swingers site is actually not for you either?

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Defo OTT and why are they going to use your personal details for sinister reasons!

over a year ago

I could be wrong but I am sure it is policy for them to hold details of you as a member and logs as to when you attended.

You quote GDPR, yet they would not be able to pass those details on to anyone without your permission.

On the other hand what if there was an incident that compromised your safety or something? Records would show who attended when abd what times.

By *adame 2SwordsWoman
over a year ago

Victoria, London

I don't think anyone would be interested in customer details. They wouldn't achieve anything.

By *oney to the beeWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

"I don't think anyone would be interested in customer details. They wouldn't achieve anything.

"

They might if they wanted to threaten to expose them its not like it hasn't happened in the past.

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"I don't think anyone would be interested in customer details. They wouldn't achieve anything.

They might if they wanted to threaten to expose them its not like it hasn't happened in the past. "

Yeah but the odds of one of the staff finding out this ladies political views somehow then deciding to look up her details and approach a newspaper to tell them she once went to a swingers club aren't great. Seriously, who even has time for that?

By *TJxComboMan
over a year ago

birmingham

I'd change my name and leave the country if I were you.

By *ollydoesWoman
over a year ago

Shangri-La

But if you had liked the club you wouldn't mind them having your details?

over a year ago

"I could be wrong but I am sure it is policy for them to hold details of you as a member and logs as to when you attended.

You quote GDPR, yet they would not be able to pass those details on to anyone without your permission.

On the other hand what if there was an incident that compromised your safety or something? Records would show who attended when abd what times.

"

GDPR gives you the right to ask any organisation to delete any personal information they hold on you. You would no longer be able to be a member if you did so. It is illegal as an organisation to not be able to a) tell somebody what exact information you hold about them and b) to delete all the data if asked.

over a year ago

PS Fabswingers is also run by a company and has the exact same obligations.

over a year ago

PPS just to be super clear, you can only ask for personal information to be deleted once it is no longer required by the organisation. In this instance it is probably after you cancel your membership. If the organisation has some legal obligation to keep your data for an extra period of time they must inform you of the reason and what date the date will be deleted. If you disagree you can challenge through the regulator.

Hope this helps.

By *acnShellCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

Ask to see their privacy policy. This is a must have document if retaining data, and should be available to you.

By *igJandTheBlondeCouple
over a year ago

Kings Hill

Hit the green arrow guys!

Admin have closed this down several times!

No way any club owner “refused” to delete any data you had provided!

Fab! What a place we choose to spend time in!

By *arc and KamaCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I'm sorry, OP, but aren't you going a bit overboard with the worrying??? Maybe being on a swingers site is actually not for you either? "

I know a little bit about what OP is describing, so you are wrong.

Club copied ID. It is somewhere on theirs computer or a database.

Database can be local or on the internet.

Now questions are: what they know about a security? How many people have an access to this computer or system ? What is a password policy ? How secure is this computer?

Most of you who reads this post have easy to guess password because it is easy to remember. These passwords are typically first car, favourite holiday place, pet name etc. And this password is used to login to fab, Facebook, gmail etc...

What about a password like that: I;)mvEr#”yG,re@T ? In clear text “I’m very great”

Try imagine that simple malware (if this term is new to you, read about it) can cause that all data will leak. Maybe you do not mind, but I would not like to have my details exposed and for sale in TOR network....

Full name and address is just a small part, but photo ID, D.O.B is a problem.

Imagine that having these details, I can call to almost everywhere and say that I’m you. What is usually one of the security factors? I will be asked for DOB, which I know from your ID.

Believe this is only one example. People who will really steal your data, they will go much further. They will be able to clone your ID and you will end up with a loan, new car, a credit card... which you were not aware of.

Am I panicking??? Believe me I’m not.

Someone said that signing on this website is the same... It is not as it is unlikely that you put your real name.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Hit the green arrow guys!

Admin have closed this down several times!

)"

Because they were multiple threads and nothing to do with the content

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

All business's have the same obligations to remove data if asked to. I would suggest going back to the club and ask again. They cannot refuse

over a year ago

Darleston are great we go all the time, one of ybe girls has a profile on here x

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

"

…………………………………...

"

I am on the management of a vintage vehicle club. Several complaints were made against a director and the chairman had to ask permission of the complainants to reveal the content of the complaints but he was not allowed under GDPR rules to reveal their names.

By *wned EmCouple
over a year ago

nuneaton

As a member of several swingers clubs who operate the same policies of taking personal details to enable joining their private members clubs I think you are worried unnecessarily. Discretion is vital to the operation of these clubs and many members of Fab are also menders of various swingers clubs without issues arising.

over a year ago

OP you are worrying very unnecessarily over nothing, they were right to hold on to your details when you left, for all anyone knows you could have assaulted someone in the club or stolen property etc. I would imagine once no incidents have been recorded then your information will be removed. This is fir the integrity and safety of the club and members.

Think of scenario where a new member assaults someone in the club, leaves and asks for all their data to be removed, the club does this, 2 mins later the club are informed of the assault, call the police and then have no information on the perpetrator.

By *ackdoor and SlutCouple
over a year ago

Shipley

Under GDPR they will have a retention poly after which your ID details will be deleted. You will have agreed to their terms when becoming a member of the club. You can request details of their policy including this though and they should under law provide it.

It's both for their safety and for yours that they won'd delete it on request: They need to keep proof of age for example of anyone attending their clubs should they be challenged on it, they can't simply remove you because you now regret going.

On the bright side though a data breach that put you at risk could theoretically financially bankrupt them, so I suspect they are going to be extra careful with your data.

By *heshirefungirlWoman
over a year ago

ammanford

Chameleon have held my personal details and copies of my I'd for over a decade and it has never been disclosed or leaked

By *he Original SpartanMan
over a year ago

Daventry

"I'd change my name and leave the country if I were you. "

Qualityol

By *he Original SpartanMan
over a year ago

Daventry

Wow some people!!! Why go to a swingers club if your that pent up! Seriously...

Get over yourself, chameleons are a great club, Nic and Steve run it in a professional manner and don’t share people’s id! They have no interest in doing so either.

By *oved Up 2Couple
over a year ago

nottingham

"Wow some people!!! Why go to a swingers club if your that pent up! Seriously...

Get over yourself, chameleons are a great club, Nic and Steve run it in a professional manner and don’t share people’s id! They have no interest in doing so either.

"

Exactly- why go to a club in the first place? Beggars belief

By *olves_guyMan
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I wouldn't worry. I know of and have met one MP, 2 judges and lots of police officers and teachers at Chams Darlaston.

over a year ago

Since 2006 I have been a member of chameleons and never had a issue or not trusted them with data

I think you are a tad over sensitive

By *eordiesCouple
over a year ago

newcastle

"I wouldn't worry. I know of and have met one MP, 2 judges and lots of police officers and teachers at Chams Darlaston."

If my profession was one of the above I would not mention it to a casual meet at a club.

But as I'm only an Astronaut on leave from the International Space Station I don't have that worry.

By *olves_guyMan
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"I wouldn't worry. I know of and have met one MP, 2 judges and lots of police officers and teachers at Chams Darlaston.

If my profession was one of the above I would not mention it to a casual meet at a club.

But as I'm only an Astronaut on leave from the International Space Station I don't have that worry."

So you're one of the females up there? Well, stop being silly and get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich

Post new Message to Thread