Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Swinging Club Discussion

Question for club owners.

Jump to newest

By *umpkin OP   Man
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I am a single guy with regular membership to Chameleons, Darlaston. On occasions I have to travel to other areas of the country but to visit a club usually means taking out a year`s membership for what would probably be a one-off visit. Would any club owners be prepared to look into some sort of arrangement where members one club would be able to visit another club on production of a membership card but perhaps with a small extra charge or something similar so the occasional visit could be sensibly made?

No doubt there may have to be some form of communication between clubs as I`m sure there may be in some cases already?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Affiliated club membership, great idea, just wonder if there is too much competition.

By *inkyman1964Man
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

AtlantisEVOLUTION in Stoke-on-Trent is £10 for lifetime membership. Fairly central location to visit or call in when you can.

By *ifferent69Man
over a year ago

BRIGHTON, UK

"I am a single guy with regular membership to Chameleons, Darlaston. On occasions I have to travel to other areas of the country but to visit a club usually means taking out a year`s membership for what would probably be a one-off visit. Would any club owners be prepared to look into some sort of arrangement where members one club would be able to visit another club on production of a membership card but perhaps with a small extra charge or something similar so the occasional visit could be sensibly made?

No doubt there may have to be some form of communication between clubs as I`m sure there may be in some cases already?"

that's a great idea, but very little money to made by club owners. Of which face it love us single guys turning up ..... knowing realistically were going to be dissapointed and not return . Were easy money ,just make the place look buisy and popular, perhaps a bit of eye candy for the couples to snigger at.

Single guys probably more likely to buy drinks and snacks too.

Were easy money........simples..

By *rummiePartyManMan
over a year ago

birmingham

"AtlantisEVOLUTION in Stoke-on-Trent is £10 for lifetime membership. Fairly central location to visit or call in when you can. "

So you join the club with the cheapest membership, e.g. Atlantis, and then use your membership to bypass the queues and higher membership prices at clubs like Chams....What could possibly go wrong?

By *adonnasteveCouple
over a year ago

Melksham

Angels in Melksham free membership. Just have to pre book in as places are limited for single guys.

By *orticiaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

Townhouse doesn’t need membership for guest list events, they’re open to non members. It’s mainly Saturday nights you need to be a member for single guys.

Wednesday, Thursday & Friday events are usually guestlist, so unless it was an event you don’t meet the demographic for (all female, gay, bi, over/u see 40 etc) then you could add your name to the list

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

As Morticia says, you don't need a membership at Townhouse for weekday parties, just Saturday and our membership are free. Saying that, those who have membership get discounts and benefits.

The affiliate scheme has been talked about between some clubs before but it's not something we would consider I'm afraid. The main reason is because some clubs let anybody in regardless of who they are and how they behave because they are paying a membership fee and a high entrance fee. We don't want to just let anybody in because they hold a membership elsewhere. Plus not all clubs are stringent on ID before giving memberships out. We would prefer to control who walks in and charge less. We prefer quality over the money.

By *inkyman1964Man
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

"I am a single guy with regular membership to Chameleons, Darlaston. On occasions I have to travel to other areas of the country but to visit a club usually means taking out a year`s membership for what would probably be a one-off visit. Would any club owners be prepared to look into some sort of arrangement where members one club would be able to visit another club on production of a membership card but perhaps with a small extra charge or something similar so the occasional visit could be sensibly made?

No doubt there may have to be some form of communication between clubs as I`m sure there may be in some cases already? that's a great idea, but very little money to made by club owners. Of which face it love us single guys turning up ..... knowing realistically were going to be dissapointed and not return . Were easy money ,just make the place look buisy and popular, perhaps a bit of eye candy for the couples to snigger at.

Were easy money........simples.."

Not true! Some single men try to go through the night without buying a drink or snack.

By *horty4Man
over a year ago

london

"As Morticia says, you don't need a membership at Townhouse for weekday parties, just Saturday and our membership are free. Saying that, those who have membership get discounts and benefits.

The affiliate scheme has been talked about between some clubs before but it's not something we would consider I'm afraid. The main reason is because some clubs let anybody in regardless of who they are and how they behave because they are paying a membership fee and a high entrance fee. We don't want to just let anybody in because they hold a membership elsewhere. Plus not all clubs are stringent on ID before giving memberships out. We would prefer to control who walks in and charge less. We prefer quality over the money. "

Also, don’t private members clubs (most swinger clubs are run under those rules?) have to have a record of members and demonstrate that they verify identities? I agree though, ive considered off visits to some clubs but the registration process seems too much hassle for a one off visit.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

Not all clubs require you to have membership. Some you just pay as you go on the door. So far I have experienced this system at the Attic (Derby) and Club 29 (Leicester). I also think pay as you go clubs are a good option for a first club visit.

By *inkyman1964Man
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

"Not all clubs require you to have membership. Some you just pay as you go on the door. So far I have experienced this system at the Attic (Derby) and Club 29 (Leicester). I also think pay as you go clubs are a good option for a first club visit."

So they just let anyone in off the streets, no checks??? Doesn't sound very safe?

Are these Clubs properly licensed by the local authorities?

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

"Not all clubs require you to have membership. Some you just pay as you go on the door. So far I have experienced this system at the Attic (Derby) and Club 29 (Leicester). I also think pay as you go clubs are a good option for a first club visit.

So they just let anyone in off the streets, no checks??? Doesn't sound very safe?

Are these Clubs properly licensed by the local authorities? "

Basicly. They must be all above board as they are both well established clubs with lots of satisfied and regular fab visitors. In fact the Attic is a huge club and party nights get huge numbers of people from here.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No doubt there may have to be some form of communication between clubs as I`m sure there may be in some cases already?"

We don't have a membership fee for anyone at Club Sx including single guys

Paul

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"Not all clubs require you to have membership. Some you just pay as you go on the door. So far I have experienced this system at the Attic (Derby) and Club 29 (Leicester). I also think pay as you go clubs are a good option for a first club visit.

Are these Clubs properly licensed by the local authorities? "

What possible checks could they do?

Apart from a profile, if people are members of online lifestyle sites, there is no database of swingers that ID can be checked against.

Also not having to be a member, does not necessarily equate to not having to show ID to come in, or not having to register.

For example until a a few years ago the Vanilla Alternative required a membership fee paid annually.

Now there is no fee, you still however have to register before you attend the club the first time, and provide ID on your first visit.

By *reddieTeresaCouple
over a year ago

Wakefield

This is a great idea - if it is workable. The alternative is making the first visit free for theses random visits.

Recently we were due to visit the north East for a wedding and I suggested to my wife that on the way up we could stop off at Club F as it had great reviews. The problem is that it has a £30 annual membership fee on top of its entry charge. This would have made an already expensive weekend eevn more expensive so we decided against it in the end.

I am guessing we are the sort of couple that clubs would like to attend as we do spend money behind the bar and are happy to entertain single guys {well the nice ones anyway lol}

So basically the club missed out on a one off visit and extra takings due to the annual fee.

I run a business myself and fully understand that they have overheads etc-however, it surely doesnt make sense to effectively turn business away.

Just my thoughts

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple
over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"This is a great idea - if it is workable. The alternative is making the first visit free for theses random visits.

Recently we were due to visit the north East for a wedding and I suggested to my wife that on the way up we could stop off at Club F as it had great reviews. The problem is that it has a £30 annual membership fee on top of its entry charge. This would have made an already expensive weekend eevn more expensive so we decided against it in the end.

I am guessing we are the sort of couple that clubs would like to attend as we do spend money behind the bar and are happy to entertain single guys {well the nice ones anyway lol}

So basically the club missed out on a one off visit and extra takings due to the annual fee.

I run a business myself and fully understand that they have overheads etc-however, it surely doesnt make sense to effectively turn business away.

Just my thoughts

"

If you read some of the comments above, some of us have free memberships x

By *reddieTeresaCouple
over a year ago

Wakefield

If you read some of the comments above, some of us have free memberships x

Yes I know-we have been to the Townhouse-obviously only referring to those clubs with annual fees

By *lub F Co.DurhamCouple
over a year ago

Stanley

"This is a great idea - if it is workable. The alternative is making the first visit free for theses random visits.

Just my thoughts

"

We now have a one off temp membership for people just like you.

We don’t sell alcohol just soft drinks and that way you can save a fortune and we also keep our entry Charges quite low because of our annual fee.

Our entry charges vary depending on the night. And in the 10years I have been there I have increased charges just once.

We do offer value for money and we feel that many of our regular members will agree, for example a couple on a Saturday night will pay £12.50 per person for use of the playrooms, bar, sauna, steam room and the hot tub, that’s not bad if you consider the entry to a night club.

All businesses have different business models and all work slightly differently.

As we are all independent operators that’s our choice of course.

I am sorry you felt we missed out on your business but the other side of the coin is that you may have missed the most fabulous night at the club, and once you paid that membership your 2nd/3rd entry will have been half price, which pretty near negates the membership charge.

Hopefully next time you are up north you may try us on a one off temp membership entry.

By *reddieTeresaCouple
over a year ago

Wakefield

The temporary membership sounds like a good idea-can I ask how much {feel free to pm me if you would prefer}

Yes we had noticed the half price admission on our 2nd and 3rd visits-its just that we could only see us visiting once a year at most.

You are of course also correct that we may have missed an amazing night-which is why we were interested in coming to your club in the first place lol

Hopefully we will be up your way in the not to distant future and be able to make use of your temporary membership scheme

Cheers

over a year ago

Stanley

"The temporary membership sounds like a good idea-can I ask how much {feel free to pm me if you would prefer}

Yes we had noticed the half price admission on our 2nd and 3rd visits-its just that we could only see us visiting once a year at most.

You are of course also correct that we may have missed an amazing night-which is why we were interested in coming to your club in the first place lol

Hopefully we will be up your way in the not to distant future and be able to make use of your temporary membership scheme

Cheers"

On a Friday temp membership and entry is £37 and on a sat its £40, tbh most people take out a full membership on the same night as they often enjoy and their feelings of trepidation are dispelled , not everyone of course, as some are just paying a flying visit. But hopefully when they see the North east hospitality they will

Come back and visit this lovely part of the country

All my staff and myself and Simon put our heart and soul into making your visit as enjoyable as we can and we really do try and keep our prices as reasonable as we can.

over a year ago

Stanley

That’s for a couple btw xx

over a year ago

Stanley

No doubt there may have to be some form of communication between clubs as I`m sure there may be in some cases already? that's a great idea, but very little money to made by club owners. Of which face it love us single guys turning up ..... knowing realistically were going to be dissapointed and not return . Were easy money ,just make the place look buisy and popular, perhaps a bit of eye candy for the couples to snigger at.

Were easy money........simples.."

Why so bitter.

Don’t tar everyone with this brush, and why such cynical assumptions.

It was our 10th year anniversary on Saturday and everyone was charged £10 to celebrate this, guys usually pay £35, so the single guys that came saved a fortune that night, we put in a great buffet and we had a fantastic burlesque dancer to entertain everyone.

I love everyone to turn up, not just single guys, as long as people show respect and follow the simple rules they are welcome and certainly I have never seen couples sniggering at single guys.

By *aydeesclubCouple
over a year ago

Bedfordshire

membership at our club (Jaydees) is £10 life time. You dont have to join the first time you come along.

Post new Message to Thread