Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Disabled swingers / meet

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I've been on here a few days now and would love to join this life style but have been concerned how I would be received with me being disabled ( i walk using two sticks) In so much that I've not mentioned it yet in my profile. Well that's going to change.

Having just read a lot of posts about disabled swingers my faith in the human race has just been restored.

1st job is to re write my profile and see what happens

2nd thing is to bite the bullet so to say and visit a club.

3rd job is which bloody club do we try 1st.

Thanks and hope to meet some of you in the future.i

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I can't recommend a club highly enough. It really is a pathway into the lifestyle. As long as you are respectful and polite, it's easy to make friends and network.

I'm often on at least one crutch and it's made no difference at all. The clubs and the attendees are very welcoming.

However, no club I've ever attended is hugely suitable for disabled members.

The playrooms are usually up or down at least one flight of steep stairs, the loos aren't accessible and the floors uneven.

If I were you I would look at the club review section on here. There are direct links to the clubs websites. Look at their photo galleries and choose from there.

Good luck.

By *ittleKinksCouple
over a year ago

Reading

Contact clubs in advance and explain the situation as people have said some may not be that suitable. But once you find the most sensible club in terms of its layout if the staff know ahead of time they can be that little bit more prepared.

By *eorge n DragonCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire

Nothing to be concerned about. Put it on your profile if you happy to do so.

Personally it would not deter us meeting someone just because they on crutches or even in wheelchair. And if someone judges you because of that it not someone you want to meet anyway.

As for clubs, yes tricky area. Some i have heard do have easy access but someone more informed may be able to help you here or researh in the club section.

By *asteregg01Woman
over a year ago

Leeds

Quest in Leeds is all on one level. It was built that way as one of the owners uses a wheelchair.

Check out their website for more information.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Just a heads up OP, you need to decide if your profile is that of a single man or a couple.

over a year ago

hi there

don't hesitate, go for it

over a year ago

I’m disabled and on crutches and never had any problems.

Enjoy your 1st club, there additive

over a year ago

I smashed my knee in September following a silly slip on a wet bathroom floor. Only just regaining my mobility, on one crutch now.

I went to my local club, Jaydees, first time after my accident when I was still in a wheelchair and using Zimmer frame. Yes, I was quite restricted to what areas of the club I could use, but everyone was friendly and welcoming. Haven't been there with one crutch yet as it's very recent development, but I have done it with 2 crutches and was able to access almost every area of the club. Yes, toilets and showers are tricky, but doable.

My advice - when you decide on a club, contact them in advance and see what their policy is and how accessible they are. I know some clubs that have a lot of stairs and are not wheelchair accessible, but if you're ok with stairs you should be fine.

I'm tempted to go to Chameleons Darlaston very soon, did contact them to check how they'd feel about a person on crutches/one crutch, as they have loads of stairs there. I was told I'd need to sign a form, but they are happy for me to access the club. So yet again- contact the club beforehand, and I'm sure they'd be very accommodating.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I think you should be upfront. Those who are narrow minded and not interested, will jog on straight away, leaving genuine people who really don't care about the sticks.

We have had lots of people attending with sticks and we have 2 regular chair users. They all get on just fine! Just be yourself when you're at a club. People won't make an issue out of your sticks if you don't. Get chatting to folk, follow the club rules like everyone else and you'll be just fine

Xxx

Post new Message to Thread